gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:55:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Observer: It’s Time to Destroy ‘the Legend of Brian Wilson’  (Read 37573 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »

Really enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting.

I bet you did. Someone has come up with a bigger turd than your recent article.

They don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring.

Thanks for the plug. And it turns out what people have been telling me about you is true!

X

Now all is explained. My advice, stay away from shady characters in the gambling industry. Especially those that have brought themselves into disrepute! Say hi to Chuck for me  Grin

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
IainLee
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2016, 11:15:31 AM »

Thanks for the plug. And it turns out what people have been telling me about you is true!

X

Now all is explained. My advice, stay away from shady characters in the gambling industry. Especially those that have brought themselves into disrepute! Say hi to Chuck for me  Grin

Mate, that post makes as much sense as any of your usual rants.

But again, thanks for the love. Back at ya man.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »

X

So funny you instanty pull the "mate" thing. Sorry, it doesn't make you a tough guy, just idiotic. And a parody!

The fact that you like this article tells us all we need to know about you. As if your recent piece if crap didn't!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
IainLee
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:19 AM »

X

So funny you instanty pull the "mate" thing. Sorry, it doesn't make you a tough guy, just idiotic. And a parody!

The fact that you like this article tells us all we need to know about you. As if your recent piece if crap didn't!

You're rambling now pal. Seriously. Calm down dear. It's only a forum.

Ha. I've had so many PM's about you. Each one spot on!

Keep em coming. I'm enjoying this.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »

X

Ahh! More proof of the PM system being used to trash people considered not welcome! Who was doing this, and did they use impeccable sources to back it up?

Thanks for that. It will be added to the files. They're already stuffed full of similar reports.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
IainLee
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »

X

Ahh! More proof of the PM system being used to trash people considered not welcome! Who was doing this, and did they use impeccable sources to back it up?

Thanks for that. It will be added to the files. They're already stuffed full of similar reports.

Smiley Smile Message Board
1996-2016 RIP
It disappeared up its own arse.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »

X

Wow, I have obviously struck a nerve,  bingo! (A term Chuck will appreciate).

I bet you have. Care to share "all these PMs".

Spot on. Wow, another zinger from the famous writer  LOL

Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »

This is a train wreck that I can't seem to stop driving by. Having said that, the most troubling aspect of this article to me, other than the headline is Mike Love's family's reaction to it. I've often found that a celebrities family knows less about their career than the fans do.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »

IainLee, please try not to antagonize.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:01:50 PM by Emily » Logged
IainLee
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2016, 11:44:37 AM »

IainLee, please try not to antagonate.

*antagonise

And you're joking right? I know there's a queue of people waiting to boot me off this forum because I wrote an article saying I liked the lead singer of my second favourite band.

This is a place to celebrate beauty and light and a handful of people bring nothing but darkness and shame into what should be a beautiful place.

Guys. I know my days here are numbered. That's cool. But if you're gonna defend that troll...

And mate, I have no idea who Chuck is. But then, I would say that wouldn't I?

Toodle pip. I'm off to listen to Kokomo

X
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2016, 11:49:20 AM »

*antagonise

And you're joking right? I know there's a queue of people waiting to boot me off this forum because I wrote an article saying I liked the lead singer of my second favourite band.

This is a place to celebrate beauty and light and a handful of people bring nothing but darkness and shame into what should be a beautiful place.

Guys. I know my days here are numbered. That's cool. But if you're gonna defend that troll...

X

Iain, I remember you said you were looking into issuing a Mike Love solo album or something...

Did anything ever come of that?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2016, 11:51:07 AM »

X

Smiley Smile Message Board
1996-2016 RIP
It disappeared up its own arse.

No, it won't disappear but people will know more of what was going on, including attempts to screw people over personally via the PM system.

I'm wondering how many sore noses there are considering how far up the arses of impeccable sources and their mouthpieces certain members seem to have been.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »

*antagonise

X
I'm not joking. There's a lot of turmoil here just now, of which you may not be aware, but your posts are prodding exactly at the sources of that turmoil. I think it's a good time for people to not try to push people's buttons and be controversial but to try a little extra much to be accommodating. And I find it very hard to believe that you don't know that your last few posts are antagonistic.
I also think that ORR should not have reacted as strongly as he did to your first post. But you are very much crossing a line.

*and I hope you don't think you were correcting my spelling.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:52:24 AM by Emily » Logged
IainLee
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2016, 11:52:51 AM »

*antagonise

X

Iain, I remember you said you were looking into issuing a Mike Love solo album or something...

Did anything ever come of that?

Sadly no. It would have been too tricky and expensive so we are currently focusing on Monkees releases. Never say never though. I'd still like to.
IainLee
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »

*antagonise

X
I'm not joking. There's a lot of turmoil here just now, of which you may not be aware, but your posts are prodding exactly at the sources of that turmoil. I think it's a good time for people to not try to push people's buttons and be controversial but to try a little extra much to be accommodating. And I find it very hard to believe that you don't know that your last few posts are antagonistic.
I also think that ORR should not have reacted as strongly as he did to your first post. But you are very much crossing a line.

Hang on.

I wrote I enjoyed the piece (never said I agreed with it. I liked reading it)

He replied

'I bet you did. Someone has come up with a bigger turd than your recent article.'

And I'm being antagonistic?

No. You're wrong. He was doing what he always does - bullies and shouts louder and hides behind his keyboard. Others may take it. I won't. Sorry!

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »

*antagonise

X

Hang on.

He replied

'I bet you did. Someone has come up with a bigger turd than your recent article.'

No. You're wrong. He was doing what he always does - bullies and shouts louder and hides behind his keyboard. Others may take it. I won't. Sorry!

He was rude. I agree. But the 'take it up a notch' response to rudeness does not help. I doubt it has ever stopped anyone from being rude.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2016, 12:00:44 PM »

Should he instead have sent other board members a bunch of personal attacks hidden in PM as has been done before? Well, you actually got some of them Iain, maybe you can speak to that. If the attacks came from impeccable sources, we'd have to believe them, right?

IainLee
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2016, 12:00:49 PM »

Then tell him to stop being antagonistic and not me.

I said I liked something I read

He said I was crap at my job.

Er...and that's not personal?

Man. The PM's were spot on. That guy is incredible!

Still, I love him.
X
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2016, 12:00:59 PM »

The Brian Wilson/Syd Barrett analogy is flawed. Brian did withdraw from public life but Barrett withdrew from the world the rest of us live in. It was all but impossible for him to remain with Pink Floyd or launch any sort of solo career. (Not that he seemed to want one.) Brian's problems were substantial but less debilitating.

This thread is getting personal. Must it always be like this?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »

Then tell him to stop being antagonistic and not me.

I said I liked something I read

He said I was crap at my job.

Er...and that's not personal?

Man. The PM's were spot on. That guy is incredible!

Still, I love him.
X

So the PM's were sent by those with impeccable sources?

IainLee
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:58 PM »

Should he instead have sent other board members a bunch of personal attacks hidden in PM as has been done before? Well, you actually got some of them Iain, maybe you can speak to that. If the attacks came from impeccable sources, we'd have to believe them, right?

Literally no idea what that means. Try again and fill in the missing words

Here's the thing. You're a mod. And you're paranoid. And out of control. And you should retire.

There. I said what several people are thinking and are too scared to say.

Peace.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2016, 12:05:13 PM »

*antagonise

X

Hang on.

He replied

Sorry "mate" if you think me calling your article a turd "bullies and shouts louder" . As a journalist, you are very thin skinned. If you can't make stand the heat.......

It wasn't a personal attack on you but you made it one on me. And in doing so, you exposed the practice of a now banned member of PM smear campaigns.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2016, 12:05:31 PM »

Mr. Lee, several people have said that. No one's been scared to say that. And there's nothing brave in saying things as rudely as possible.
There's a new board. It's an opportunity to stop the constant fights. I'm trying so f*cking damned hard to take advantage of that opportunity. Please help.
IainLee
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »

I'm tired and typing this on my smartphone.

I've said all in going to say here but if you want to discuss this further call me

Have a great night.

X
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »

*antagonise

X

Hang on.

He replied

Sorry "mate" if you think me calling your article a turd "bullies and shouts louder" . As a journalist, you are very thin skinned. If you can't make stand the heat.......

It wasn't a personal attack on you but you made it one on me. And in doing so, you exposed the practice of a now banned member of PM smear campaigns.
ORR, please stop as well. Can everyone just stop?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx