gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:53:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys on Fox News  (Read 6874 times)
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 12:49:36 PM »

I seen them play but may have missed a few might not be quite in order. Can someone please correct the list if i missed or mis ordered the tracks

Do It Again
Surfin Safari
Surfin Usa
Sloop John B
Good Vibrations
Barbara Ann

After the show show

Wouldn't It Be Nice / I Get Around Medley
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 09:41:32 PM »

Your first line is on-topic, everything else is not. So yeah, everything else I would say needs to be taken to the Sandbox.

I'd just like to say, to any mods that are listening, that I'd like to see much more of this attitude taken when it comes to the moderation.

There's a whole subforum for political bickering, personal bickering, and other such things which have lost their connection to the Beach Boys.  Please, be much quicker to move things there.  It'll improve the atmosphere of the board no end.

And if anyone complains that "moving posts to a section of the forum where they're NOT ACTUALLY OFF-TOPIC" is offensive and tantamount to censorship -- the lady doth take offense too much, methinks.

Cheers,
Jon Blum
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:45:20 PM by Jonathan Blum » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 03:53:32 AM »

Thanks for the link. I have it DVR'd at home, so I'll reserve final judgement until I hear it in better quality, but I dare say it is the same track used for the Memorial Day Concert.   Undecided

I doubt that, but when you do watch maybe you can pick out who is playing the cello triplets in the chorus. Unless they're now using backing tracks to fill out the sound, I couldn't see any musicians playing the cello parts yet they're heard in the mix.

The cello triplets have probably been sampled and programmed on the electric piano. The first time I saw that they used that was the 2012 Grammy appearance with the Beach Boys. The whole Beach Boys tour was done like that afaik (mostly Darian holding the key on which the cello was programmed). I guess that's what Mike&Bruce did since.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 04:29:12 AM »

Thanks for the link. I have it DVR'd at home, so I'll reserve final judgement until I hear it in better quality, but I dare say it is the same track used for the Memorial Day Concert.   Undecided

I doubt that, but when you do watch maybe you can pick out who is playing the cello triplets in the chorus. Unless they're now using backing tracks to fill out the sound, I couldn't see any musicians playing the cello parts yet they're heard in the mix.

The cello triplets have probably been sampled and programmed on the electric piano. The first time I saw that they used that was the 2012 Grammy appearance with the Beach Boys. The whole Beach Boys tour was done like that afaik (mostly Darian holding the key on which the cello was programmed). I guess that's what Mike&Bruce did since.

I haven't seen that many videos but who is playing the cello for Brian's 2016 band? Maybe they are all sharing the same sample or prerecorded track?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:09:19 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 05:18:51 PM »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/2016/exxon-oil-building-avenue-of-the-americas-new-york-ny-2bfec0be.html

There jis the offical setlist for the day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 08:57:14 AM »

Thanks for the link. I have it DVR'd at home, so I'll reserve final judgement until I hear it in better quality, but I dare say it is the same track used for the Memorial Day Concert.   Undecided

I haven't seen that many videos but who is playing the cello for Brian's 2016 band? Maybe they are all sharing the same sample or prerecorded track?

Nicky Wonder plays the cello triplets part on his guitar, which is what the 60's lineup would do when Carl and Al were the guitarists.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx