gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:35:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW included in RollingStone's Summer Tour Preview  (Read 1854 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:06:50 AM »

Brian is quoted in a blurb about the PetSounds tour in the latest RS. I found the last line intriguing...

Now, he's even thinking about his next tour: "I'd love to do Summer Days (and Summer Nights!!) in its entirety. Those are some great songs!"

I'll take Wild Honey and Friends while yer at it, Mr. Wilson. 
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 10:20:32 AM »

Yes!!

(However, I'm expecting Smile next year, given the anniversary.)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:40:51 AM »

How about Love You? Didn't Brian say something about touring that at some point? Just asking. Cool Guy   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:35:51 AM »

I'd love for a different "full album" tour. I would probably lean towards "Wild Honey" over "Summer Days", but probably "Summer Days" over "Friends."

"Love You" might be the most interesting and poignant, as that was a very personal Brian-centric thing at the outset.

But I would tend to doubt any serious consideration is being given to a "Summer Days" tour; probably just an idea the interviewer floated that sounded good in theory to Brian. (Similar to Brian this year or last mentioning that it was a good idea to add "The Night Was So Young" to the setlist again).

The most likely scenario based on available information is that 2017 would start with more PS dates. Promoters have said demand remains high for extra shows in already-booked markets as well as markets Brian missed on the current schedule.

After that, a "Smile" tour would indeed seem most likely, though I'd still lean towards that not happening.

*If* he does a full album other than PS for a full tour, "Smile" is the likely candidate.

It would be *very cool* to hear the 2004 "Smile" arrangement with Al and Matt added to the vocal blend!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:37:30 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »

Ideally, though, I should say that my preference would just be a long setlist with an all-encompassing selection, including a lot of deep cuts. I'd rather hear the best half each of "Love You" and "Summer Days" instead of all of one or the other.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 06:50:36 PM »

If Brian's going to do Love You Live, then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that Mike will tour Summer in Paradise next year? Or he could reunite with Clean Jardine and reprise the entire MIU Album. I'm sure Mike would love to sing Hey Little Tomboy to someone's granddaughter. No! I've got it! A full band reunion doing LY/MIU in full! Yeah, that would rock! The BB's at their best! "Pat, pat, pat pat pat her on the butt...butt...." Shocked
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx