gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:13:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Meets Donald Trump  (Read 46794 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2016, 07:39:55 AM »

HJ,

Maybe it was hyperbole, but when there's a picture of a veteran, or somebody supporting veterans, and somebody posts "everything about this photo makes me sick," I don't see any problem with questioning that.  

Maybe that poster will provide an explanation.  

I assumed the "makes me ill" poster was referring to the photo with just the two guys, thumbs aloft. That was the photo immediately above the post in question.

But more to the point, to suggest that someone reacting negatively is trying to say something negative about veterans or supporting veterans is just deflecting, in my opinion.

The poster was/is OBVIOUSLY talking about the two public figures in question.

Mike doesn't get a pass on being criticized for taking a photo op because of the nature of the event he was attending. He could have crossed paths without talking, and certainly without posing for a photo op.  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:40:23 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2016, 07:46:52 AM »

yeah wasnt hard to figure out which photo the guy was commenting to

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
KDS
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »

Why should Mike need a pass for posing with Trump?  

People talk about Trump like he's this anti christ.  Is it even possible for somebody to do worse than the current President?
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2016, 08:04:07 AM »

Based on Mike's facebook comments, it was an unexpected meeting, but he had a rather glowing review of the speech and encounter. To be honest, I would happily take a photo with any former president regardless of party affiliation. Same goes for any of the presidential candidates formerly or currently running for president in this election cycle. A photo doesn't necessarily equal an endorsement.

Thumbs up seems like an endorsement to me
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:05:26 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2016, 08:30:54 AM »

People talk about Trump like he's this anti christ.  Is it even possible for somebody to do worse than the current President?

Yes, Donald Trump
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »

Nobody outside of this forum cares about this.  Give it a rest.
Heteronym
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2016, 09:05:42 AM »

I am the 'makes me ill' poster ( Grin) and HeyJude is absolutely spot on in his analysis.

It was indeed a hyperbole concerning the picture with the two gentlemen hugging. Nothing to do with veterans, as I'm not even from the US and therefore it's not something I know much or even have an opinion about.
KDS
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »

I am the 'makes me ill' poster ( Grin) and HeyJude is absolutely spot on in his analysis.

It was indeed a hyperbole concerning the picture with the two gentlemen hugging. Nothing to do with veterans, as I'm not even from the US and therefore it's not something I know much or even have an opinion about.

I thought you were posting about the picture of Mike, Trump, and the biker. 

My mistake. 
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »

Nobody outside of this forum cares about this.  Give it a rest.

Actually... according to my social media (a bunch of aging music nerds) this picture is pretty popular and to most people, it just plays into the common concept of Mike being a crappy dude.

Also, the "IT'S JUST TWO AMERICANS SUPPORTING THE TROOPS!" is either an amazing troll, or just someone REALLY UNAWARE of the world around them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:12:30 AM by chaki » Logged
KDS
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »

Actually... according to my social media (a bunch of aging music nerds) this picture is pretty popular and to most people, it just plays into the common concept of Mike being a crappy dude.

Also, the "IT'S JUST TWO AMERICANS SUPPORTING THE TROOPS!" is either an amazing troll, or just someone REALLY UNAWARE of the world around them.

I didn't realize supporting Trump made one a "crappy" person. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »

In pointing out that Mike doesn't get a pass, I was only referring to my perception that it was being implied that the nature of the event in question, or the types of people in the background, somehow would or could mitigate Mike choosing to pose for a picture with a divisive figure. The event in question could be the most altruistic and non-partisan event possible and the same objections to the photos would still stand, if one were inclined to object in any way to the photo.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2016, 09:16:42 AM »

KDS
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »

Good to know that Mike and I are both "crappy" people. 

Grin
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »

I think the previous poster said that the picture plays into the perception of Mike rather than saying he's actually a "crappy person."

Again, this all goes back to making an objective observation versus tapping into one's own political (or any other) leaning or preference.

Whether you agree or disagree with anything or everything to do with those two guys in the photo, I would say objectively it's obviously going to be seen as inflammatory (or objectionable, or nauseating, or any number of negative reactions) by a lot of people.

If two guys I like pose for a photo, I can say that *I* think it's great or inconsequential for me while simultaneously being willing to admit if the photo would, objectively speaking, also obviously be seen by many as vomit-inducing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:22:30 AM by HeyJude » Logged

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2016, 09:54:03 AM »

Maybe Mike can play a show at a rally for Donald while the crowd destroys copies of Brian's "Mexican Girl". They can then do a thumbs up to an image of that.

The infamous hypothetical Mexico wall Mike's apparently ok with.... but endorsing The Wall, the actual album, that on the other hand was a "no".

Shaking my head.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:20:11 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2016, 10:00:29 AM »

Obviously not the first time the 2 have met, if memory serves me correct the BB's (Including Carl) have played Private Functions for Trump in the past
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »

Maybe Mike can play a show at a rally for Donald while the crowd destroys copies of Brian's "Mexican Girl". They can then do a thumbs up to an image of that.

The infamous hypothetical Mexico wall Mike's apparently ok with.... but endorsing The Wall, the actual album, that on the other hand was a "no".

Shaking my head.
don't forget copies of "smart girls" Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2016, 10:22:19 AM »

Obviously not the first time the 2 have met, if memory serves me correct the BB's (Including Carl) have played Private Functions for Trump in the past

Yeah, but it's quite a different ballgame now that this orange man is running for office, and Mike has now effectively endorsed his campaign (and he may as well have had the BB brand name endorse him since Mike's rocking the omnipresent BB logo cap).

Mike's got the right to do so, blatantly with a photo op no less, just as I have the right to feel sick to my stomach.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:31:41 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »

Celebrity endorsements of candidates have zero influence on how I vote.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »

Actually, that is totally untrue. It's in fact starting to trend on social media.

Let's get together and Make America Great Again...

Trump's combover, combover, the crow cries uncover the cornfield...

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:11:38 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »

New song: "Pisces Hat Brothers."

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2016, 03:00:24 PM »

What's the big deal? Trump paid his $35.99 for the meet and greet, got his copy of SiP signed, received a complimentary "Excitations" tote bag and had the obligatory photo OP with Mike.

Must admit that I was shocked initially: Mike's a tall guy and I hadn't expected Trump to be taller. Then I realised he was stood on Bruce.

Mike wins either way: he gets to keep the $35.99 (less $0.99 the tote bag cost him) and he has a keepsake photo of himself with the Republican Party's much-loved Presidential candidate before he loses the election and fades into obscurity.

“We live in divisive times.”
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »

Actually, that is totally untrue. It's in fact starting to trend on social media.

Let's get together and Make America Great Again...

Trump's combover, combover, the crow cries uncover the cornfield...

LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2016, 03:33:38 PM »

... before he loses the election and fades into obscurity.

please.
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »

The bit I can't figure out is how Mike Love, an apparently sincere environmentalist since before it was trendy, could back a guy who dismisses global warming and supports environmentally disastrous drilling and pipeline projects.

Regards,
Jon Blum
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx