gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:19:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Meets Donald Trump  (Read 46431 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »

Yep...Your next Vice President... LOL...Michael E. Love...running mate of Donald T. Rump. 

Two peas in a pod.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »

If the Lovester and/or Bruce are voting for anyone but Trump, I'd be slack-jawed in surprise.

Murrrrikka's Band!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 09:04:53 PM »

New York Times article shows myKe luHv talking to the Don but the article never mentions him.  LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »

Was Mike there to perform for the bikers? Paul Revere and the Raiders performed for Rolling Thunder several times in the early 00's. Nancy Sinatra, Billy Ray Cyrus and Bill Medley also took part in those shows. Sad if those guys think Trump is going to help them, though.
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »

Glad Mike is on our side!
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »

The wall is going to be like the Love train...HUGE.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 01:40:27 PM »

COMMENT:

You may view the Washington DC National Memorial Day Concert for 2016 at >>> http://www.pbs.org/video/2365765896/

THE BEACH BOYS segment starts at 42:00 minutes into the presentation.

Excellent production values and performance by all.
  ~swd
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 02:39:53 PM »

Glad Mike is on our side!
On our side of what?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »

".....so yeah, I've had a few wives and fired some people myself!"
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 03:35:55 PM »

".....so yeah, I've had a few wives and fired some people myself!"
LOL LOL LOL

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2016, 11:55:28 PM »

new wallpaper

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 12:02:12 AM »

wow

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 01:51:47 AM »

omg

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Heteronym
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 03:50:08 AM »

Everything about that picture makes me physically ill.
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 04:15:26 AM »

new wallpaper

Cute couple
KDS
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 05:36:12 AM »

Even the patriotic biker with the Eagle and Pentagon on his vest? 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2016, 05:57:23 AM »

A picture of two Americans supporting our POW/MIA makes you physically ill?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2016, 06:34:29 AM »

A picture of two Americans supporting our POW/MIA makes you physically ill?

Ah, Mam Cott a Trump supporter!? Too good to be true!

LOL
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2016, 06:55:51 AM »

Mike posed for that picture. He's been in "show business" for 55 years, a good 52 or 53 of those in the national spotlight. He can't *not* know the possible reactions to such a photo.

To be incredulous as to why a good percentage of people would find such a photo distasteful is rather confusing to me. I doubt even Mike would be surprised that many people want to barf when they see the photo.

He clearly *doesn't care* what people think about his political affiliations and opinions, and hasn't for eons. Read the Rusten/Stebbins "In Concert" book, which reprints some of Mike's comments about playing Sun City in 1981. As Rusten and Stebbins point out in the book, the only reason nobody cared about the BBs playing Sun City and Mike making inflammatory comments about the UN is that the BBs had fallen so far off the radar in late 1981.

The Beach Boys as a touring band, with and without various members outside of Mike over the years, have played a variety of events tied to a political figure. Why in the world they've so often done this, I have no idea (Brian was quoted back in the 80s saying the BBs shouldn't be so political), but the BBs have not really had much negative blowback from any political affiliations. Bruce called the President an "a**hole" during the 2012 tour, that was the last time something briefly hit the news (or, at least, the tabloids).

Mike is entitled to not care what people think, and people are entitled to opine. Mike wasn't caught in a private moment; he went to a public event and then chose to pose, thumbs up, for a photo with someone. He'll have to deal with whatever the reactions are. I'm sure such reactions will not hinder or discourage Mike in any way.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2016, 07:02:52 AM »

HJ,

I can see why Donald Trump may rub some people the wrong way, the same way Mike does. 

Speaking for myself, and possibly Cam, I was asking why a poster above said that "everything" about that picture made him physically ill.  So, Trump, Mike, and the biker's vest then? 

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 07:14:03 AM »

Mike posed for that picture. He's been in "show business" for 55 years, a good 52 or 53 of those in the national spotlight. He can't *not* know the possible reactions to such a photo.

To be incredulous as to why a good percentage of people would find such a photo distasteful is rather confusing to me. I doubt even Mike would be surprised that many people want to barf when they see the photo.

He clearly *doesn't care* what people think about his political affiliations and opinions, and hasn't for eons. Read the Rusten/Stebbins "In Concert" book, which reprints some of Mike's comments about playing Sun City in 1981. As Rusten and Stebbins point out in the book, the only reason nobody cared about the BBs playing Sun City and Mike making inflammatory comments about the UN is that the BBs had fallen so far off the radar in late 1981.

The Beach Boys as a touring band, with and without various members outside of Mike over the years, have played a variety of events tied to a political figure. Why in the world they've so often done this, I have no idea (Brian was quoted back in the 80s saying the BBs shouldn't be so political), but the BBs have not really had much negative blowback from any political affiliations. Bruce called the President an "a**hole" during the 2012 tour, that was the last time something briefly hit the news (or, at least, the tabloids).

Mike is entitled to not care what people think, and people are entitled to opine. Mike wasn't caught in a private moment; he went to a public event and then chose to pose, thumbs up, for a photo with someone. He'll have to deal with whatever the reactions are. I'm sure such reactions will not hinder or discourage Mike in any way.

Based on Mike's facebook comments, it was an unexpected meeting, but he had a rather glowing review of the speech and encounter. To be honest, I would happily take a photo with any former president regardless of party affiliation. Same goes for any of the presidential candidates formerly or currently running for president in this election cycle. A photo doesn't necessarily equal an endorsement.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 07:20:57 AM »

It's obvious *why* someone would hyperbolically opine that everything about a photo of those two guys makes them ill. If one doesn't like many things about the two people in the photo, and that person sees those two seemingly disparate but equally disliked people converge in a photo, that's going to be the obvious reaction. On top of all of that, it also immediately garners extra severe reactions because it involves politics.

If you don't agree with the idea that the photo is disagreeable conceptually (if not visually) for a million reasons (obviously, it's the personalities and politics and ideas behind the people in the photo, not the existence of the photo itself), that's fine. But I can't imagine not understanding *why* some people would feel that way.

I'm just not a fan of what strikes me, whether it's intended or not, as a sort of manufactured incredulity. It happens here sometimes, usually regarding things like Mike interviews. It's often a sticking point in conversations regarding Mike; the inability of a few to just say they agree with Mike's opinion and demeanor and attitude while acknowledging how, objectively, some of his comments paint him in a negative light.

I can agree with someone (politically or otherwise) but objectively say that a given picture or interview was ill-advised and is representative of something distasteful to many.

This thread certainly seems as though it's "Sandbox" bound.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:31:01 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2016, 07:29:31 AM »

Based on Mike's facebook comments, it was an unexpected meeting, but he had a rather glowing review of the speech and encounter. To be honest, I would happily take a photo with any former president regardless of party affiliation. Same goes for any of the presidential candidates formerly or currently running for president in this election cycle. A photo doesn't necessarily equal an endorsement.

True. But as I said, Mike has been in the business for a half century. He didn't have to pose for a photo. If he was a connoisseur of political figures, both reviled and celebrated, and wanted a private collection of photos with such figures, he could have taken a private photo.

Mike *wanted*, or certainly was not opposed, to the idea of this photo being publicized. It's a textbook definition of "photo op."

Again, I'm just not big on incredulousness that makes no sense. Some degree of Mike's politics are obvious based on his own comments and actions; that this photo exists is not surprising to me in the slightest. Thus, I don't pretend to be shocked by it. But I also can't fathom why someone would be surprised that many react negatively to the visceral, conceptual, and political things this photo represents.

KDS
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2016, 07:33:22 AM »

HJ,

Maybe it was hyperbole, but when there's a picture of a veteran, or somebody supporting veterans, and somebody posts "everything about this photo makes me sick," I don't see any problem with questioning that. 

Maybe that poster will provide an explanation. 
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2016, 07:34:54 AM »

True. But as I said, Mike has been in the business for a half century. He didn't have to pose for a photo. If he was a connoisseur of political figures, both reviled and celebrated, and wanted a private collection of photos with such figures, he could have taken a private photo.

Mike *wanted*, or certainly was not opposed, to the idea of this photo being publicized. It's a textbook definition of "photo op."

Again, I'm just not big on incredulousness that makes no sense. Some degree of Mike's politics are obvious based on his own comments and actions; that this photo exists is not surprising to me in the slightest. Thus, I don't pretend to be shocked by it. But I also can't fathom why someone would be surprised that many react negatively to the visceral, conceptual, and political things this photo represents.

Agreed.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx