-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297809 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: November 30, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »

Ps, again, want to thank you, Watamushi, for your positive contributions to the forums. Great example that I know I and others can learn from and it only helps the fan community.

Absolutely! :-)

P.S. I had made the earlier post thinking that Dr. BB was one of the moderators but he's not. His comment didn't sit well with me.

Dr. BB was one of the founders of that place, and the admin until he imploded and went after the moderators that were appointed. He quit in a huff, left the board, then came back and is now moralizing all over the place.

Yes, I have a personal bias in this because he was one of the "like minded" people who was in with Doe regarding starting a new board to help sink this one. It failed miserably. We're still here.

And he also took it upon himself, after said plans to start another board were underway, to launch attacks against myself and Billy about moderation and other insane stuff that usually led to a rant posted against us and this place. Read my signature line and you'll see the type of logic we were dealing with. In short, the truth and the facts don't matter as long as he believed what he wanted to believe. That's delusional. But consider what happened, and how things imploded within months on what was supposed to be the nice and welcoming board for all the real fans. I called bullshit back then, I call bullshit now.

I really have nothing to do at all with that place and haven't had anything to do with it despite my name coming up over there when it first started, along with Billy's, from people who broke the rules and were banned here.

But I have wondered if the Doc is still involved in paying the bills, or if he stuck Andersson with the full tab after he quit in a huff when the notion of following the rules bounced back on him too.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 30, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »

Ps, again, want to thank you, Watamushi, for your positive contributions to the forums. Great example that I know I and others can learn from and it only helps the fan community.

Absolutely! :-)
Thanks! That kind of comments always encourages me to work hard on polls Smiley

One more edit, just want to add that all of what I’ve said is documented on this forum. Do not just take my word on it, look at the post history here if you want,
I think I'd check them out. The affair you mentioned sounds quite disgusting, and I need to check it by myself. Thanks anyway.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2017, 05:22:59 AM »

I remember back then when that poster made his pseudo-apology, people said things like "I knew you didn't mean it" when *right* there in his OP he said he's watching Ellen to learn / accept gays. JK among others said that. Funny lot! Cheesy It's like people didn't even read what he *actually* said in that "apology". If he "didn't mean it", why the hell would he mention watching Ellen, haha? The mind seriously boggles. Head Spin Some poster in the "Melinda" thread rightly said that bringahorseinhere has no self-awareness at all. People like that should get better if they stop posting, as in take short break maybe?

2Silken - girl, it goes both ways, I should ask the same question - why people at PS care so much for what people say at Smiley? They too reference this board. If they can, surely we too, no? I think everybody's allowed to do that? Really, Silken, you asked really weird question.

In different PS news, I'd been meaning to say this - in which way does "Like" feature work? Many times I didn't get which bit, which paragraph, sentence some poster "liked" in smb. else's post. F.ex., some poster writes 3 different things about 3 different issues or uses the phrase that usually contradicts the previous statement - "That said, ...". Is "liking" in this regard agreeing with "That said" onwards or before it? It's such blur, this whole "Like" trend. I figured people like what they agree with? Seems like there is few other reasons to "Like" post. Maybe people should stop being super-humble & "like" posts only written by them. police 3D In fact, think I'd seen smb. did "like" his/her post(s).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #778 on: December 01, 2017, 05:41:12 AM »

In different PS news, I'd been meaning to say this - in which way does "Like" feature work? Many times I didn't get which bit, which paragraph, sentence some poster "liked" in smb. else's post. F.ex., some poster writes 3 different things about 3 different issues or uses the phrase that usually contradicts the previous statement - "That said, ...". Is "liking" in this regard agreeing with "That said" onwards or before it? It's such blur, this whole "Like" trend. I figured people like what they agree with? Seems like there is few other reasons to "Like" post. Maybe people should stop being super-humble & "like" posts only written by them. police 3D In fact, think I'd seen smb. did "like" his/her post(s).

It sort of mirrors Facebook in a way.  If a poster posts something you agree with, instead of commenting "Agreed" and "Yes, 100%", you can just click the "Like" button.  The forum on Brian Wilson's website also adopted it. 

Off topic, but I see "smb" in a lot of your posts.  I'm not really up to date on abbreviations.   What's that stand for?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 01, 2017, 05:50:34 AM »

Take 2 - if people say 3 DIFFERENT things about 3 DIFFERENT issues. AND if people typed long post which then continues with "That said" - you know when this phrase is used - which exactly they "liked" there? Don't make me to do take 3 & you got it this time. Tongue

"smb." is "somebody" - they use this abbreviation in dictionaries.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #780 on: December 01, 2017, 06:52:22 AM »

Take 2 - if people say 3 DIFFERENT things about 3 DIFFERENT issues. AND if people typed long post which then continues with "That said" - you know when this phrase is used - which exactly they "liked" there? Don't make me to do take 3 & you got it this time. Tongue

"smb." is "somebody" - they use this abbreviation in dictionaries.

Personally, if I don't 100% agree with a post, I usually don't hit the "Like" button. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:37 AM »

A "like" feature is weird and often counterproductive, especially on message boards. You get some people who never use it, some people who click "Like" on *everything* they read, and it also become a weird clique-ish popularity contest sort of thing in some cases.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »

2Silken - girl, it goes both ways, I should ask the same question - why people at PS care so much for what people say at Smiley? They too reference this board. If they can, surely we too, no? I think everybody's allowed to do that? Really, Silken, you asked really weird question.

You're right, I should ask the same question there. There isn't a "Smiley Smile Forum" at PSF, so the "hatred" is more evident here, that's why I posted the question in this thread.

Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2017, 07:27:16 AM »

I use the "Like" button when I like (or agree with) the entire post. Otherwise I quote the bit I like or agree with and make some comment about it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2017, 07:57:49 AM »

You're right, I should ask the same question there. There isn't a "Smiley Smile Forum" at PSF, so the "hatred" is more evident here, that's why I posted the question in this thread.

Well, you can garner an idea from their posts about us when they make them...we all hate mike love, this board is too negative, etc.

I hope my answer to your initial question (pages ago) made sense.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: December 01, 2017, 09:42:32 AM »

I think several of us who may have been directly involved in some of the nonsense that happened courtesy of a few of the so-called "respected" members of the other forum answered your earlier questions factually and honestly. Keep in mind that what was said about having an archive of and access to all of the episodes and exchanges and warnings and reported posts (i.e. everything that happened) is 100% true. If there are any issues or questions or even challenges as to what happened previously regarding members who were banned or left here to find greener pastures with Doe and "Mikes Beard" and company, all of it exists and can be called on any time and made public unless there are privacy issues at stake. Such as members reporting unwanted or harassing posts or messages who wished to remain anonymous.

Consider the "hatred" you perceive will never be addressed or even acknowledged by those on the other forum who were banned or otherwise, because there has never been an admission that they did anything wrong, there has never been an apology for the behavior or actions, and instead there is a board which is still full of lies and distortions about episodes which we could simply destroy by revealing what's in the archives and showing what really happened.

And frustrating too is how that has already been done in numerous cases, explanations and facts were posted openly by multiple moderators and admins here on a variety of issues, yet the lies were still allowed to be posted and exist as fact over there.

On that note, add my voice to those welcoming "Watamushi" here to this forum, it's good to have a dedicated fan joining the discussions and I hope that continues for a long time to come.

But look at everything that was done and continues to be lied about, and posters new to that place like Watamushi was have no reference to the truth except for the lies they may be reading and believing as told by those who got kicked out of this place. So they're believing whatever the "trusted" members are saying and lying about because there is no way to challenge it without Dauber or whoever else is modding the place now banning the challengers as 'trolls', or so it would seem.

Any questions about what happened, please don't hesitate to ask. All the info is available.

Hope that clarifies more of the situation.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:44:40 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2017, 09:48:08 AM »

Well, you can garner an idea from their posts about us when they make them...we all hate mike love, this board is too negative, etc.

I read your answer and it makes sense but I still don't understand why people (by "people" I mean some PSF members and some SS members) make such a big deal about things that happen on an internet forum. I have more serious things to worry about.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 01, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »

I read your answer and it makes sense but I still don't understand why people (by "people" I mean some PSF members and some SS members) make such a big deal about things that happen on an internet forum. I have more serious things to worry about.

This band was a source of “therapy” in a way for me. When I found their music I was going through a rough patch in life, nothing major but enough that The Beach Boys music and the fan community was a source of comfort to me. So of course there are more serious things to worry about in life, but that this community was something that people use to get away from serious stuff means that keeping riff raff out of the fan community is important for its positive future.

Lately I have tried to keep a positive outlook on the community, and have been less negative than I normally am. But seeing “Bob” get kicked off the forum for asking two simple questions got me pretty annoyed at one or two members of the fan community again.

This music brought all of us together, be you Mike’s Beard, Debbie KL, Andrew G Doe, me, or Watamushi, etc.. But NONE of us should get preferential treatment over others, especially if some of us have a history of being nasty with fellow members of the fan community.

@guitarfool, great post!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:20:35 AM by rab2591 » Logged

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 02, 2017, 10:16:36 PM »

Perhaps Watamushi would be a good addition to their mod team if it came up. Always has come across to me as friendly and unbiased.  That's what's missing there.
Now I've made it Grin
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 03, 2017, 02:48:46 AM »

Perhaps Watamushi would be a good addition to their mod team if it came up. Always has come across to me as friendly and unbiased.  That's what's missing there.
Now I've made it Grin

You da man, Watamushi-san!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: December 03, 2017, 09:21:00 AM »

He really is.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #791 on: December 03, 2017, 09:28:41 AM »

Hope he cleans it up.

You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 03, 2017, 09:46:32 AM »

I'm a mod there too now. Me and Watamushi will do our best to keep the board civil alongside the other mods. We won't play favorites.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:47:16 AM by You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: December 03, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »

Awesome. ..congrats to the both of you. Hope this is the start of us being sister boards as opposed to how it's been. You two are good in my book. Best advice I can give is, always keep an open mind, and don't be afraid to make the hard choices even if it may personally hurt. The community always comes first.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 03, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »

That’s great to hear!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 03, 2017, 11:02:02 AM »

Perhaps my banning should be looked at anew? I was treated pretty shabbily with little-to-no communication. I'm sure the powers-that-be over there will push against it but I think it'd be fair.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 03, 2017, 12:16:24 PM »

Perhaps my banning should be looked at anew? I was treated pretty shabbily with little-to-no communication. I'm sure the powers-that-be over there will push against it but I think it'd be fair.
I'll ask about it, but don't expect much.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 03, 2017, 02:49:36 PM »

Wow. You are Dick Rising! I didn't know that.

And, yeah, I'm willing to discuss Jim's ban. Plus Bob Belcher's.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #798 on: December 03, 2017, 03:01:49 PM »

That's a sentence that sounds hilarious taken out of context :D

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 03, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »

And, yeah, I'm willing to discuss Jim's ban. Plus Bob Belcher's.

I'm not expecting anything. I got out of line once I felt like I wasn't be fairly treated by the moderators, when it seemed there were rules for the AGDs and Mott's of the world, and the homophobes and misogynists, and then rules for "the others." I do realize I went over the line after and things went haywire. But I do thank you, Watamushi and Dick Rising!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: