-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297795 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 29, 2017, 01:37:53 PM »

Whether it be SweetDudeJim or someone else from here or elsewhere. Too bad certain people, including the leadership there, can’t handle a simple question. Like two very honest questions from Bob and you’d think the whole house of cards was about to tumble down.

Both of "Bob's" questions were answered.  He was banned because he's a previously banned member who keeps trying to troll that forum. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »

A new member there seems to have picked up on that

I don't think it's a new member based on the posts I've seen.  I would have given AGD a timeout, but I'm not a mod.  It seems the people they chose to be mods are never around anyway. 

Yeesh, based off of his history I would’ve booted him the second I saw his name on that forum. But again, they’re trying their best to keep members, not actually create a place that has an impartial set of rules.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 29, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »

Whether it be SweetDudeJim or someone else from here or elsewhere. Too bad certain people, including the leadership there, can’t handle a simple question. Like two very honest questions from Bob and you’d think the whole house of cards was about to tumble down.

Both of "Bob's" questions were answered.  He was banned because he's a previously banned member who keeps trying to troll that forum.  

Yeah. “Answered”. Doe does as much rewriting of history as the guy he lunches with. It’ll fool new fans that join there, hope the leadership is proud of what they’ve done.

And yeah, it probably is SweetDudeJim, but I doubt there was actual evidence to prove it - which just goes to show that if you challenge Andrew you’ll just be labeled “SweetDudeJim” and banned swiftly. Gotta keep protecting Andrew, like he was here for years. ...edit; to add to this last sentence, I totally get why what happened here for years happened, but the guys who now run PS forum saw exactly what happened and are allowing it to happen AGAIN...which is unreal to me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:06:33 PM by rab2591 » Logged

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: November 29, 2017, 02:03:47 PM »

I don't think it's a new member based on the posts I've seen.  I would have given AGD a timeout, but I'm not a mod.  It seems the people they chose to be mods are never around anyway. 

I was referring to the new female poster, not the dude.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 29, 2017, 03:02:49 PM »

Both of "Bob's" questions were answered.  He was banned because he's a previously banned member who keeps trying to troll that forum.  

Yeah. “Answered”. Doe does as much rewriting of history as the guy he lunches with. It’ll fool new fans that join there, hope the leadership is proud of what they’ve done.

And yeah, it probably is SweetDudeJim, but I doubt there was actual evidence to prove it - which just goes to show that if you challenge Andrew you’ll just be labeled “SweetDudeJim” and banned swiftly. Gotta keep protecting Andrew, like he was here for years. ...edit; to add to this last sentence, I totally get why what happened here for years happened, but the guys who now run PS forum saw exactly what happened and are allowing it to happen AGAIN...which is unreal to me.

Well, nothing AGD said there was rewriting history.  Regardless of who Bob is, it most definitely was someone from here trying to troll the board. 
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 29, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »

I was referring to the new female poster, not the dude.

So was I.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 29, 2017, 04:35:25 PM »

Well, nothing AGD said there was rewriting history.  Regardless of who Bob is, it most definitely was someone from here trying to troll the board. 

Well upon reading it again, AGD didn’t answer his question, and completely whitewashed what Bob was obviously talking about (the bullshit about the adoption that was spread, and the other rumors).

I hope Bob was someone from here trying to ask a simple question that’s apparently too much for Andrew or the leadership to handle.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: November 29, 2017, 07:54:51 PM »

This happening is a surprise? That board is there so no one can challenge the bullshit that was spread here for years under the guise of private messages when not stated openly, to allow assholes to behave like assholes unchecked, and to give banned members who violated the rules here a place to do what they do.

Simple as that. The admin self-destructed months into the place's existence, and turned on the moderators there.

No thanks. f*** 'em.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:02:20 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: November 29, 2017, 07:56:26 PM »

Well upon reading it again, AGD didn’t answer his question, and completely whitewashed what Bob was obviously talking about (the bullshit about the adoption that was spread, and the other rumors).

I hope Bob was someone from here trying to ask a simple question that’s apparently too much for Andrew or the leadership to handle.

Anyone save "Bob's" posts? Repost 'em here. For laughs and old times sake.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: November 29, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »

Bingo. Spot on. Happy all that crap is permanently wiped off this board.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: November 29, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »

Doe getting away with murder here was my fault. He tricked me into thinking I was his "friend " and I stupidly let that color my decision making for too long. I regret that. Him making death threats via pm? I didn't believe they were true until I actually saw them. Never mind the other stuff, that right there was enough.

I laugh at the idea that sweetdudejim made more than 1 account and got away with it. I know of a few here that do it,  but so far the ones that did haven't caused any trouble.  You'd think it would have been flagged (not just by ip,  there are other ways too). But all I know is if I had ever done anything like that, I'd directly as things like "so, why did you make a snide comment about so and so* smoking so much weed, he's almost as developmently disabled as his son?" No beating around the bush, no hinting around. There would be no question it was me.  That's a hypothetical,  of course

*-an actual comment, name not posted for obvious reasons
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:09:02 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 30, 2017, 05:55:38 AM »

Doe doing his job...
http://beachboys.boards.net/thread/1973/beach-playing-hampton-court-festival?page=1&scrollTo=47867

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 30, 2017, 06:21:39 AM »

Hey guys,
Why do you care so much about what happens at PSF? Why don't you just forget about the existence of PSF and enjoy the music?
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 30, 2017, 07:56:43 AM »

Ballsy of Doe to challenge Peter. I wasn't expecting that at all.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 30, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »

Hey guys,
Why do you care so much about what happens at PSF? Why don't you just forget about the existence of PSF and enjoy the music?

Because it’s about the fan community as a whole. Just last month, a fellow fan of this band got called a “halfwit” and “maroon” by someone on the PS forum, an entire thread was made to mock her musical tastes. The person who did all this got preferential treatment and walked away without any repercussion for their actions. This person has a history of, well let’s see: Billy says this same person made a death threat to a fellow member here, we saw he tried to get the IP address of a member here to give to an “interested party”, we saw he made the implication that a member here was Melinda Wilson. He implied that I was lying when I called him out on spreading rumors (which I was right about). Went after Billy with personal attacks. Was banned several times here for going after members. Etc etc. - Its all documented here and you can read it with your own eyes.

Point being, I get tired of seeing this guy get preferential treatment. It’s not fair to the fan community as a whole....especially when members of our fandom are being publicly ridiculed by the guy and he gets away with it.

I hope the PS forum flourishes and that it becomes another place for fans to discuss them music and also factual history about all facets of the band...I really do. But I also hope the leadership there grows a backbone and gets some decency to implement their own rules. Simple moral principles are being overlooked just so the PS forum can keep a few members....and that’s gonna hurt the fandom in the long run.

Again, it’s not about the PS forum, it’s about the fandom as a whole.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:04:01 AM by rab2591 » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 30, 2017, 08:10:02 AM »

AGD's followers are more fans of him than the BBs..... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: November 30, 2017, 08:41:12 AM »

Hey guys,

I actually don't care, really. My issue is with Doe,  mainly.  He is a sh*t stirrer of the highest order. Rab above posted some good stuff, but it goes deeper, much deeper. The man quite frankly is sick in the head.  He's got a 1950s attitude towards women and  probably would be more at home grunting and swinging a club at a sabre toothed tigre. The worst part is, he "befriends" people while betraying the trust of those he previously called "friend". It's what he does.  The public and private personas are completely different. .

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: November 30, 2017, 08:43:54 AM »

Hey guys,

Because there was never a resolution, never an apology from certain people or even an admission that they did anything wrong or were at fault for anything that happened which tore people apart, and above all the fact that blatant lies were told and spread publicly about what did happen which became accepted as the truth and which still persists despite being totally false. That spans across how and why people got banned here to false rumors and claims made directly against people here, including attempts to destroy them.

All the talk about healing and moving on is fine, but the first step in healing is admitting wrongdoings and owning them, and that has still not happened.

And people are still being duped on a daily basis into believing things and believing people who did not tell the truth about the most basic matters.

That's my beef. I also don't like seeing my friends or me personally smeared with lies that have still not been owned and admitted by those telling them.

My 2 cents.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 30, 2017, 08:44:37 AM »

Who the hell is Bob Belcher?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: November 30, 2017, 08:51:05 AM »

Hey guys,

Because it’s about the fan community as a whole. Just last month, a fellow fan of this band got called a “halfwit” and “maroon” by someone on the PS forum, an entire thread was made to mock her musical tastes. The person who did all this got preferential treatment and walked away without any repercussion for their actions. This person has a history of, well let’s see: Billy says this same person made a death threat to a fellow member here, we saw he tried to get the IP address of a member here to give to an “interested party”, we saw he made the implication that a member here was Melinda Wilson. He implied that I was lying when I called him out on spreading rumors (which I was right about). Went after Billy with personal attacks. Was banned several times here for going after members. Etc etc. - Its all documented here and you can read it with your own eyes.

Point being, I get tired of seeing this guy get preferential treatment. It’s not fair to the fan community as a whole....especially when members of our fandom are being publicly ridiculed by the guy and he gets away with it.

I hope the PS forum flourishes and that it becomes another place for fans to discuss them music and also factual history about all facets of the band...I really do. But I also hope the leadership there grows a backbone and gets some decency to implement their own rules. Simple moral principles are being overlooked just so the PS forum can keep a few members....and that’s gonna hurt the fandom in the long run.

Again, it’s not about the PS forum, it’s about the fandom as a whole.

I disagree. If that place had been founded and launched with the intent described above, I'd agree. But when that guy getting the preferential treatment was launching a "campaign" to get like-minded people banded together to start another place to counter this one after his complaints and issues didn't work out as planned and instead there was pushback, and lo and behold it all played out a few months later with the launch of that forum, it's a case of a place being founded on false pretenses and based as much on axes to grind and personal agendas as it was to offer a "safe haven" for people to talk about the band instead of having to deal with all of the "toxic" people here.

Some of that is info that very few know about, and that's the other issue that makes me less than positive or hopeful about any success in the future for a place that was started out of spite and agendas versus a genuine desire to open up a place for fans to talk.

The seeds of that place were being planted here in late 2015, it didn't just pop up out of nowhere in the spring of 2016.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 30, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »

That wasn't me over at PSF. I got booted. And I think it's hilarious that I am occupying space in their heads, rent free!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: November 30, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »

A character off of the show Bob's Burgers,  and apparently a member here

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: November 30, 2017, 09:05:32 AM »

That wasn't me over at PSF. I got booted. And I think it's hilarious that I am occupying space in their heads, rent free!
  You got booted?! What for?!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 30, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »

Also, while I have a moment, I'd like to take issue with the way I was treated as far as a banning and whatnot.

First off, I was at least messaged by the moderators on the board to "tone things down" or "blah blah" or whatever. However, when I would respond with what would usually be a well thought out, paragraph or two reply, usually what I'd get was a one sentence response showing that likely were my words even read, much less taken into consideration.

For instance, I'm nearly positive that I pointed out that my posting style was somewhat a mirror image of Cam Mott's. So what I would do when Cam was trying to push bullshit, was I'd take a single untrue or inappropriate (maybe talking about Brian's mental health) point and explode it, and ask why such a thing was important? Or in another topic, when slamming other member's solo work, and saying Mike's was better than he thought it would be, I asked why he didn't think Mike's was going to be good. And that would apparently upset him.

As far as AGD, I personally never had a problem until, first, he didn't even invite me to the new board after claiming to value my posting (I know, I know...stupid me) and then months later, finding out what he was saying about Melinda.

I am a bit busy at the moment, but I do think all this should be fleshed out. And I also think the moderators at PSF owe me, at the very least, an explanation for my treatment, as I was never ever given any kind of chance to have a back and forth dialogue with them.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 30, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »

A character off of the show Bob's Burgers,  and apparently a member here

I love Bob's Burgers. I know that Bob Belcher. But whoever it is on PSF....well??

You got booted?! What for?!

I think you're being a goof on this Billy, but I got booted for being "argumentative and confrontational" or something like that, which I think is code for "don't try to make people like Cam and AGD actually have to put their money where their mouth is and answer things straight up."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: