-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297851 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #675 on: February 09, 2017, 01:50:54 AM »

get BonnieBella onboard! she's the stuff!
I like her posts there and when she posted here too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 09, 2017, 02:17:37 AM »

---
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:22:41 PM by undercover-m » Logged

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: February 09, 2017, 05:01:50 AM »

As an outsider (not knowing anyone involved in these disputes personally) BOTH forums seem completely batshit crazy to me at the moment.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: February 09, 2017, 06:31:05 AM »

As an outsider (not knowing anyone involved in these disputes personally) BOTH forums seem completely batshit crazy to me at the moment.

Could you provide some of your reasoning or examples behind that statement in terms of this forum being "batshit crazy at the moment"?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: February 09, 2017, 06:34:21 AM »

Also, I'd think this is not the place to be nominating moderators for another forum. If we want to have THAT discussion, say the word and we'll have that discussion the right way and with all pertinent history and facts from what happened here. In this specific case, there is something pertinent that can be mentioned.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2017, 07:45:27 AM »

Well, I did a fast tour there and couldn't help noticing two things. Several posters there seem to be convinced that joining "there" means to be banned "here".
Er... Captain? Cincinnati Kid? KDS? Jay? Bringahorseinhere? Bubbly Waves?
Worse, there I have read, several times, sentences like "people are better here" or even less flattering (for us) variations on that. Really folks? People are "better" on PSF? Do you think life is so easy?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:05:49 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 09, 2017, 08:02:38 AM »

Neither of the two forums seems to me anything like "batshit crazy". They both sound quite tame and reasonable, especially if compared to Internet standards.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:04:26 AM by thorgil » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 09, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »

Well, I did a fast tour there and can't help to notice two things. Several posters there seem to be convinced that joining "there" means to be banned "here".
Er... Captain? Cincinnati Kid? Jay? Bringahorseinhere? Bubbly Waves?
Worse, there I have read, several times, sentences like "people are better here" or even less flattering (for us) variations on that. Really folks? People are "better" on PSF? Do you think life is so easy?

Well they're attempting to build a strong community but sadly their member list is full of banned Smiley members (ones who slandered, harassed people, hell one guy even threatened the family members of the administrator of this forum!) so it's obvious they overcompensate with pats on the back and they have to publicly reassure themselves that "the people are better here" because the facts of reality don't back that up. They have to do this to market the board to new members - otherwise the reality would scare most people off. Guitarfool, Billy, and LePage rid this forum of the filth that was dragging it down - and the other forum opened its arms to what Smiley Smile rightfully threw away.

The honeymoon is nearing it's end there - tensions occur and this fan community is complicated as hell (and this shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone). I'm sure idiotic board politics will come up there thanks to members wanting a Mike Love coddled forum (like what was attempted here)...and it will continue to drag that community into a downward spiral.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 09, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »

Well, I did a fast tour there and can't help to notice two things. Several posters there seem to be convinced that joining "there" means to be banned "here".

Well they're attempting to build a strong community but sadly their member list is full of banned Smiley members (ones who slandered, harassed people, hell one guy even threatened the family members of the administrator of this forum!) so it's obvious they overcompensate with pats on the back and they have to publicly reassure themselves that "the people are better here" because the facts of reality don't back that up. They have to do this to market the board to new members - otherwise the reality would scare most people off. Guitarfool, Billy, and LePage rid this forum of the filth that was dragging it down - and the other forum opened its arms to what Smiley Smile rightfully threw away.

The honeymoon is nearing it's end there - tensions occur and this fan community is complicated as hell (and this shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone). I'm sure idiotic board politics will come up there thanks to members wanting a Mike Love coddled forum (like what was attempted here)...and it will continue to drag that community into a downward spiral.

Coddling myKe luHv has a habit of doing that to message boards and with bands, too. Looks like that place is experiencing columnated ruins domino.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »

Can't help but notice how so many if not all of the issues were blamed on the "mods" here on Smiley Smile, yet those same mods from Smiley Smile have no connection whatsoever to the PS forum. Never registered, never posted, zero connection or involvement.

And now there are issues involving some of the same people who were complaining so loudly about the moderation here, now involved in kicking up the dust on a forum which was supposed to be free of all that bad moderation and bad moderators that were blamed for tanking this forum.

Maybe it is those same people who were kicking up the most dust in both cases causing the issues happening now? Maybe it was that or them all along?

Hmmm.

If the new or current mods of the PS forum haven't done so already, I'd recommend buying a HazMat suit and appropriate protective gear. If even half the garbage that happened here has been going on there, the sh*t gets pretty deep.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2017, 08:38:03 PM »

I know you won't believe me, but there's nothing going on "behind the scenes."

I've lost interest in my moderator role, and I am stepping down for someone else to take over.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:41:27 PM by Bubs » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »

Can't help but notice how so many if not all of the issues were blamed on the "mods" here on Smiley Smile, yet those same mods from Smiley Smile have no connection whatsoever to the PS forum. Never registered, never posted, zero connection or involvement.

And now there are issues involving some of the same people who were complaining so loudly about the moderation here, now involved in kicking up the dust on a forum which was supposed to be free of all that bad moderation and bad moderators that were blamed for tanking this forum.

Maybe it is those same people who were kicking up the most dust in both cases causing the issues happening now? Maybe it was that or them all along?

Hmmm.

If the new or current mods of the PS forum haven't done so already, I'd recommend buying a HazMat suit and appropriate protective gear. If even half the garbage that happened here has been going on there, the sh*t gets pretty deep.

Exactly this.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:28:57 PM by rab2591 » Logged

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: February 10, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »

Third-wave feminism is the most cancerous of social justice movements, and is the most anti-human social movement of the last century. I listen to and read the ideas of third-wave misandrist "feminists" and all I hear are euphemisms - the movement itself is a euphemism. "Equality" is now a euphemism for "special privileges." "Gender pay gap" is a euphemism for "I don't take the chances men take or work the hours men work." "My body, my choice" is now a euphemism for "my body, you pay for my choices." "Strong, independent woman" is now a euphemism for "dependopotamus." "Internalized misogyny" is now a euphemism for "that woman won't confirm my bias."

^ Do you want someone who said this as a moderator?  If so, Jason's your man.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 10, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »

And he just volunteered to be their Mod.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: February 10, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »

Wonder if he'll campaign to ban Andrew like he did here when he was mod. I should've listened!

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: February 11, 2017, 09:38:28 AM »

To borrow a phrase from the 20th Century philosopher Yogi Berra, "it's deja vu all over again". When the "mods" don't sufficiently toe the right lines and look the other way depending on who is acting like an ass and breaking rules, they get blamed rather than those in the cadre of a dozen or so posters actually doing all this crap and with a history of doing it to boot. At some point hopefully the current mods over there, the interim mods over there, or the future mods will start holding a higher standard in terms of members telling the truth and being honest about certain things that happened here and elsewhere instead of allowing members carrying grudges (some dating back a decade or more) to simply invent "facts" out of thin air and post them knowing people who don't know the real history will read and believe...especially considering a lot of the issues being distorted are available and on full display right here in the "sandbox".

SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 12, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »

Well, you nailed it.

I have never been harassed here yet over there they are paranoid about everything. The few decent people over there seem totally helpless as it all crashes in around them.
It takes awhile to fully understand what's going on.  They cannibalize themselves.  CKid is a spy though, he hates you all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:11:19 PM by SteveMC » Logged

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys said of Reynolds: "[He's] just about a god to me. His work is the greatest, and the Freshmen's execution is too much."
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 12, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »

It is quite perplexing that people who were attacked in post, and or, via PM, by Doe and stopped posting here because of him are now active members of the PS Forum.

And that people who were embraced here went there as Mods.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: February 12, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »

It is quite perplexing that people who were attacked in post, and or, via PM, by Doe and stopped posting here because of him are now active members of the PS Forum.

And that people who were embraced here went there as Mods.

+1
More than was ever made public, too...all that.

harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 13, 2017, 03:20:04 AM »

Third-wave feminism is the most cancerous of social justice movements, and is the most anti-human social movement of the last century. I listen to and read the ideas of third-wave misandrist "feminists" and all I hear are euphemisms - the movement itself is a euphemism. "Equality" is now a euphemism for "special privileges." "Gender pay gap" is a euphemism for "I don't take the chances men take or work the hours men work." "My body, my choice" is now a euphemism for "my body, you pay for my choices." "Strong, independent woman" is now a euphemism for "dependopotamus." "Internalized misogyny" is now a euphemism for "that woman won't confirm my bias."

^ Do you want someone who said this as a moderator?  If so, Jason's your man.

Is his surname Miller?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: February 16, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »

No, Couchman.

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 20, 2017, 03:59:11 AM »

Sometimes I get the misguided feeling that we here, and especially the Mods, are too hard on "them".Then I "lurk" there and read this gem:
"Perhaps I'm missing out on the big picture here, but are PM's that big of an issue at PSF?  I know they are over at Smiley, but then that whole place is vile; what would one expect?"

Unchallenged, of course.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 20, 2017, 05:22:56 AM »

Sometimes I get the misguided feeling that we here, and especially the Mods, are too hard on "them".Then I "lurk" there and read this gem:
"Perhaps I'm missing out on the big picture here, but are PM's that big of an issue at PSF?  I know they are over at Smiley, but then that whole place is vile; what would one expect?"

Unchallenged, of course.

Maybe it's unchallenged because a fatuous remark like that only deserves to be ignored.   

I still feel that the only answer is to drop out of the conversation. Just stop. If one side badmouths the other but the other doesn't respond, sooner or later that one side will give up.

Maybe that's naive but in the present situation there's no way one side is going to beat the other into submission. To believe that really would be naive!     

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 20, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »

Unchallenged, of course.

Maybe it's unchallenged because a fatuous remark like that only deserves to be ignored.   

I still feel that the only answer is to drop out of the conversation. Just stop. If one side badmouths the other but the other doesn't respond, sooner or later that one side will give up.

Maybe that's naive but in the present situation there's no way one side is going to beat the other into submission. To believe that really would be naive!     

Honestly I wouldn't care if the PSF existed as a separate forum. I post on other Beach Boys forums and I really don't see it as a pissing match. To me it's not about beating one side. It's about exposing facts that MANY people ignore or deny. Sadly so many over there don't care (or know) they share the board with people who presently act like adults but have a clear history of f***ed up behavior.

I feel like I lost some really good friends because of this situation. I was told to let it go, life goes on, etc. And I really don't buy the excuses I was told as to why certain people were allowed on that forum even though those certain people prove to be abysmally sickening people (through documented evidence).

Again, I don't care that forums exist separately and I think friendly competition between boards can bring out the best in research and dialogue about this great band. But I'll continue to call out that forum as long as they harbor those people. And once they clear that place of people who mock the medical condition of a family member of a poster I will probably join up there. Until then I won't contribute to enforcing people getting away with really shitty behavior and I'll continue to call it out.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 28, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »

So.....A year on. Wasn't it predicted thie SS board would go belly up by now?

At the time of this post, SS 59 viewing, PS 14 viewing.

Happy anniversary anyway PSF
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: