-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297796 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: October 04, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »

I can see that too, but with shoutbox it is in "real time" chat

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 05, 2016, 10:52:02 AM »

More than a clunky feature like the Shoutbox, it might be nice to have a real old-style chat room, "living" in its own window and with space for long conversations. Some years ago I loved chat rooms and made friends there. Is it me or after the advent of "Web 2.0" (bah) and "social media" (bleah) the good old chat rooms aren't much in use?

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 05, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »

I remember around 2001 or 2002, the official Doors website had a chat room. That was a lot of fun.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: October 05, 2016, 11:10:16 AM »

More than a clunky feature like the Shoutbox, it might be nice to have a real old-style chat room, "living" in its own window and with space for long conversations. Some years ago I loved chat rooms and made friends there. Is it me or after the advent of "Web 2.0" (bah) and "social media" (bleah) the good old chat rooms aren't much in use?

Yeah, I've noticed that

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 05, 2016, 07:17:44 PM »

It seems that Dirk is out as a Mod.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: October 05, 2016, 07:30:01 PM »

Saw that...decided not to comment publicly on it at this time. He's not going to be making public swipes at me now, so I'll leave it alone.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: October 05, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »

That said...I saw the thread explaining why, and whichever mod "Rob" is, I owe him a debt of gratitude.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 05, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »

whichever mod "Rob" is
Iir, Swedish Frog's name is Rob.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: October 05, 2016, 08:01:04 PM »

Ahhhh...ok. So  he'a Andersson. Makes sense.

Well, if he's reading this...thank you very much. I mean that.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 06, 2016, 02:22:25 AM »

I've always found Robert Andersson to be most courteous and helpful. The PSF is in good hands. :=) 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: October 06, 2016, 07:43:13 AM »

Agreed...my main issue was with Dirk (and Andrew, but he doesn't  count).  I think now both boards can move on from this ugliness.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 07, 2016, 11:40:53 PM »

Agreed...my main issue was with Dirk (and Andrew, but he doesn't  count).  I think now both boards can move on from this ugliness.

There are 4 mods at PSF. Me, Bubbly Waves, Rob and Dudd.

If anyone of us is gonna start something, it'll be as a satirical swipe and the people who have made the whole community feel so extreme  Grin

And from the beginning weve all been pretty disinterested in discussing this place over there. People are welcome to do it, but I ask the people saying less kind things to just...please stop.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: October 07, 2016, 11:57:35 PM »

I'm glad things have blown over, personally

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 08, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »

Seems to be interesting times over there. Shocked
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 08, 2017, 07:37:43 PM »

Seems to be interesting times over there. Shocked

In what way?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: February 08, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »

Dudders and Bubbly Waves have stepped down

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: February 08, 2017, 07:57:05 PM »

I'm going to say this and try to make it quick...I don't look at that board often, as for me there is no need to. The times I have, it seemed to me someone suggested Jason aka The Real Beach Boy as a replacement mod. That would be a HUGE mistake, and not just because he is intolerant of those who don't share his right-wing views.  He was removed as mod here for a good reason; I used to get along okay with him until I unfriended him on Facebook because I got tired of seeing anti-Semitic posts.

The darkly hilarious part to me is that when he was here, he was ALWAYS trying to get Andrew Doe banned, and I like a schmuck wouldn't listen. Course, now he kisses his ass, so whatever.

That said, I feel bad for those who really are only there to talk about the music. I see some are being dishonest about their banning, but I'm going to leave that alone for now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:00:18 PM by ♩♬☮ Andrew G Love ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 08, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »

looks like dark times ahead, or maybe just a readjustment.  Some key people moving away doesn't show any good signs though.
I don't know what's happening internally, but it's a shame. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: February 08, 2017, 08:06:10 PM »

Yeah. Although there are some people there that I despise, I don't hold any ill will towards the majority of the members there, so I hope whomever is made a replacement is the right choice for them.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 08, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »

Somebody did indeed ask Jason if he was up to the task of moderator. I don't think there has been an answer as of yet.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:29 PM »

That would be the worst mistake they can make. I don't care if it is a "rival board" or not...I'm not saying this as Billy the Mod, I'm saying this as Billy the human being....I hope they don't make that choice. Heck, just a glance at how the board was going when he was mod, with some of the issues that happened, well, that speaks volumes. I let myself wrapped up into it, and I have a hard time forgiving myself for that. It's one of the reasons Rob was let back, because he got screwed over.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:51:50 PM by ♩♬☮ Andrew G Love ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 08, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »

I'm going to say this and try to make it quick...I don't look at that board often, as for me there is no need to. The times I have, it seemed to me someone suggested Jason aka The Real Beach Boy as a replacement mod. That would be a HUGE mistake, and not just because he is intolerant of those who don't share his right-wing views.  He was removed as mod here for a good reason; I used to get along okay with him until I unfriended him on Facebook because I got tired of seeing anti-Semitic posts.

The darkly hilarious part to me is that when he was here, he was ALWAYS trying to get Andrew Doe banned, and I like a schmuck wouldn't listen. Course, now he kisses his ass, so whatever.

That said, I feel bad for those who really are only there to talk about the music. I see some are being dishonest about their banning, but I'm going to leave that alone for now.

That was me. To be fair, I wasn't around during his time as a mod here, but he's always seemed pretty nice to me, even if he gets a bit heated in the political threads.

Besides, I made a similar remark awhile ago, and he said he wasn't interested. In this case, it was just a spur of the moment idea, based on the fact that two mods have just stepped down.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:40:41 PM by You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: February 08, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »

Thanks for your response.  I got to clarify that he himself wasn't making those remarks, but people on his friends list. That said, he not once stood up for me while his buddies would go off on me for having different opinions than them). He did a lot of times make comments here that I didn't agree with but I always used to make excuses for him.  I thought we were still on decent terms until I saw him taking pot shots. Then, a few banned members started logging in again (including one who posted), and they would ONLY log in at the same time he was logged in. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. 

I hope whomever you guys choose, it's the right choice. If I may be as bold to make a suggestion,  go for one of the pole who ONLY posts about the music and doesn't take shots at anyone, even if the person who is taking shots at people shares your views. Someone like bonnie bella, those types of members, they would be better picks than people like Jason or Dirk.

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 08, 2017, 11:29:51 PM »

get BonnieBella onboard! she's the stuff!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 08, 2017, 11:41:47 PM »

I'd do it.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: