-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297823 times)
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »

A quick glance and it looks like about half of the 10 most recently active threads both there and here are Mike-based. And considering the guy's book just came out and he's been doing a ton of press, that seems reasonable.

Id say 5/10 considering there are none specifically about Brian, Dennis, Carl, Al or Bruce is high. Hold on! .....there is one about Stamos  Grin 10 in first 16 at latest count about Mike!!!!!

ps. I'm reading Mike's book at the moment and really enjoying but..and not intended in a smartass way... how does he keep getting his wife pregnant while using a condom? once is unfortunate but twice....some sort of super sperm?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:40:46 PM by My Brother Woody » Logged

GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 17, 2016, 03:48:57 PM »

Well, it is a shitshow over there.  Just goes to show, if someone was banned here, they were for a good reason and it makes no sense to start up another board for them to flock.

http://petsoundsforum.com/thread/742/mike-reunion?page=1

To be fair, the thread over here about the same subject is also pretty heated but this takes the cake.

Yeah...got me with the "Old School Brianista vs Millenials" thing. Wonder that was a shot at me, because I've mentioned how I'm not that much of a fan of the earlier music? Roll Eyes That can be shot down pretty quick..1) I'm not a millennial, I'm a Gen-Xer.  2) Has nothing to do with the Mike Love lyrics...I'm a music giy, not a lyric guy.  3) I *like* the hits, just not much of the album tracks (besides stuff like She Knows Me Too Well).

I postulated the old school vs new school theory and it's got nothing to do with you because I don't know anything about your age, but I've always found it bizarre that younger fans will worship Pet Sounds and Smile but have no time for the older stuff or, even worse, will write it off as the Mike Love stuff. Um..,. Do they not realize that Brian wrote every friggin' note of that music??? I have the same problem with people who dismiss the early Beatles.

I know, you're good. There was comments made elsewhere about "hipsters" and implying that had something to do with not liking it.

For me, stuff like "Don't hurt my little sister" don't do anything for me musically,  and I actually don't care for Brian's vocals on "Don't back Down", just to name two examples.   It isn't until 1966 where I liked 99% of the stuff on the albums

I can see not liking those two examples (although I love them both). I view the period from the first album up through Smile as the "Brian in command"  era, although it's my second favorite period after 67 through the "Surf's Up" album. Then the Blondie/Ricky period, followed by 1976 through 2012 which I call the "Are we actually a functioning real band?" era.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 17, 2016, 04:04:56 PM »

A quick glance and it looks like about half of the 10 most recently active threads both there and here are Mike-based. And considering the guy's book just came out and he's been doing a ton of press, that seems reasonable.

Id say 5/10 considering there are none specifically about Brian, Dennis, Carl, Al or Bruce is high. Hold on! .....there is one about Stamos  Grin 10 in first 16 at latest count about Mike!!!!!

ps. I'm reading Mike's book at the moment and really enjoying but..and not intended in a smartass way... how does he keep getting his wife pregnant while using a condom? once is unfortunate but twice....some sort of super sperm?

The Stamos one was mine.  Grin You're welcome, world!

As for the rest, eh, I don't really care, to be honest. Seems to me that most of the threads are identical: I actually was assuming people were starting the same threads on both boards, as a lot seem to be word for word. They're mostly boring in both places. The main difference between the places seems to me to be who is being bitched about and by whom. Because people are kind of pathetic children.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »

Really hope I don't offend the people who bitch about the people who bitch about certain people with this post Grin

I was perusing the little Pet Sounds forum, and came across this post by filledeplage (actually the whole thread is worth reading for an amusing laugh):

"You need to take an oath of fealty to avoid seeing the touring band."

Not true. One look at Stephen Desper's detailed and informative review of the touring band show and one can easily deduce that, regardless of who you like in the band, the touring show is probably not worth going to. When the chief engineer and mixer for Sunflower says "If I had bought my tickets (they were comp from Bruce) I would have demanded a refund." I take that as a pretty solid reason to avoid seeing the touring band...no "oath of fealty" required lol.

"They don't tolerate anything positive about Mike"

How many of us loved the Record Collector interview with Mike (I think it was Record Collector)? Where Mike went into details about his childhood/upbringing and why he has made the decisions he has made? I don't think there was one complaint about the first installment of that interview because Mike opened up and, for seemingly once, wasn't passive aggressively talking about the Wilson's drug use or how "controlled" Brian is. We not only tolerated it but we wanted more of it! But nah, just last month Mike was back to talking about Brian's current prescription drug regimen and how he has been controlled since the Landy era.

As for the PM situation being "shocking and voyeuristic" LOL soooo Andrew inquires about a poster's IP address to get a general location of a poster because he's been asked by an interested party to find the home address of this person, but to view the PM where Andrew asks for that IP address is "shocking" part? Andrew talks about a poster possibly vanishing and it may or may not be due to the fact he knows where that person lives...Yet it's "shocking" that those PMs were released to the public? Shocked okay then.....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:46:44 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 20, 2016, 09:00:36 AM »

I still can't wrap my mind around such a behaviour. Amazing.

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 20, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »

Really hope I don't offend the people who bitch about the people who bitch about certain people with this post Grin

I was perusing the little Pet Sounds forum, and came across this post by filledeplage (actually the whole thread is worth reading for an amusing laugh):

"You need to take an oath of fealty to avoid seeing the touring band."

Not true. One look at Stephen Desper's detailed and informative review of the touring band show and one can easily deduce that, regardless of who you like in the band, the touring show is probably not worth going to. When the chief engineer and mixer for Sunflower says "If I had bought my tickets (they were comp from Bruce) I would have demanded a refund." I take that as a pretty solid reason to avoid seeing the touring band...no "oath of fealty" required lol.

"They don't tolerate anything positive about Mike"

How many of us loved the Record Collector interview with Mike (I think it was Record Collector)? Where Mike went into details about his childhood/upbringing and why he has made the decisions he has made? I don't think there was one complaint about the first installment of that interview because Mike opened up and, for seemingly once, wasn't passive aggressively talking about the Wilson's drug use or how "controlled" Brian is. We not only tolerated it but we wanted more of it! But nah, just last month Mike was back to talking about Brian's current prescription drug regimen and how he has been controlled since the Landy era.

As for the PM situation being "shocking and voyeuristic" LOL soooo Andrew inquires about a poster's IP address to get a general location of a poster because he's been asked by an interested party to find the home address of this person, but to view the PM where Andrew asks for that IP address is "shocking" part? Andrew talks about a poster possibly vanishing and it may or may not be due to the fact he knows where that person lives...Yet it's "shocking" that those PMs were released to the public? Shocked okay then.....

Is what she says about her banning true?  Was there no warning, no right of reply?  If so, that was pretty poor.  The referring to her as Chewbacca and 'gloating' over the ban imposed seems to be the kind of thing that would not have happened here a few years ago.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: September 20, 2016, 03:21:20 PM »

The "Chewbacca" thing was in reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense  As for why she was banned, well, read the post history and the responses in the threads, the back and forth. I have indeed talked to her about it previously and it went unheeded.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: September 20, 2016, 03:24:39 PM »

As far as the 7 day period (as mentioned in the board rules)....I need to set that up manually so she can read the board, just not post. I thought I already had...wondered why she's been quiet Roll Eyes

edited-

Fixed now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:28:42 PM by ♩♬ Dr. Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: September 20, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »

On a different note...either me or Craig has been accused of trolling Stephen Desper. I'd like to know exactly what that's referring to...it is certainly news to me!

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 20, 2016, 05:51:41 PM »

On a different note...either me or Craig has been accused of trolling Stephen Desper. I'd like to know exactly what that's referring to...it is certainly news to me!

Pretty much any allegation or statement directed towards this site or the people on it is something that is news to us all. Penal colony board.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 20, 2016, 05:54:56 PM »

Agreed, there is much nastiness lurking in the PM system there from AGD's crew of lowlifes.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 20, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »

In the interest of fairness (not to mention maybe some kind of hope for a positive showing as a destination franchise for free agents)

Message for everyone: can we pleeeeease not make this about who hates whom and who's still mad about whatever from wherever else? A lot of people piss me off (because I'm unapologetically a drunken, cantankerous f***). Several, I'd rather never see post anywhere again. But that's just life. And if there's one thing that is worse than seeing those people post, it's seeing people argue about the fact that they post, or posted, or will post, and how so-and-so was wronged while such-and-such was said and blah blah fucking kill me.

I don't want to have to find another stupid fucking message board to avoid the grade school sh*t.

and

how about grow up and move on with your lives?

Just my two cents.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: September 20, 2016, 06:06:56 PM »

True, but at some point one of us is gonna have to be the bigger man/woman and end it.

Probably should be us, IMHO. I think the ones who are taking shots at us will do so regardless, no matter what we do. I'd rather not stain our board any more than it already has been.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 20, 2016, 06:22:19 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: September 20, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »

In the interest of fairness (not to mention maybe some kind of hope for a positive showing as a destination franchise for free agents)

Message for everyone: can we pleeeeease not make this about who hates whom and who's still mad about whatever from wherever else? A lot of people piss me off (because I'm unapologetically a drunken, cantankerous f***). Several, I'd rather never see post anywhere again. But that's just life. And if there's one thing that is worse than seeing those people post, it's seeing people argue about the fact that they post, or posted, or will post, and how so-and-so was wronged while such-and-such was said and blah blah fucking kill me.

I don't want to have to find another stupid fucking message board to avoid the grade school sh*t.

and

how about grow up and move on with your lives?

Just my two cents.

I was literally in process of suggesting the same thing til I got the stupind 'connection error' message! LOL   great minds think alike

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: September 20, 2016, 06:25:41 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames.  

Agreed...I'm going to lock this tomorrow if Craig agrees unless there's more to be said.  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:42:46 PM by ♩♬ Breadpool ♯♫♩ » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 20, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames.  

Agreed...I'm going to lock this tomorrow if Craig agrees unless there's more to be said.  

Sorry but as long as the penal colony continues to make false allegations about this site I think we have a right to correct the record.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: September 20, 2016, 07:27:42 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames. 

Sorry but as long as the penal colony continues to make false allegations about this site I think we have a right to correct the record.

I can understand that too.

Ok, in that case...whatever needs to be said, let's lay it all out there. And those who are members there taking swipes at us ..and are still members here...quit lurking and lay it all out too.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: September 20, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »

It's a two-way street. I'm getting reports almost daily that people on the other board are taking shots at me, at Billy, and at this board in general. I don't have a membership there and never posted there - never will. Billy doesn't have a membership there, he doesn't post there. When word comes in that we're being bashed over there, it's usually the same group of disgruntled banned members who have an axe to grind here. Consider the sources. Some are openly exposed as liars. Consider the sources. Cinc Kid, look at what Billy posted recently about sources and gossip. Is that enough to cast at least some doubt on the word of some of the most vocal members bashing us? Impeccable sources my ass, to be blunt about it.

Now we can add a new term to the lexicon. We had "disgruntled band members", now add "disgruntled banned members". If people do go there to talk music, part of me does feel bad for them because there is a group of the same dozen or so disgruntled banned members now camped out there who can't stop throwing insults and lies.

If you believe what they're saying, that's your call man. But consider the sources and the history. History that goes back over a decade in a few cases.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: September 20, 2016, 08:04:09 PM »

Pretty much any allegation or statement directed towards this site or the people on it is something that is news to us all. Penal colony board.

I'll address this. So it looks like a board member on the PS forum is saying that I, or Billy, was trolling Stephen Desper.

That member is "brucesshorts". Let's review the history there.

Is this the same "brucesshorts" who had a membership here? Is it the poster formerly known as "Pinder Goes To Kokomo"?

When Pinder Goes To Kokomo was a member here, it reached a point where multiple complaints were coming in to the mods about him, his posts, and the way he posted. There were warnings given out, etc. Public and private, although other mods did it privately so I can't speak to those specifically. At one point, "Pinder" made a post about comparing people here saying this or that to suicide bombers. That's over the line, it was addressed and he was banned. Agreed by the mods.

The ban was not a lifetime ban. It was left open, after he had received bans in the past.

Then this poster named "brucesshorts" showed up on this board. Reminded people enough of the old Pinder posts that they reported him to the mods. The mods looked into it after Klaas, when he was still a mod, raised the issue to us. We looked into it, agreed it sounded like the old Pinder. The registration logs were checked out, sure enough there were matches. Klaas, myself, and Billy agreed it would be a lifetime ban.

It is simply not allowed to create an alias account to try evading a ban. That's made crystal clear in the rules. So, there were lies, attempts at deceit in order to evade a ban, and a general "f*** you" message sent to this community in general when lies are told like that to try getting around a ban.

Is this the same "brucesshorts" throwing insults at me, at Billy, and at this board in general? See for yourself. If it is, just consider the source. Someone who has lied and tried to deceive members here to evade a ban in the past, if it's the same person on another forum, do you put stock in what he's saying? Do you back up his accusations because of his good word and honesty? Judge for yourself.

Those are the facts.

If he's posting bullshit about Billy or I "trolling" Stephen Desper on this or any other board, go right to either of our post histories and find examples. Or consider saving the trouble and time, and consider who is making the accusations, and who is one of the most vocal critics of this forum on the other board. If that's who you choose to be around and choose to believe over the facts, then that's your choice to make.

Liars lie, period.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »

It's a two-way street. I'm getting reports almost daily that people on the other board are taking shots at me, at Billy, and at this board in general. I don't have a membership there and never posted there - never will. Billy doesn't have a membership there, he doesn't post there. When word comes in that we're being bashed over there, it's usually the same group of disgruntled banned members who have an axe to grind here. Consider the sources. Some are openly exposed as liars. Consider the sources. Cinc Kid, look at what Billy posted recently about sources and gossip. Is that enough to cast at least some doubt on the word of some of the most vocal members bashing us? Impeccable sources my ass, to be blunt about it.

Now we can add a new term to the lexicon. We had "disgruntled band members", now add "disgruntled banned members". If people do go there to talk music, part of me does feel bad for them because there is a group of the same dozen or so disgruntled banned members now camped out there who can't stop throwing insults and lies.

If you believe what they're saying, that's your call man. But consider the sources and the history. History that goes back over a decade in a few cases.

Checked out some of those posts...I see where Chris "Bgas" Woods keeps taking swipes at me. I don't get that...we used to be on what i thought were good terms. He started saying things here about you and I, and it kept going on and on and on...and yeah, I finally had enough. I'm not surprised he has continued after I banned him...I just don't understand what set him off in the first place, especially since I used to stick up for him when he and Mikie got into it.

For those who still are members here but take swipes at us over there...again, this is your chance to lay it out. After this, it needs to end. Just have the guts to say what you mean, and not just lurk here for the sole purpose of having "ammunition" to use over there. I've always felt if you don't like it here, leave; don't hang around and lurk , or (worse yet) act like everything is all good yet talk mess behind our backs.

Maybe it's good to get this last little bit off our chests..so we can finally move on.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:59:26 PM by ♩♬ Breadpool ♯♫♩ » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: September 20, 2016, 08:58:36 PM »

It is simply not allowed to create an alias account to try evading a ban

And before anybody brings up Rob..his ban was put in by someone who is no longer a mod here and was rescinded.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 20, 2016, 09:00:43 PM »

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.  I don't get why some people here are so hung up on what those banned members say.   When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops , just for the purpose of trolling, that doesn't help things either.  As for why someone might post over there, it's not a black and white issue of choosing sides because one believes someone's story over someone else.  I couldn't care less, really.  It's just a more relaxing place to talk about my favorite band, for me anyway.  There are about 200 others members I can converse with aside from the banned people and a couple others that are being harped on over here.  
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: September 20, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »

When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops

I honestly don't know who that is. I saw the post, and...yeah. I was honestly curious myself as to who that was. That whole "Brian as idiot savant" thing was idiotic.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:03:45 PM by ♩♬ Breadpool ♯♫♩ » Logged

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 20, 2016, 09:08:13 PM »

When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops

I honestly don't know who that is. I saw the post, and...yeah. I was honestly curious myself as to who that was. That whole "Brian as idiot savant" thing was idiotic.

I think I know who it is, but looking at this person's posts over here, it was a very out of character comment for sure. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: