-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297923 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »

Such pure bullshit from someone who wasn't there. Jesus Christ, man, get off this GF and I were/are drinking buddies crapola and I'm somehow *favored*.

Sorry OSD, but it was Craig who dredged it back up, not I. Turn your venom on him.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mr Big
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2016, 06:04:19 PM »

(didn't know how to delete this comment so just edited it)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:57:51 PM by Mr Big » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »

I've just been browsing that forum out of curiosity and have seen some very suspicious characters that seem quite racist...

Not surprising. as the people you are referring to were the same way here, if we're thinking of the same folks.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:10:19 PM by sockittome » Logged
Mr Big
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 08, 2016, 06:15:00 AM »

I've just been browsing that forum out of curiosity and have seen some very suspicious characters that seem quite racist...

Nice try, Mr. Big, but the only suspicious character I've seen over there is somebody with your screen name introducing "herself" and actually sounding polite and genuine.

You're not going to try to play one board against the other, I hope... Angry
Yeah, I'm won't trying to play boards against each other, so many people on this thread had their opinions on the thread- I just happened to make a comment on what I saw, perhaps prematurely, but (because I discovered that forum on here). My comment unintentionally implied that many on that board were racist etc and that's not the case. Most are seemingly nice.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 08, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:11:54 PM by sockittome » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: July 08, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »

Not trying to speak for him, but I took it as people who were banned from *here* for things like that are registered over *there*.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 08, 2016, 10:35:43 PM »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:12:49 PM by sockittome » Logged
Mr Big
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 12, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »

As I said I'm really not trying to stir sh*t up, there was a political discussion and obviously everyone is going to have different opinions - I just saw something that was triggering and reminded me of things I heard from racists I knew before. I'm not a him or it, just a girl who chose a silly username (sex and the city character).  To be honest I regret making the first comment - that forum is generally quite friendly and nice and I shouldn't of said something like that. Associate/interact with forum members as you wish - don't let my comment effect you: As I said I'm not a sh*t stirrer, I enjoy the forum, and wrongly/presumptuously made a comment. Apologies if I caused offence or annoyance to anyone, I'm going to delete that comment.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2016, 04:31:43 AM »

[Deleted, to avoid further misunderstanding. And a lesson learnt.]   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:57:13 PM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »

I'm sure it's nice place generally, but don't you think it'd be nice if newbies just said "Hello, my name is... I've been BBs fan since... My brother (sister, parents) passed me their collection... I really appreciated it. Flash fwd, I'm at school (college, university). My tastes changed & I forgot the BBs... ...Then I went to my 1st BBs concert & got to meet backstage & chat for a bit with [name of the BB/Brian Wilson band member]. My favorite song is... Favorite album... Look forward to talking with other BBs fans Smiley"? They might say that at Smiley they were so-and-so, if they changed their username/avatar at PS. No bitterness to speak of, just usual friendly introduction.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 15, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »

I'm sure it's nice place generally, but don't you think it'd be nice if newbies just said "Hello, my name is... I've been BBs fan since... My brother (sister, parents) passed me their collection... I really appreciated it. Flash fwd, I'm at school (college, university). My tastes changed & I forgot the BBs... ...Then I went to my 1st BBs concert & got to meet backstage & chat for a bit with [name of the BB/Brian Wilson band member]. My favorite song is... Favorite album... Look forward to talking with other BBs fans Smiley"? They might say that at Smiley they were so-and-so, if they changed their username/avatar at PS. No bitterness to speak of, just usual friendly introduction.

Yes indeed. I rather think a topic title like "Why are you here?", although presumably well-meant, encourages some (but by no means all!) newcomers to slip in something negative.

As for me, I used to look in regularly at PSF but I find I'm spending less and less time browsing it (I believe that's called "moving on")...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 15, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

Yes indeed. I rather think a topic title like "Why are you here?", although presumably well-meant, encourages some (but by no means all!) newcomers to slip in something negative.

I would say tbe way that thread title was phrased was deliberately calculated to generate negative answers about Smiley.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 16, 2016, 05:13:54 AM »

Actually the title is very specifically asked of and directed to those who did NOT "migrate" from Smiley.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 16, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:06:41 AM by sockittome » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 16, 2016, 08:27:54 AM »

I think the thread title is simply a thread title, simple as that.  Had there been any negative intent behind it there would have been more to it.

Some posters are going to perceive it as an axe-grinding opportunity, and I guess that's just how some people are. I really don't believe that behavior is being encouraged over there.
Including you? Actually, everybody is right - who said the title is calculated & those who said it's posters.The OP knew some people were there from Smiley & would say sth., anything about it. But he isn't responsible for their say, they could've either shut up about Smiley or move on & get busy at new forum. Simple as that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:29:16 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 16, 2016, 08:41:41 AM »

Looks like the gloves are off "over yonder". It has begun. Didn't take long.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: July 16, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »

What thread?

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 16, 2016, 09:13:13 PM »

What thread?

WAYH?

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 17, 2016, 12:34:50 AM »

Meh.  Just the same old "waaaaahhhhhh, Smiley suxxx cos we can't say solo bryyyyyunnnn suxxxx" crap.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: July 17, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »

Did they really imply that we were sticking up for Rocky Pamplin? Hell, I'm the one who banned him!

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 17, 2016, 05:26:34 AM »

Did they really imply that we were sticking up for Rocky Pamplin? Hell, I'm the one who banned him!
No, they did not.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 05:27:17 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 17, 2016, 10:43:29 AM »

Looks to me like the two boards are well on the way to peacefully co-existing together.

I remember when I and others left the Capitol Board there was an element of grumbling for a while but it didn't last long. All a matter of time.

Actually, I have a topic devoted to PSF alongside one for Smiley at "my" other board where I occasionally share news or link interesting threads...     

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2016, 01:25:41 PM »

No, they did not.

Joethomasisgod did.

I've been banned on Smiley Smile stating my dissatisfaction with No Pier Pressure, joking that Landy was better for Brian's career than Joe Thomas (musically, I stand by this) and insulting their best friend, the evil Rocky Pamplin.  Needless to say, their moderators are something of an intellectual sub-species.

Intellectual sub species? This guy can go f*** off and die. I wish I knew who it was, so I could point out exactly why he was banned, though.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2016, 01:31:02 PM »

I swear it's that banned asshole Paul TMA. http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?action=profile;u=1869

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: