-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297973 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »

Show me where it happened. I got eye-rolling emojis after Doe was banned and challenges after asking who pays the bills, while months of lies and complete crap directed at me personally went by without comment or went unchecked. I just go with what showed up on the board. And what I see is one-sided, selective criticism. Where were the calls to "let it die" when people were lying since last year?

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die and "lock it down"? It doesn't work that way.
Just going through post history (and not bringing up pms, facebook messages, emails, phone conversations, or anything else not visible here) ? Soon as I'm discharged and can use my laptop rather than this lame phone I'll definitely go through all of it.
Might be better though if he explains what he meant rather than me.

Ill do just that, right now. Just give me a minute to refresh my mind and get context on said post. Just try to lay back and take it easy, Billy.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 28, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »

Show me where it happened. I got eye-rolling emojis after Doe was banned and challenges after asking who pays the bills, while months of lies and complete crap directed at me personally went by without comment or went unchecked. I just go with what showed up on the board. And what I see is one-sided, selective criticism. Where were the calls to "let it die" when people were lying since last year?

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die and "lock it down"? It doesn't work that way.
Just going through post history (and not bringing up pms, facebook messages, emails, phone conversations, or anything else not visible here) ? Soon as I'm discharged and can use my laptop rather than this lame phone I'll definitely go through all of it.
Might be better though if he explains what he meant rather than me.

Ill do just that, right now. Just give me a minute to refresh my mind and get context on said post. Just try to lay back and take it easy, Billy.
First of all, I somehow messed up the quotes. Sorry about that. Alright, I just re-read my post. My post about guitarfool was a rather sarcastic "thinking out loud" type of post, in reference to the fact that it's no secret that guitarfool and Andrew don't like each other. To be totally honest, my thought at the time was "we've lost a great information resource, while guitarfool is probably happier than a pig in sh*t". As I said, the post was sarcastic and cynical, but not meant to be deliberately hurtful. I guess at the time I was particularly upset and angry that Andrew would never be a part of this board again. But in retrospect, it was unnecessary, and I can see how it could be taken as hurtful. I didn't think things through before I posted, and I apologize. I'm sorry, Craig.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:41:03 AM by Ognir Rrats » Logged

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2016, 11:41:30 AM »

I agree, those questions should never have been asked. You could/should have taken it up with the people asking that stuff originally and helped end it all long before this. You chose otherwise.

Have to play devils advocate,  but how do you know he didn't?

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die

Because the questions you are asking are, frankly, none of your Damn business.What does or doesn't happen on a board which you are no part of is none of your concern, plain and simple. Whatever lies and misinformation goes on there is on the heads of the so called liers. Once it leaves this board, it is not your crusade nor mine, or billy's, or any other board member.

Just curious.  You seem to have the same spelling and grammatical skills as the certain person who supposedly started another board.  Are you the same person, or did you just quit school at the same age?  Seriously, there is spell-check.  

Now, to address the funding of that other board:  I think the term "follow the money" applies in pretty much everything that happens in the Western world.  A certain editor gets a tour book gig and he suddenly becomes anti-Brian.  That would be one example.  So who happens to be funding this thing?  I thinks it's a legitimate question, given the history.  
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »

I agree, those questions should never have been asked. You could/should have taken it up with the people asking that stuff originally and helped end it all long before this. You chose otherwise.

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die

Because the questions you are asking are, frankly, none of your Damn business.What does or doesn't happen on a board which you are no part of is none of your concern, plain and simple. Whatever lies and misinformation goes on there is on the heads of the so called liers. Once it leaves this board, it is not your crusade nor mine, or billy's, or any other board member.

Just curious.  You seem to have the same spelling and grammatical skills as the certain person who supposedly started another board.  Are you the same person, or did you just quit school at the same age?  Seriously, there is spell-check.  

Now, to address the funding of that other board:  I think the term "follow the money" applies in pretty much everything that happens in the Western world.  A certain editor gets a tour book gig and he suddenly becomes anti-Brian.  That would be one example.  So who happens to be funding this thing?  I thinks it's a legitimate question, given the history.  
I happen to be using a kindle at the moment, and the autocorrect is getting in the way. My apologies if the spelling and grammar are a little off. Have a nice day.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2016, 12:03:11 PM »

Craig, you are making some pretty strong accusations.  What is your proof that this is being hidden and that one of these services were used, for whatever reason, to hide it?

The equivalent of picking up the phone book. If you work or have worked with setting up and registering/buying domain names in the recent past, you know the process.

So could you show the actual "phone book" "listing" that is your proof, for those of us who don't know the process?

Put this into your search engine:  ICANN WHOIS

That's the phone book.

I'm not too saave on this but you may have a red herring here.  I looked up my own work website for my work

mottsigns.com

which I set up and pay for (my only experience with it) and it returns the same info for my look up, that company and mail address and phone numbers etc.. I did not choose to hide or pay to hide any of my info.  I want my info out there, I put it on my website in fact.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:11:15 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »

I happen to be using a kindle at the moment, and the autocorrect is getting in the way. My apologies if the spelling and grammar are a little off. Have a nice day.

Apology accepted.  I have the same problem on my phone.  

So you're not the same person?  That was the actual question, even if I happened to be a bit unpleasant about it.  

Now about my second point.  Why is asking for information about  the funding of this new site not an issue if you're wanting to know it's purpose and intent?  I suppose it could be a number of things that would make people leave here and go there (aside from a large part of the small core group who were banned from here for various reasons).  The sad part of this is that we can probably never know what was taking place behind the scenes (in pm's) here, but I'm pretty certain Mr. LePage didn't want any illegal - or potentially illegal - activity. Beyond that, I don't know.

As far as the other site, I don't go there, I'm not characterizing it, I'm just questioning exactly what the motivation is for it, beyond a spot for banned posters.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »

Have to play devils advocate,  but how do you know he didn't?

Agreed with the second part (strongly agree, in fact) but have to respectfully disagree with the first. Jay is not drbeachboy, and considering I know him personally  (and is my band's co-manager) I would be the first to know if he was him, but he's not.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:17:54 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2016, 12:16:53 PM »

Or am I funding the PSF !?!?!  (draws cape across face and disappears in a puff of smoke as pipe organ wails)

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »

Yeah jay is a great guy! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2016, 12:46:03 PM »

Thanks, guys.  laugh I guess I have my moments. To answer the question, no, I've not run or had any part of running a website or forum. Except for the forthcoming Fear2Stop website, due to be "live" by the year 2525.  Razz

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »

Except for the forthcoming Fear2Stop website, due to be "live" by the year 2525. 

Yup....two days after Beach Boys Central LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »

Except for the forthcoming Fear2Stop website, due to be "live" by the year 2525. 

And on the same day as the release of the beach boys "Manson tapes".  Evil

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »

Which is doubly depressing considering the physical medium died sometime around the year 2351, at least the next-to-last time I time-traveled. (the very last time would interest nobody...too many damn Morlocks LOL)

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2016, 01:36:10 PM »

Which is doubly depressing considering the physical medium died sometime around the year 2351, at least the next-to-last time I time-traveled. (the very last time would interest nobody...too many damn Morlocks LOL)
I remember it well. The year the great King Saen invented internal music chips that went into the nose and directly to the brain.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2016, 02:40:53 PM »

I remember it well. The year the great King Saen invented internal music chips that went into the nose and directly to the brain.

Mmm...chips...I'll take sour cream and onion,  please

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »

I read that as "your" and got scared for a minute.  Shocked

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: June 28, 2016, 03:53:25 PM »

LOL

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2016, 06:23:58 PM »

Have to play devils advocate,  but how do you know he didn't?

Agreed with the second part (strongly agree, in fact) but have to respectfully disagree with the first. Jay is not drbeachboy, and considering I know him personally  (and is my band's co-manager) I would be the first to know if he was him, but he's not.

I'm glad to know that it was a computer glitch that suddenly made this person seem to have the same spelling and grammar issues as Dr. BB.  Thanks.  The auto-correct on my new phone is driving me nuts, as well.

I was just wondering, given the tone of the posts, as well.  That's why I asked.

I also think it's safe to say that no one thinks that Cam is funding the new site.  Cam sells signs in KS.  That's pretty clear.  I suppose the new site might just be a group of disgruntled banned posters from BW and SS suddenly starting their own thing, but given past patterns, I doubt it.  I remain curious who's paying for everything at the new site, still.  I don't expect an honest answer - ever.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »

I also think it's safe to say that no one thinks that Cam is funding the new site.  Cam sells signs in KS.  That's pretty clear.  I suppose the new site might just be a group of disgruntled banned posters from BW and SS suddenly starting their own thing, but given past patterns, I doubt it.  I remain curious who's paying for everything at the new site, still.  I don't expect an honest answer - ever.

Expecting an honest answer is usually a fool's errand in these situations, with some of these people. If I got 5 pennies in exchange for a nickel from a few notables, I'd count the pennies twice to make sure there were five. If the lies of the past are any indication.

What made me curious was this: Why hide the registrant and ownership/admin info on this domain? If all of this boils down to "it's just a freakin' message board", then what's the big secret? I can understand corporate and political interests doing it, I can understand those who broker and speculate domain names for profit doing it, but why a Beach Boys message board that peaks out at around 150-200 unique users and members? Every one of the boards I've known or have been involved with over the past decade and more have had admins and owners known by everyone. Susan's board, Junkstar's board, Charles' board, Jon and John's board, etc...

So why hide the registration?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »

I suppose the new site might just be a group of disgruntled banned posters from BW and SS suddenly starting their own thing, but given past patterns, I doubt it.  I remain curious who's paying for everything at the new site, still.  I don't expect an honest answer - ever.

I don't expect one either, but more to the point, even if we do, we have no way of knowing if it's true or not. I mean, how do you prove or disprove?   That's why I personally am ready to move on from this. Both Craig and I have spoken the truth as we see it, and at this point what else can be done?  Besides, I personally would rather discuss things like Brian's current tour, things that actually matter. If I had to choose between my hero's music and a bunch of disgruntled people I'll never meet or speak to in person,  well, I know which side I'd fall on.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »

Expecting an honest answer is usually a fool's errand in these situations, with some of these people. If I got 5 pennies in exchange for a nickel from a few notables, I'd count the pennies twice to make sure there were five. If the lies of the past are any indication.

What made me curious was this: Why hide the registrant and ownership/admin info on this domain? If all of this boils down to "it's just a freakin' message board", then what's the big secret? I can understand corporate and political interests doing it, I can understand those who broker and speculate domain names for profit doing it, but why a Beach Boys message board that peaks out at around 150-200 unique users and members? Every one of the boards I've known or have been involved with over the past decade and more have had admins and owners known by everyone. Susan's board, Junkstar's board, Charles' board, Jon and John's board, etc...

Boggles my mind too, but I don't think we'll ever know the whole story. I'd be amazed if we did, but even if we did we might not even believe it then considering past issues. So I'm bowing out of this going forward unless I see a resumption of half truths and/or attacks. Until then, I think I've said all I can say.

ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »

Anti-Brian??

Like this?

http://www.examiner.com/list/brian-wilson-is-a-living-legend
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »

Also Debbie, buy the program, and review the contents before stating something so uninformed and erroneous. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:57:50 PM by ESQ Editor » Logged
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »

This type of attack is why I'm not here anymore.  What makes it worse is the comment discredits all the members of The Beach Boys.  The idea of me being anti-Brian is lunacy.  That's like saying I don't like music.  

I was hired to produce the 2015 and 2016 programs because the group trusts me to do a great job visually, and create an accurate balance to the group's past within the pages of each program.  I can say those tasks have been accomplished.  Ask anyone who has last year's program, or purchases 2016's.      

Here are links that represent three consecutive editions of ESQ:

FALL 2015
http://esquarterly.com/buy-ESQ.html#fall2015

WINTER 2015
http://esquarterly.com/buy-ESQ.html#winter2015

SPRING 2016 *NOTE <— interview with Brian and Melinda
http://esquarterly.com/buy-ESQ.html#spring2016

For the record (and they ALL already know this because I've told them), I love each member of The Beach Boys for what they've musically given the world.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:04:29 PM by ESQ Editor » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »

First, you've been told who paid for the registrations. Second, my own registration shows that registrations can be private in this same way without one actively trying to hide it regardless of your personal experience.  Thirdly, the moderators and admins and owners are known and are identified on the board and in this thread. The only secret is why this campaign of accusations and insinuations continues in spite of all of this information.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: