-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297888 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »

How is it hiding it if you publicly announce it?

Ask whoever paid the extra fees.

You're going to have to explain "extra fees" Craig, for the benefit of the rest of us.
Before he explains, there is no hidden or extra fees. When additional storage or whatever is needed in the future it will be handled at that time.

The fees have nothing to do with storage, data usage or transfer, available bandwidth, or anything in that realm. You're not answering the question.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »

You know Craig, if you did absolutely nothing wrong in your moderating duties, your posts in here sure sound like a different story. It sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself, along with the membership. You seem threatened by our existence. None of us want you to feel threatened. Be happy that you now have this board exactly how you want it. All the undesirables are gone and out of your sight. We did you a favor. Now, you don't have worry about posts that you disagree with or people sneaking in here anymore. Rejoice and be happy. You now have the place that you envisioned when you took on your duties.

I know, you will respond with "Bullshit". Oh, well.

I'll reply with the truth, since you are unwilling to accept it. You are full of sh*t.

Despite being told over and over the truth about how the board is run, including from Billy and Charles, you continue to push your bullshit in order to justify whatever it is you've been trying to do going back to that first PM you sent me last year. The problem is, you're just not that good at doing what you've been trying to do. And neither is B.W.

If what you wrote above, and what I'm replying to now, is your version of the truth or what you want people to believe...that's f***ed up, man. You simply cannot deal with the truth if it contradicts your beliefs or your plans.

The undesirables have a history of being banned from this and multiple other forums going back years, well before I was a moderator. So, Doc, once again you're talking out of your ass.

Who pays the bills, and why pay to hide it.
The history of those folks are here, not there. Ever hear of a new lease on life, well now they have it. Let it go.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »

Craig, have you been receiving PMs over the past three weeks or is the PM system broken?

Is it? I'll ask Billy and Charles if there are issues.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »

You know Craig, if you did absolutely nothing wrong in your moderating duties, your posts in here sure sound like a different story. It sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself, along with the membership. You seem threatened by our existence. None of us want you to feel threatened. Be happy that you now have this board exactly how you want it. All the undesirables are gone and out of your sight. We did you a favor. Now, you don't have worry about posts that you disagree with or people sneaking in here anymore. Rejoice and be happy. You now have the place that you envisioned when you took on your duties.

I'll reply with the truth, since you are unwilling to accept it. You are full of sh*t.

Despite being told over and over the truth about how the board is run, including from Billy and Charles, you continue to push your bullshit in order to justify whatever it is you've been trying to do going back to that first PM you sent me last year. The problem is, you're just not that good at doing what you've been trying to do. And neither is B.W.

If what you wrote above, and what I'm replying to now, is your version of the truth or what you want people to believe...that's f***ed up, man. You simply cannot deal with the truth if it contradicts your beliefs or your plans.

The undesirables have a history of being banned from this and multiple other forums going back years, well before I was a moderator. So, Doc, once again you're talking out of your ass.

The history of those folks are here, not there. Ever hear of a new lease on life, well now they have it. Let it go.

Not until the truth comes out, Doc. At least so people have a fair shot at knowing the truth instead of your f***ed up version of whatever it is you're calling the truth. Because your version is bullshit.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »

You're going to have to explain "extra fees" Craig, for the benefit of the rest of us.
Before he explains, there is no hidden or extra fees. When additional storage or whatever is needed in the future it will be handled at that time.

The fees have nothing to do with storage, data usage or transfer, available bandwidth, or anything in that realm. You're not answering the question.
There was no up front fees, period. swedishfrog  and I paid for the domain name. As of June 19, 2016 at 4:32pm edt, that is all I was charged for.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »

Not until the truth comes out, Doc. At least so people have a fair shot at knowing the truth instead of your f***ed up version of whatever it is you're calling the truth. Because your version is bullshit.
You need to read your posts. You sound a bit wacky. Paranoid at worst. Take a breath and relax.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »

There was no up front fees, period. swedishfrog  and I paid for the domain name. As of June 19, 2016 at 4:32pm edt, that is all I was charged for.

Doc, there are options that can be selected and paid extra for versus the defaults when setting up and registering a domain with a host service or company, beyond whatever costs might come in the future for bandwidth, ad-free services, and related issues. I'll let you fill in the details for everyone. If it is as you portray it, let everyone know so they're not hearing it from a third party.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »

You need to read your posts. You sound a bit wacky. Paranoid at worst. Take a breath and relax.

I know exactly what I wrote and stand behind it, and unlike your posts and stories, it's accurate. Nice attempt at spin and deflection, Doc. It already failed when B.W. tried it earlier. Tell the truth. And stop lying out your ass as you have been doing.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

Duck and dodge?

No, just genuine concern.

I refuse to indulge in your delusional fantasies any longer.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:14 PM »

Duck and dodge?

No, just genuine concern.

I refuse to indulge in your delusional fantasies any longer.

You and Doc both on this same trip, "paranoid", "delusional", etc...Nope. I'm just fine, although it is in the mid 90's and very hot/humid today.

The only genuine concern I have seen from you was when you raised holy hell after a certain poster was banned and wouldn't let the issue go.

And I might take some of that concern and put it back into the forum you apparently helped start, and instead of bailing out and quitting on them as a mod, maybe put some effort into that instead of quitting before the ink is dry.

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2016, 02:03:08 PM »

Wow.

You're right Adam, post modified.

I don't think either one of you (including GF) took the "wow" meaning as intended, but perhaps that's just as well (one of the advantages of vagueposting). 

Since it was coming from a place of sheer bewilderment and amazement, maybe appropriately so.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2016, 02:03:23 PM »

Just want to add my opinion on something in general, what doesn't make sense is to have a board with many active and open discussions on everything from the Boston show to general music and all manner of topics in between, yet instead of coming to this forum to talk music, there are comments going here instead. If the comments are going to be posted, I'll answer them. And if the comments are not based in fact, I'll challenge them. But for all the talk about talking music, and with some really cool things happening just this weekend with Pet Sounds, instead the comments started pouring in to this topic instead. So they will be addressed. It's not delusional to think there is just a bit of a contradiction in the whole thing.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2016, 02:04:16 PM »

There was no up front fees, period. swedishfrog  and I paid for the domain name. As of June 19, 2016 at 4:32pm edt, that is all I was charged for.

Doc, there are options that can be selected and paid extra for versus the defaults when setting up and registering a domain with a host service or company, beyond whatever costs might come in the future for bandwidth, ad-free services, and related issues. I'll let you fill in the details for everyone. If it is as you portray it, let everyone know so they're not hearing it from a third party.

Bloomin' heck… I'm angry at myself for revisiting this thread and posting anything at all.  G'night…

“We live in divisive times.”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »

Wow.

I don't think either one of you (including GF) took the "wow" meaning as intended, but perhaps that's just as well (one of the advantages of vagueposting). 

Since it was coming from a place of sheer bewilderment and amazement, maybe appropriately so.

I thought we were talking about the wow and flutter of analog tape!  LOL

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »

Wow.

I figure that Craig is so interested in my costs because he wants to pay for next year's fees. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »

Craig, have you been receiving PMs over the past three weeks or is the PM system broken?

Is it? I'll ask Billy and Charles if there are issues.

So have you received PMs directly or by Bcc from me in the past 3 weeks? I would ask by PM (and have) but...

What is this truth you know if you don't believe what is being said?  That post you refer to at BBB seems to just be speculative about what the fees could be or might be, not a claim of what the fees paid for PSF actually were.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »

Why don't the Mods just lock up this thread? There is a new Board - good for them. Life goes on.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »

As for the fees. what answer would you like to hear?
Tab Lloyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2016, 11:39:29 PM »

Agree that it's time to move on. Nothing to be gained by grinding this issue into the ground. Let's return to the music.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2016, 12:06:16 AM »

The music discussions never stopped. It's too bad more people don't engage in them rather than coming here for this stuff, or in Doc BB's case, coming here to lie even more. One thing that won't happen is a lie being allowed to stand as the truth, or a thread being locked to sweep things under the carpet. Dr Beach Boy refuses to accept the truth as told to him multiple times, and continues to make false statements. So no, his bullshit about moderation here and all the other crap won't be allowed to stand and it will be challenged. Better here than having it show up in other discussions. See, people aren't banned for mentioning things like that here, despite what a lot of people were led to believe by several proven bullshitters.

Cam asked about sending PM's...I did get those. Do you expect me to act alone and either make a decision or comment, or wait for Billy and Charles to weigh in as well? I'd rather follow the procedure and wait for when Billy and Charles have a chance to discuss it. Did you send it to them too?

Smilin Ed H, how about the truth, across the board, top to bottom? As in the actual answers to the questions rather than a handful of answers ducking and dodging instead of just answering it straight up.

Is there an old adage that goes "if you have nothing to hide, you have no reason to hide anything" , or something like that?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »

There was no up front fees, period. swedishfrog  and I paid for the domain name. As of June 19, 2016 at 4:32pm edt, that is all I was charged for.

It turned into this, and unless there was a special freebie deal going the day it was registered, the normal fees and charges put on anyone who registers a domain through popular hosting companies would say this isn't accurate if certain options are chosen. Usually a third-party service's options have to be selected and approved, and are not defaulted into a package deal.

Does it matter? In the grand scheme, probably not. But why duck and dodge over such a damned simple question and issue? Maybe one party didn't know what the other party had done, but why not clarify it first instead of ducking and denying?

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2016, 01:16:58 AM »

But don't you see, you're the one who keeps bringing this up? The only one, in fact. Nobody else seems worried. For whose benefit is all this?
zachrwolfe
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2016, 02:07:29 AM »

Craig, you've always been very nice to me and I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past, so this is in no way personal, but don't you think this all might be a bit much? There doesn't seem to be any evidence of anything shady going on (other than perhaps the SS member Shady, who has been rather suspiciously absent from this discussion); it's just a couple of people deciding to create a new message board. It is completely free to host a basic board on ProBoards. I looked into it (and created zachrwolfe.freeboards.net, feel free to join guys Tongue), seems there are two paid additions that jump out at me as being something Dirk and Rob probably opted to get: you can add a custom domain name for $13.99, and you can get 50 000 ad free views for $8.00. Domain names typically go for between $10 and $20 per year from a registrar. Dirk likely lumped the cost of the domain name registration and DNS together, reasonably jiving with the ballpark given upthread. The ad removal could have been covered by Rob alone unbeknownst to drBB, or I think I remember there being some sort of crowd-funding feature where users of ProBoards forums can donate in order to keep their boards ad-free. Nothing being hidden at all, by my estimation. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:10:48 AM by zachrwolfe » Logged
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:48 AM »

It turned into this, and unless there was a special freebie deal going the day it was registered, the normal fees and charges put on anyone who registers a domain through popular hosting companies would say this isn't accurate if certain options are chosen. Usually a third-party service's options have to be selected and approved, and are not defaulted into a package deal.

Does it matter? In the grand scheme, probably not. But why duck and dodge over such a damned simple question and issue? Maybe one party didn't know what the other party had done, but why not clarify it first instead of ducking and denying?

Speaking of ducking and dodging and denying, Bubbly & Dirk have answered your incessant questions about the origin of the board and who is footing the bills.

Unless you want to detail here the "truth" you seem to have up your sleeve, enough of calling people bullshitters and liars about the how the page got off the ground.  Your comments & name calling are far from classy, and until you elaborate on your comments, baseless.

Suggest you focus on your strengths and get back to talking about the music, Craig - this thread was relatively quiet for a few days until you started sh*t stirring again.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2016, 04:52:32 AM »

Cam asked about sending PM's...I did get those. Do you expect me to act alone and either make a decision or comment, or wait for Billy and Charles to weigh in as well? I'd rather follow the procedure and wait for when Billy and Charles have a chance to discuss it. Did you send it to them too?

You could have just straightforwardly answered yes to the original question in the thread and done the rest by PM.

I did not send it to Charles because the current procedure as posted is to first send it to you and Billie, which I have done, and you should be able to confirm that by my posts in your inbox I assume. In light of past problems with notification and Bccing, I expect acknowledgment of receipt from all those required in the procedure (not just half), especially when specifically requested. Now that we all know the system is working I trust those who need to will finally weigh in and the procedure will be followed eventually as best it can be to the Mods' abilities.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:02:01 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: