-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 299953 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »

And since this got put in the "oops" thread, I'll post it here for Doc to read as well in case he missed it. Definitely on topic, and sums up where I stand.

Craig, please, ease up before your blood pressure gets the better of you.

I was honoured to receive an early invite to the board shortly after it was foundered. I checked it out, liked what I saw, and invited a few folk I regard as friends and others I'd had pleasant dealings with here and elsewhere. I'd've invited plenty more if I'd had the time but I have a job, two young kids and four new copies of Pet Sounds to listen to, so time is limited.

I've no investment there, no vested interest. I'm not an admin or a mod, nor am I paying for hosting or a thing. I just like it there.

Debbie I'm really sorry you weren't one of those who received an invite from anyone but, as has been stated, it's a very open place and everyone seems to be made welcome.

Craig, have you considered joining? Without the burden of moderation, you might find it a chilled experience. I'm enjoying posting there without having to consider whether my posts will bring out a tirade of ridicule or abuse, or whether I might be added to a watch list.

Gotta go, the Mrs has chores for me.

Why would I post there, John, or want to be a part of it? The fact remains that lies and malicious comments were spread here on Smiley to who knows how many people via PM about Brian's wife, kids, and marriage, along with disgusting comments about other board members. And now these people are being welcomed and embraced at this new forum?

I was also lied about and blamed for things I simply did not do, and guys like your new admin have simply refused to admit the truth is actually the truth after being told how things happened by the actual people involved repeatedly for months. Some of those also welcomed back were part of a fucking campaign to discredit me and bash me that went across several boards and social media, and ultimately the plot failed. And it will continue to fail because they're liars. So much for the campaign to have a free election for mods here, after one of those involved (also welcomed back) didn't use spell-check.

Now do you seriously think after being involved in all of this for over a decade with assorted boards and forums that I watched implode that I don't have an inkling at what's going on here?

If there were a bit of honesty involved in how it all suddenly came to be that a new board appeared after Lee Dempsey quit in a huff once he heard Andrew Doe was banned, after Steve Mayo and/or Forrest Gump started posting about deleting posts only to find it was all coming from the same place, after another regular poster registered as a fake name and account and basically lied to my face...

Then suddenly a new board shows up, where Andrew Doe was taking a role in promoting it and inviting people to it, both privately and publicly, where you and Alan Smith were doing the same things after being two of the most vocal critics against me and who were advocating for my removal or replacement, and after we now have Lee's partner in ESQ David Beard going on a radio interview and promoting both Andrew Doe and this new board as the go-to place for Beach boys information...after finding out what was found out with this PM campaign or whatever you want to call it to bash Melinda Wilson and anyone else who Andrew had issues with...

It's sick stuff, man. That's all I can say.

If you expect people to conveniently whitewash the history and forget about all that has gone down, and say "We have a new board which is *the* source for Beach Boys news and information", and among the contributors and most prominent members and posters are people who have been caught lying and gossiping about everything from people's marriages and personal lives to who they actually are versus setting up alias accounts on numerous fan forums, then they have to either go along with the whitewash and hit the "reset" button and suddenly believe all of this is clean, or ask how and why all of this suddenly came together after Andrew's ban on this forum and yet another failed attempt to remove what certain elements tried to blame as the reason why this board was "ruined".

If honesty has been the order of the day, that's fine. But these things do not just happen randomly. How about a little honesty that runs as deep as the whole thing actually runs versus trying to put a facade on everything to make it more palatable?

The go-to place for Beach Boys information? Hardly.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:33 PM »

So again, Doc, just be honest and tell the truth about what's behind your new board, if it really is your board.

I hate to break up this tinfoil hat party, but I thought I would provide some facts to counteract the wild, baseless speculation that has run rampant on this topic. I know I've said my goodbyes, but enough is enough. The catalyst for the new board that you seem to believe is AGD or Mike Love or something along those lines? Yeah, well, that catalyst was me. It was me. Me. And I will be as frank as possible so there can be no alternate interpretations of this statement (we'll see how that goes), I am neither individual, nor am I influenced by either individual. During a moment in time near AGD's ban, I created a group chat of sorts for various members of Smiley Smile. AGD and Mike Love never received invitations to this group. I thought it would be nice to have a place where a bunch of members could reconnect outside of the board, and everyone seemed pleased to be a part of it. Of course, we all being past and present members of this board, conversation naturally touched upon the subject of Smiley Smile more than once, and it mainly consisted of dissatisfaction. I believe someone contacted Lee Dempsey about the new board he briefly spoke of, but when we asked we were told it was something he had not even begun to look into. We began talking amongst ourselves about creating our own forum, which is when drbeachboy stepped forward and took the reigns. I told the group about a small, tangential board Swedish Frog had once created for a group of friends, and drbeachboy and SF got in touch and quickly created what you now know as the Pet Sounds forum.

That's the entire story.

Let's answer a few other questions while we're at it:

1. "Why were members inviting people rather than the staff?"
The staff were inviting people. I sent a small number of them, and if anyone wishes to step forward and confirm this, then do so. To use your burger joint analogy, Guitarfool, have you ever heard of "word of mouth?" When people like what a burger joint has to offer, they tell their friends. People have made friendships on this board, and naturally they would like to continue those friendships, even if it's outside the context of Smiley Smile. And so, many members of the new forum invited others to join the new forum. Shocking stuff, right?

2. "Why did AGD promote PS on his Facebook?"
I have no clue. No one asked him to. That guy's, like, on every Beach Boys board. We all found out he shared the Pet Sounds forum because this very topic was created in the sandbox. I grimaced when I learned the new board had been made public, and I'm sure more than a few others did as well--not because we're hiding something, but because we wanted to avoid the very thing that is now happening in this thread. But, hey, it mostly turned out fine for us: a lot of people joined because he shared the link to our website. Thanks, Mr. Doe. And, yes, he was invited, and so were multiple other Beach Boy-related people. Even Ed Roach joined our new board.

3. "Why are banned people coming back that's gross"
They were banned from this website--not from the internet. If they want to earn themselves a ban at the new forum, they are more than welcome to. As has been an important point to establish, Smiley Smile business is not Pet Sounds business. This is why people were banned early on. The message needed to be made clear that the things that happened here were not to be carried over onto the new board. That goes for everyone. If all of OSD's posts hadn't been created to attack drbeachboy, he might not even have been banned yet. Same general principle goes for Andy Botwin. And neither are banned anymore. So come on back, OSD. Prove us wrong. Or just be a jerk and get banned again. It's up to you, man.

4. "Why did David Beard promote the new board?"
Well, probably because David Beard has not had the warmest reception here. And that's putting it mildly. I'm sure if he wanted to promote a site for bickering and insane conspiracy theories, this would be on top of his list. Way to go, you guys. As it stands, the Pet Sounds forum is focused on Beach boys news and info, so his words were more than sensible.

5. "Why did no one invite me?"
I have a long list of names I wanted to invite (as do others), but I never got around to talking to them all. That's my fault. The bottom line is this: you don't need to be invited to join the new board. Everyone is welcome, and you yourself (through your actions) will decide how long you'll stay.

But, yeah, I know. Look at me, being all realistic and stuff. I'm sure I'll basically be called a liar, and it will turn out that I'm a secret agent sent from Russia to lull you into a deep sleep so I can harvest your bodies for the fountain of youth that will keep Mike Love young. There's no dark story here, guys. You've just heard the whole thing. Whether or not you're going to choose to believe the truth when it is so brazenly put in front of your face, I can't control that. I was hoping that this could be put behind us when the new board was created, and we could go our separate ways. Y'know, maybe we could exchange a stunted salutation like we're neighbors who fight over plants reaching into each others yards. Please.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:03:36 AM by B.W. » Logged
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 15, 2016, 12:09:45 AM »

In my recent interview I mentioned the Pet Sounds Forum, but the promotion was for Andrew Doe's Bellagio site, which is located via the sign post nailed to the palm tree on ESQ's landing page. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: June 15, 2016, 12:11:41 AM »

Why did AGD promote PS on his Facebook?"
I have no clue. No one asked him to. That guy's, like, on every Beach Boys board. We found out he shared the Pet Sounds forum when this very topic was created in the sandbox. I grimaced when I learned the new board had been made public, and I'm sure more than a few others did as well--not because we're hiding something, but because we wanted to avoid the very thing that is now happening in this thread. But, hey, it mostly turned out fine for us: a lot of people joined because he shared the link to our board.

Then why was he PM'ing members about the forum before he was banned? Which I personally don't have an issue with (internet is big enough for more than one board, after all), but it doesn't jibe with what you just said. That said, you might not have known, or it may be a different forum.

They were banned from this website--not from the internet. If they want to earn themselves a ban at the new forum, they are more than welcome to

The issue for me isn't banned people posting over there....it's not my board, I have no jurisdiction nor do I pretend to . My issue lies with people who were banned from here coming back  *here* and posting under a different name after registering there. Mike's Beard/China Pig isn't the only one by far, but was the only one with the guts to fess up when confronted...as much as I was hurt and angered by that slam.  

Well, probably because David Beard has not had the warmest reception here. And that's putting it mildly. I'm sure if he wanted to promote a site for bickering and insane conspiracy theories, this would be on top of his list. Way to go, you guys. As it stands, the Pet Sounds forum is focused on Beach boys news and info, so his words were more than sensible.

Every time we try to redirect it on Beach Boys news and info, it gets sidetracked. So rather than contribute to it, make the board a better place  by making the board a better place . (No, I'm not saying this to you, I'm speaking generally). A lot of it is bickering about the bickering, which leads to more bickering....gah....I'm personally over it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2016, 12:20:48 AM »

Then why was he PM'ing members about the forum before he was banned? Which I personally don't have an issue with (internet is big enough for more than one board, after all), but it doesn't jibe with what you just said. That said, you might not have known, or it may be a different forum.

The new board didn't exist before Andrew was banned. Simple as that. Even the group chat didn't exist before Andrew was banned. Whatever he was talking about, it wasn't the Pet Sounds forum. Of course, I haven't read these PMs, so it is not possible for me to give you a more nuanced answer than that. I told Doc about the forum Andersson had once created on the 27th of May. Drbeachboy first spoke to Andersson about the board on the 27th of May. Swedish Frog, using proboards resources, set to work and managed to open the board on the 28th of May. The entire, two-month conversation (that concerns more than the creation of the new board) still exists, and it provides ample evidence of these claims.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:21:55 AM by B.W. » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2016, 12:26:37 AM »

The new board didn't exist before Andrew was banned. Simple as that. Even the group chat didn't exist before Andrew was banned. Whatever he was talking about, it wasn't the Pet Sounds forum. Of course, I haven't read these PMs, so it is not possible for me to give you a more nuanced answer than that. I told Doc about the forum Andersson had once created on the 27th of May. Drbeachboy first spoke to Andersson about the board on the 27th of May. Swedish Frog, using proboards resources, set to work and managed to open the board on the 28th of May. The entire, two-month conversation (that concerns more than the creation of the new board) still exists, and it provides ample evidence of these claims.

Ok..that makes sense. Probably was just a what if type thing

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2016, 02:48:59 AM »

I'm a secret agent sent from Russia to lull you into a deep sleep so I can harvest your bodies for the fountain of youth that will keep Mike Love young.

LOL LOL LOL

A much-needed dose of levity. I hope Mr. Waves does something with this obvious talent of his.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2016, 06:12:58 AM »

So again, Doc, just be honest and tell the truth about what's behind your new board, if it really is your board.

I hate to break up this tinfoil hat party, but I thought I would provide some facts to counteract the wild, baseless speculation that has run rampant on this topic. I know I've said my goodbyes, but enough is enough. The catalyst for the new board that you seem to believe is AGD or Mike Love or something along those lines? Yeah, well, that catalyst was me. It was me. Me. And I will be as frank as possible so there can be no alternate interpretations of this statement (we'll see how that goes), I am neither individual, nor am I influenced by either individual. During a moment in time near AGD's ban, I created a group chat of sorts for various members of Smiley Smile. AGD and Mike Love never received invitations to this group. I thought it would be nice to have a place where a bunch of members could reconnect outside of the board, and everyone seemed pleased to be a part of it. Of course, we all being past and present members of this board, conversation naturally touched upon the subject of Smiley Smile more than once, and it mainly consisted of dissatisfaction. I believe someone contacted Lee Dempsey about the new board he briefly spoke of, but when we asked we were told it was something he had not even begun to look into. We began talking amongst ourselves about creating our own forum, which is when drbeachboy stepped forward and took the reigns. I told the group about a small, tangential board Swedish Frog had once created for a group of friends, and drbeachboy and SF got in touch and quickly created what you now know as the Pet Sounds forum.

That's the entire story.

Let's answer a few other questions while we're at it:

The staff were inviting people. I sent a small number of them, and if anyone wishes to step forward and confirm this, then do so. To use your burger joint analogy, Guitarfool, have you ever heard of "word of mouth?" When people like what a burger joint has to offer, they tell their friends. People have made friendships on this board, and naturally they would like to continue those friendships, even if it's outside the context of Smiley Smile. And so, many members of the new forum invited others to join the new forum. Shocking stuff, right?

2. "Why did AGD promote PS on his Facebook?"
I have no clue. No one asked him to. That guy's, like, on every Beach Boys board. We all found out he shared the Pet Sounds forum because this very topic was created in the sandbox. I grimaced when I learned the new board had been made public, and I'm sure more than a few others did as well--not because we're hiding something, but because we wanted to avoid the very thing that is now happening in this thread. But, hey, it mostly turned out fine for us: a lot of people joined because he shared the link to our website. Thanks, Mr. Doe. And, yes, he was invited, and so were multiple other Beach Boy-related people. Even Ed Roach joined our new board.

They were banned from this website--not from the internet. If they want to earn themselves a ban at the new forum, they are more than welcome to. As has been an important point to establish, Smiley Smile business is not Pet Sounds business. This is why people were banned early on. The message needed to be made clear that the things that happened here were not to be carried over onto the new board. That goes for everyone. If all of OSD's posts hadn't been created to attack drbeachboy, he might not even have been banned yet. Same general principle goes for Andy Botwin. And neither are banned anymore. So come on back, OSD. Prove us wrong. Or just be a jerk and get banned again. It's up to you, man.

5. "Why did no one invite me?"
I have a long list of names I wanted to invite (as do others), but I never got around to talking to them all. That's my fault. The bottom line is this: you don't need to be invited to join the new board. Everyone is welcome, and you yourself (through your actions) will decide how long you'll stay.

But, yeah, I know. Look at me, being all realistic and stuff. I'm sure I'll basically be called a liar, and it will turn out that I'm a secret agent sent from Russia to lull you into a deep sleep so I can harvest your bodies for the fountain of youth that will keep Mike Love young. There's no dark story here, guys. You've just heard the whole thing. Whether or not you're going to choose to believe the truth when it is so brazenly put in front of your face, I can't control that. I was hoping that this could be put behind us when the new board was created, and we could go our separate ways. Y'know, maybe we could exchange a stunted salutation like we're neighbors who fight over plants reaching into each others yards. Please.

Fuckin Hell...GF is gonna have to write a full length novel to answer each part of this one  Grin  Just kidding, I love you all  group hug

LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2016, 06:48:16 AM »

I believe someone contacted Lee Dempsey about the new board he briefly spoke of, but when we asked we were told it was something he had not even begun to look into.

Bubbly's statement is 100% accurate.  That is the total extent of my -- and ESQ's -- participation in the origins of the PS board.

Nor am I personally, or ESQ as an entity, involved in the financing of the board.  (Comment added 6/19/16.)

And yes, I logged into this board just to say that.

Lee
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:55:20 AM by LeeDempsey » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »

Thank you for the replies. No book-length dissertations - yet - simply because I don't have the time right now. But I will address and reply to some of the points made in the various replies when I can. I appreciate the replies and will address them in kind. Some of the points I raised were not what was answered or addressed/defended, so I will follow up.

Just a question out of curiosity: Who is paying the bills for the new board?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2016, 07:54:17 AM »

Stamos
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2016, 07:58:10 AM »

Stamos

LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2016, 08:01:50 AM »

Stamos

I doubt it. As far as band-related activities, he's probably been busy practicing and perfecting his drum parts on Getcha Back for any upcoming appearances.  Smiley

So who is paying the bills for the new board?

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2016, 08:05:23 AM »

I'd just to point out, regarding this particular point, that the lack of a warm reception was, in my view, due entirely to a small group of some pretty inflammatory "articles" penned by Mr. Beard.

My recollection is that Mr. Beard and ESQ over the years have been pretty warmly received on the board. ESQ may be seen by some as sometimes a bit too light and fluffy, lacking the more hard news and straight shooting opinions of something like "Beatlefan", but that light and fluffy nature also meant there was rarely anything in it that had the possibility of being inflammatory. As even detractors have pointed out in the past, we'd certainly rather have ESQ than not.

But there was a short string of articles penned by him and published online last year that hugely disappointed and troubled many longtime fans. That these sorts of articles were written not by some casual fan internet troll but by the editor of the only active Beach Boys fanzine was what was particularly troubling.

Some readers of those articles took Mr. Beard to task for those articles, and rightly so. In a functional sense, I can understand why he no longer felt this place, or at least some posters, received him warmly. But in my view, his own articles (at least one of which was pulled, edited, etc.) were what stoked those flames. They stoked the flames of discord among fans, and I'd argue stoked the flames of discord *within* the band.

You can't e-mail Mike Love, ask him about Brian's new single, and then just let Mike go on a multi-paragraph diatribe and then just publish the transcript, and then not be questioned about lack of follow-up questions and not be questioned about the motives and circumstances of such a piece.

You can't write an article suggesting that only "on occasion" does Brian join in with his band and sing, and bluntly and ham-handedly pose and answer the rhetorical question of "Is he brain damaged? Yes." and not expect criticism.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2016, 08:18:59 AM »

Stamos

I doubt it. As far as band-related activities, he's probably been busy practicing and perfecting his drum parts on Getcha Back for any upcoming appearances.  Smiley

It looks like it's free to host a forum on ProBoards.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2016, 08:45:02 AM »

Stamos

Personalized domain names and related fees for registrations and hosting/bandwidth use related to those domains are not free. Someone has to pay the bills.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »

Stamos

Personalized domain names and related fees for registrations and hosting/bandwidth use related to those domains are not free. Someone has to pay the bills.

You're correct, my mistake.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2016, 09:10:50 AM »

I'd just to point out, regarding this particular point, that the lack of a warm reception was, in my view, due entirely to a small group of some pretty inflammatory "articles" penned by Mr. Beard.

My recollection is that Mr. Beard and ESQ over the years have been pretty warmly received on the board. ESQ may be seen by some as sometimes a bit too light and fluffy, lacking the more hard news and straight shooting opinions of something like "Beatlefan", but that light and fluffy nature also meant there was rarely anything in it that had the possibility of being inflammatory. As even detractors have pointed out in the past, we'd certainly rather have ESQ than not.

But there was a short string of articles penned by him and published online last year that hugely disappointed and troubled many longtime fans. That these sorts of articles were written not by some casual fan internet troll but by the editor of the only active Beach Boys fanzine was what was particularly troubling.

Some readers of those articles took Mr. Beard to task for those articles, and rightly so. In a functional sense, I can understand why he no longer felt this place, or at least some posters, received him warmly. But in my view, his own articles (at least one of which was pulled, edited, etc.) were what stoked those flames. They stoked the flames of discord among fans, and I'd argue stoked the flames of discord *within* the band.

You can't e-mail Mike Love, ask him about Brian's new single, and then just let Mike go on a multi-paragraph diatribe and then just publish the transcript, and then not be questioned about lack of follow-up questions and not be questioned about the motives and circumstances of such a piece.

You can't write an article suggesting that only "on occasion" does Brian join in with his band and sing, and bluntly and ham-handedly pose and answer the rhetorical question of "Is he brain damaged? Yes." and not expect criticism.

David has years of experience so I doubt he was bothered by people expressing their opinions, I'm guessing it was more the personal and insulting way it was expressed by many.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:37:36 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2016, 09:50:09 AM »

I'll confirm this. I was 'invited' by a few people, 3 of whom are/were 'officially' involved in the board (mod, admin, tech). I didn't really consider it a formal invitation, like to a party. I never thought that if you don't receive one, you can't go. Nor did I think that they had to come from specific hosts. My impression was that it was just people at the new board for whatever reason saying 'hey there's a new board. Check it out sometime." As B.W. says.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »

I'll confirm this. I was 'invited' by a few people, 3 of whom are/were 'officially' involved in the board (mod, admin, tech). I didn't really consider it a formal invitation, like to a party. I never thought that if you don't receive one, you can't go. Nor did I think that they had to come from specific hosts. My impression was that it was just people at the new board for whatever reason saying 'hey there's a new board. Check it out sometime." As B.W. says.

Same here. I had one PM'ed invite from someone I greatly respect and another from an equally respected person expressing regret that I'd thought about it and decided to decline----both of them graciously worded. One was a member, the other was a host. That's all there was to it...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2016, 07:46:12 PM »

Some typical agdster disparaging comments directed to this site are now available on that waste of time BBB board.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »

Some typical agdster disparaging comments directed to this site are now available on that waste of time BBB board.

I started to read it, then I had to stop (already having issues with my blood pressure again, last thing I need is to get angry) once I saw the posts by beachballtwo basically acting like I don't even exist

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »

Thank God, no one is disparaging him from over here.   Wink

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2016, 10:05:16 PM »

Thank God, no one is disparaging him from over here.   Wink

He's getting off easy here for sure.  Cool Guy

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2016, 02:03:31 AM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.

That would be history repeating itself.  And, in the end, that is a good thing.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: