-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:17:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297829 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2016, 05:45:31 PM »

What did someone over there call some of us over here "liars", "racists", "sexists" and/or "bullies"?  That would be despicable right?

There's good and bad people over there, just like over here.

Agreed. I might have said well-intentioned and misguided and neither should be throwing rocks from their glass houses.

Here's the thing...some people *have* been banned for bullying, racist and/or sexist comments. That is a fact . Nobody has been banned for lying, although we have had issues with a few people being less than truthful, yes.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »

What did someone over there call some of us over here "liars", "racists", "sexists" and/or "bullies"?  That would be despicable right?
Is it despicable to use those descriptors in cases that the usage would be accurate?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »

Is it despicable to use those descriptors in cases that the usage would be accurate?

Nope, that would be true.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2016, 06:52:47 PM »

If it is said as a general statement about a group, yes.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »

If it is said as a general statement about a group, yes.
I get your point and probably agree with it because I'm assuming you don't mean groups defined by those qualities like, say, the KKK.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2016, 07:00:50 PM »

Again, I will take their pleas for peace seriously if every single post in their "why are you here" thread wasn't a passive agressive shot at Smiley and certain Smiley posters and mods.
Rob, are you saying that they don't really feel the way they feel? That all 27 posters (so far), who mostly post at both places are lying about their feelings? Everyone has their reasons for either staying put here, leaving and coming to PSF or posting on both boards. Whether you think they are passive-aggressive shots or not, I think everyone has been quite polite with their wordings. Not counting the banned members from here, most who decided to leave here did not do so with warm & fuzzy feelings. You can't expect them to lie on PSF about that do you? And no one has gone overboard expressing those feelings either. As you can see over there, we do try to keep the peace and be civil with each other, but we also do not promote censorship. Folks have their say and move on to what they are actually there to do, to talk about The Beach Boys.

Bullshit.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2016, 07:07:04 PM »

Again, I will take their pleas for peace seriously if every single post in their "why are you here" thread wasn't a passive agressive shot at Smiley and certain Smiley posters and mods.
Rob, are you saying that they don't really feel the way they feel? That all 27 posters (so far), who mostly post at both places are lying about their feelings? Everyone has their reasons for either staying put here, leaving and coming to PSF or posting on both boards. Whether you think they are passive-aggressive shots or not, I think everyone has been quite polite with their wordings. Not counting the banned members from here, most who decided to leave here did not do so with warm & fuzzy feelings. You can't expect them to lie on PSF about that do you? And no one has gone overboard expressing those feelings either. As you can see over there, we do try to keep the peace and be civil with each other, but we also do not promote censorship. Folks have their say and move on to what they are actually there to do, to talk about The Beach Boys.

Bullshit.
You need to grow up, little man. I think that time is now. With all of the stuff that is said on this board, you can never, ever speak to me regarding disparaging remarks in a forum. Bullshit right back at cha, little man!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2016, 07:12:19 PM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.

That's the crux of it, yes. As far as posters. There is more to it that no one wants to be honest about.

Examples of that drama? Here:

I've been told by someone that several insiders now stay away from this board because they consider GF to be a bad mod.

I've been told by someone that several insiders now stay away from this board because they consider GF to be a bad mod.

I've been told things about several insiders too. We should compare notes.

Are these insiders moderating a BB's msg board?

No, doing other things insiders do.

What I would like to bring up is something a few of us mod types were kicking around in conversation, just loose talk and idle chatter like workers grabbing a soda and snack in the break room during a long shift.

Some things came up in those chats like which of the newer registered members could be "Mike's Beard", who had been banned in late December and then bragged on the Hoffman board prior to it being locked down how he managed to evade the ban, re-register on this forum under a new account and alias, and use IP masking tools in order to get back in under the ban.

It was kicked around, just casual conversation, no big deal.

You wouldn't happen to have any opinions on that, would you Mike's Beard... oops, I meant opinions on Mike's Beard, would you? Sorry for the slip of the tongue.

Just asking. Grin
#1- I'm not whoever this mike's beard guy is.
#2 - Whatever you may or may not know about insiders has nothing to do with the word that you have driven some of them away from this board.

I misspell a word and this makes me someone else??
Maybe you should post that in the conspiracies thread.
This has gone beyond the bizarre.

Once last word before I bid you all farewell.
Craig, you are the most overbearing, blowhard, bellend I have ever come across.
Debbie, Brian dumped your saggy ass decades ago- move on.
Rab, NPP is still a big steaming pile of dogshit.
Billy, have fun in your sheltered accomodation, loser.

See you all under my next alias
MB.

If people want to be around that kind of garbage, you know where to find it. Welcome this crap back with open arms?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »

Jedi Duel
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »

Bullshit.
You need to grow up, little man. I think that time is now. With all of the stuff that is said on this board, you can never, ever speak to me regarding disparaging remarks in a forum. Bullshit right back at cha, little man!

I can and will speak to you, and in this case I'm calling you a bullshitter who can't hear the truth when spelled out multiple times, and who won't be honest enough to come clean and tell everyone what's really going on and who is involved.

I think you need to fess up, Doc. Stop lying to everyone.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »

You two may make the final decision together, but you will never convince me that when threads start to breakdown, that Craig isn't influencing the action in that particular thread.

Then you *really* don't know the first thing about me, if you think I'm that easily influenced. If that were true, you'd have been gone a long time ago. Just an fyi.
To be honest Billy, I don't know a thing about you! Like you, I converse behind a computer and we really know nothing else about each other.  I should have left along with the mass migration at AGD's banning. I think Rab finally opened my eyes to who I am dealing with here, especially with Craig. Quite the wake up call for me, Billy. While I don't think you are that way (who really knows, huh?), I don't want to deal with the people in here whose fandom is that radical. So, like all the others who saw the writing on the wall, it is now my turn to take leave of this place. To my friends in here, good luck and I am sure we will see each other on the Net and converse through email. What was it that Brian & Mike wrote? "I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip." Adios!

Did the door hit you in the head instead of your ass as you were leaving this place?

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2016, 07:48:55 PM »

Craiggy, if you would just shut the hell up and stop calling out people and act like a real moderator, then yes, I would be happy to leave and never come back. You are such a narcissist that you cannot accept that you totally screwed up your own board. No matter what you do or what you say, you will never change what happened in here. Accept it and move on. The only reason this is still an issue is because you just won't let it go away. As long as you keep yapping at me, expect a response and one you probably won't like. If you let it die, then so will I.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2016, 07:52:05 PM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.

That's the crux of it, yes. As far as posters. There is more to it that no one wants to be honest about.

Examples of that drama? Here:

I've been told things about several insiders too. We should compare notes.

Are these insiders moderating a BB's msg board?

No, doing other things insiders do.

What I would like to bring up is something a few of us mod types were kicking around in conversation, just loose talk and idle chatter like workers grabbing a soda and snack in the break room during a long shift.

Some things came up in those chats like which of the newer registered members could be "Mike's Beard", who had been banned in late December and then bragged on the Hoffman board prior to it being locked down how he managed to evade the ban, re-register on this forum under a new account and alias, and use IP masking tools in order to get back in under the ban.

It was kicked around, just casual conversation, no big deal.

You wouldn't happen to have any opinions on that, would you Mike's Beard... oops, I meant opinions on Mike's Beard, would you? Sorry for the slip of the tongue.

Just asking. Grin
#1- I'm not whoever this mike's beard guy is.
#2 - Whatever you may or may not know about insiders has nothing to do with the word that you have driven some of them away from this board.

I misspell a word and this makes me someone else??
Maybe you should post that in the conspiracies thread.
This has gone beyond the bizarre.

Once last word before I bid you all farewell.
Craig, you are the most overbearing, blowhard, bellend I have ever come across.
Debbie, Brian dumped your saggy ass decades ago- move on.
Rab, NPP is still a big steaming pile of dogshit.
Billy, have fun in your sheltered accomodation, loser.

See you all under my next alias
MB.

If people want to be around that kind of garbage, you know where to find it. Welcome this crap back with open arms?

I could've gone my whole life without ever seeing that post again and it would've still been too soon. Like removing stitches with rusty tweezers.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2016, 07:53:05 PM »

Craiggy, if you would just shut the hell up and stop calling out people and act like a real moderator, then yes, I would be happy to leave and never come back. You are such a narcissist that you cannot accept that you totally screwed up your own board. No matter what you do or what you say, you will never change what happened in here. Accept it and move on. The only reason this is still an issue is because you just won't let it go away. As long as you keep yapping at me, expect a response and one you probably won't like. If you let it die, then so will I.

If he lets it die, will members from the new forum still keep coming back here to take shots under fake names?

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2016, 07:55:25 PM »

If he lets it die, will members from the new forum still keep coming back here to take shots under fake names?

100% No is my guess!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2016, 07:55:46 PM »

More bullshit. Just tell the truth and let people know what's behind the new board. The guy(s) who started this blame me for everything going to hell nonsense have been exposed as liars at worst, people with difficulty telling the truth at best.

The thing is, Doc, I can tell the truth about how all of this started with this tactic of trying to blame me for all the ills of this board, with histories of posts, messages, names, and the like. But that will get ugly, and not for me but for those who engaged in it and the reasons why.

So again, Doc, just be honest and tell the truth about what's behind your new board, if it really is your board.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »

100% No is my guess!

The fake names were there before the board opened, and in at least two cases were used to take shots at me, suggest I was the reason for things going to hell, and call for me to be removed, and in one case deny what actually happened.

Honest, upfront stuff, right?

The fake names are just a minor symptom, the actual root of this is much bigger.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2016, 08:00:34 PM »

I am not their keeper. Go ask them. You act as if this fake name stuff is as bad as murder or something. Maybe don't keep dredging their names up after you ban them. People tend to want to defend themselves. I say to you, don't give them a reason to do it, and they probably won't.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:39 PM »

am not their keeper. Go ask them. You act as if this fake name stuff is as bad as murder or something

Maybe not for some, but for some of us losers who are about to move to sheltered accommodation, it is.

People tend to want to defend themselves.

True...which is why Craig has been defending himself.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:06:42 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2016, 08:06:16 PM »

I am not their keeper. Go ask them. You act as if this fake name stuff is as bad as murder or something. Maybe don't keep dredging their names up after you ban them. People tend to want to defend themselves. I say to you, don't give them a reason to do it, and they probably won't.

Again, more bullshit as usual. You have no idea what you're talking about, and it doesn't let it stop you. It wasn't the moderators who kept making banned members an issue on the public boards here, Doc, in many cases it was people who must have been friends who kept harping on the bans instead of letting it go and coming here to post.

Tell the truth, Doc.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2016, 08:06:40 PM »

100% No is my guess!

The fake names were there before the board opened, and in at least two cases were used to take shots at me, suggest I was the reason for things going to hell, and call for me to be removed, and in one case deny what actually happened.

The fake names are just a minor symptom, the actual root of this is much bigger.

Why is this such a big deal to you? It happens. There is no full proof way to keep an eye on it. All you can do is deal with it each time it happens. Harping on it isn't going to make it stop.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »

100% No is my guess!

Why is this such a big deal to you? It happens. There is no full proof way to keep an eye on it. All you can do is deal with it each time it happens. Harping on it isn't going to make it stop.

The fake names are not as big of a deal as the dishonesty that has been going on around so much of this sh*t that seems to involve you, and you cannot hear the truth if it's not what you want to hear. The majority of your posts in the past month have been bullshit that in some cases is just you arguing and insisting things are a certain way after hearing and seeing proof that you were wrong. It fits in very well with some of the people who you have now welcomed back, and in more ways than I think you even realize.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »

Again, more bullshit as usual. You have no idea what you're talking about, and it doesn't let it stop you. It wasn't the moderators who kept making banned members an issue on the public boards here, Doc, in many cases it was people who must have been friends who kept harping on the bans instead of letting it go and coming here to post.

Tell the truth, Doc.
Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, it is done. It is finished. There is no take backs. Move on. This has been going on and on and on for months now and all of this fighting and justifying has not changed anything. The people who stayed are still here, the people who left are still gone. The folks who don't gave a damn are at both forums. It's like running in place. We never make any headway. Gotta go, I have an early plane to catch. Have a good evening.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »

Tell the truth, Doc.
Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, it is done. It is finished. There is no take backs. Move on. This has been going on and on and on for months now and all of this fighting and justifying has not changed anything. The people who stayed are still here, the people who left are still gone. The folks who don't gave a damn are at both forums. It's like running in place. We never make any headway. Gotta go, I have an early plane to catch. Have a good evening.

It isn't finished Doc until you tell people the truth and stop this damn facade.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2016, 08:28:19 PM »

Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, it is done. It is finished. There is no take backs. Move on

As long as it stays finished on both sides. You know, I'm not perfect...there's a lot of things I can't do...I can't stop the fighting and bickering, I can't fly, I can't divide by zero, nor can I provide for my family. One thing I *can* do, however, is call things as I see them, and all I know is that the gloves are now off for me.

Craiggy, if you would just shut the hell up and stop calling out people and act like a real moderator, then yes, I would be happy to leave and never come back. You are such a narcissist that you cannot accept that you totally screwed up your own board

First of all, it's not 'Craig's board'. No matter how many times I state this, it always comes back to this, don't it? I mean, heck, when the Andrew ban happened, no matter how many times I attempted to make it clear that I approached Craig about it, it kept being turned around that 'oh it was all him' and basically imply that I'm nothing more than a damn puppet. And now, it's 'his board'. The hell with that, it's not his board any more than it's mine. It's Charles's board and we help run it, but I get the implication.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: