-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297857 times)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »

Continue this "discussion" in PMs, please. This is painful to behold.

Imagine you've just had your BB "Damascene moment" and you're looking for a forum to share your new-found joy. And you see this. ^^^^^    
Yes. These are exactly my thoughts, only expressed 100 times better.

This is the "Sandbox", which was set up specifically for off-topic, anything-goes types of rolling discussions. It is clearly labeled as such, and kept separate from the music discussions and all Beach Boys related topics and groups here.

Imagine fans looking for a forum to share their new found joy, and stumbling upon the "I Wrote Some BB FanFics" thread, and reading that stuff about Carl soaking up blood with his hair and other positive imagery about the band, etc...

No outrage there, though, right? It's good fun, apparently.

Because it's in the Sandbox, where it belongs, just like other off topic posts have gone for years.
I can not imagine how bloody Fanfics are pertinent. comment withdrawn.  Petty and unproductive.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:32:15 AM by Emily » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »

Continue this "discussion" in PMs, please. This is painful to behold.

Imagine you've just had your BB "Damascene moment" and you're looking for a forum to share your new-found joy. And you see this. ^^^^^     
Yes. These are exactly my thoughts, only expressed 100 times better.

This is the "Sandbox", which was set up specifically for off-topic, anything-goes types of rolling discussions. It is clearly labeled as such, and kept separate from the music discussions and all Beach Boys related topics and groups here.

Imagine fans looking for a forum to share their new found joy, and stumbling upon the "I Wrote Some BB FanFics" thread, and reading that stuff about Carl soaking up blood with his hair and other positive imagery about the band, etc...

No outrage there, though, right? It's good fun, apparently.

Because it's in the Sandbox, where it belongs, just like other off topic posts have gone for years.
I can not imagine how bloody Fanfics are pertinent.

The Sandbox is the Sandbox as it's been for years. I found it odd that this discussion in particular was called out as being painful or detrimental to new fans who might read it while many, many others seemed to have escaped the same scrutiny. I can say honestly and factually that other board members and readers found some of the imagery of putting Beach Boys band members into fantasy scenarios involving sex, blood, and auto accidents to be disturbing if not inappropriate enough to mention it to me - not sure about any other mods - and I used that as only one out of dozens of possible examples. And I happen to agree, for what it's worth, and speaking as myself. If a fan comes here to celebrate the band, or talk music, there are the forums to do that and thousands of posts to read. But I'd hate to think what a new fan or reader would think about this place if they stumbled on the FanFic posts.

This discussion is at least pertinent to the board as it is dealing with issues that have been coming up directly related to the board and board members, just like the 25+ page moderation thread here, the AGD ban thread here, and others. It's being kept off the main forums while allowing anyone who has something to say to voice those comments and not have them in the main forums. I don't know where the problem is, and I don't know why this thread in particular got called out specifically at the point in the discussion that it did. I'm more in favor of letting people talk freely instead of sweeping lingering issues under the carpet until they erupt again. It also lets others see if they choose what some of these hot-button issues are all about instead of reading lies and innuendo after the fact.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 07, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »

OK, I am confused. Part of why AGD was banned was that he is alleged to have spread libelous information about Melinda Wilson, right? But The Kid now says only *part* of what he had been told was incorrect but is now claiming that the core information is true. Which is it?

I'm confused by a lot right now, but that's on me because I have been distracted by 'real' life.  I admit that I was part of the reason this happened in the first place, because I had taken everything I was told at face value, but the only thing Kid and I had discussed was the ending of the C50. This other stuff is going over my head, but again, I need to stress this...this is due to *me* and my availability (or current lack thereof). I know previously there had been accusations in the mod complaint thread that GF is doing this and doing that, and I'm not involved with any decisions. That is definitely not true, and sometimes I wonder if it would be better if it was like that because I can't be on here as often right now (I actually got to work early just so I could use the computer to post).

You know what I really wish, though? I wish we could all move past this and start fresh. Yeah, I know, I'm the typical hippie 'let's all be friends' type guy (and I'm not changing for anybody), but that's honestly what I wish for right now, for this board.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: June 07, 2016, 10:39:50 AM »

I found it odd that this discussion in particular was called out as being painful or detrimental to new fans who might read it while many, many others seemed to have escaped the same scrutiny

Speaking only for myself, I can't stand the word games/haikus/fanfics myself, but...I don't read them. I suspect others feel the same way. This gets more attention because, well, its actually a more important discussion? I dunno, just my own take on it, and I could be wrong.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2016, 02:53:32 PM »

I'm glad I waited with answering until now (not least because of the intervening bottle of white wine, lol).

I agree with Billy----time to move past this. Of course it's more important than word games, etc because it concerns the future of Smiley. (I do like the idea of a separate section for creative stuff, out of everyone's way.)

See you folks elsewhere on the board.           

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »

(I do like the idea of a separate section for creative stuff, out of everyone's way.) 

Me too.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: June 07, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »

If these issues had been resolved, there wouldn't be numerous posters still asking about them and they would not be lingering in this and other threads after they were supposedly resolved weeks if not months ago. These issues with Cinc Kid will be addressed very soon.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »

I have a suggestion, why don’t you adults quit trying to discredit the Kid by twisting his words into something he didn’t say and then accusing him over your word twisting? He has been very clear and consistent and is trying to be the adult in the thread.

Here it is: The info he received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour.  He wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  Someone else twisted his words into something he didn't say and that's how the whole thing started.  He was first told it was false, then later clarified that it wasn't completely false.

I’m not even involved and I understand it plain as day and my further suggestion is that what is happening or about to happen to him in this thread should cease. 

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »

I have a suggestion, why don’t you adults quit trying to discredit the Kid by twisting his words into something he didn’t say and then accusing him over your word twisting? He has been very clear and consistent and is trying to be the adult in the thread.

Here it is: The info he received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour.  He wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  Someone else twisted his words into something he didn't say and that's how the whole thing started.  He was first told it was false, then later clarified that it wasn't completely false.

I’m not even involved and I understand it plain as day and my further suggestion is that what is happening or about to happen to him in this thread should cease.  

My intention was (and is and will be) in this case to put all the facts and words on the table and try clearing it all up without malice. There were issues that were assumed to have been resolved months ago and weeks ago that keep coming up, so apparently they are not resolved. I want everyone to get a fair shake and a fair airing out, and put it all on the table because others who weren't involved are getting involved, and some who were involved (myself included) are seeing things that don't seem to line up.

I'd like to see a resolution, but I also don't think moving on from the issues is possible if they are still lingering if not smoldering to the point they keep coming back after they were apparently resolved.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:53:55 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2016, 08:54:56 AM »

Here it is: The info he received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour.  He wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  Someone else twisted his words into something he didn't say and that's how the whole thing started.  He was first told it was false, then later clarified that it wasn't completely false.

My intention was (and is and will be) in this case to put all the facts and words on the table and try clearing it all up without malice. There were issues that were assumed to have been resolved months ago and weeks ago that keep coming up, so apparently they are not resolved. I want everyone to get a fair shake and a fair airing out, and put it all on the table because others who weren't involved are getting involved, and some who were involved (myself included) are seeing things that don't seem to line up.

I'd like to see a resolution, but I also don't think moving on from the issues is possible if they are still lingering if not smoldering to the point they keep coming back after they were apparently resolved.
Well said, GF!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »

Here it is: The info he received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour.  He wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  Someone else twisted his words into something he didn't say and that's how the whole thing started.  He was first told it was false, then later clarified that it wasn't completely false.

It was in regards to the c50. That was it.the initial post that started this , however, did in fact make it seem like he was referring to Melinda, because the subject turned to her. Subsequent posts have clarified,  but the original post still caused confusion.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2016, 04:13:49 AM »

Twisting words and twisted words cause confusion.

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2016, 06:36:28 AM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:06:02 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2016, 08:12:20 AM »

I stopped by that place 2 days ago. It's totally copy cat in every way shape and form. No originality going on with the usual suspects rehashing the same old crap they did here. They wholeheartedly so deserve each other. It was a genuine honor to be one of the first to be banned from that graveyard.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2016, 08:35:23 AM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.

Agreed

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2016, 08:39:33 AM »

Again, I will take their pleas for peace seriously if every single post in their "why are you here" thread wasn't a passive agressive shot at Smiley and certain Smiley posters and mods.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2016, 08:45:15 AM »

Again, I will take their pleas for peace seriously if every single post in their "why are you here" thread wasn't a passive agressive shot at Smiley and certain Smiley posters and mods.

Yup. What do I always say? If you want a friend, *be* a friend

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »

Rob, are you saying that they don't really feel the way they feel? That all 27 posters (so far), who mostly post at both places are lying about their feelings? Everyone has their reasons for either staying put here, leaving and coming to PSF or posting on both boards. Whether you think they are passive-aggressive shots or not, I think everyone has been quite polite with their wordings. Not counting the banned members from here, most who decided to leave here did not do so with warm & fuzzy feelings. You can't expect them to lie on PSF about that do you? And no one has gone overboard expressing those feelings either. As you can see over there, we do try to keep the peace and be civil with each other, but we also do not promote censorship. Folks have their say and move on to what they are actually there to do, to talk about The Beach Boys.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »

Yup. What do I always say? If you want a friend, *be* a friend
Billy - that is 100% true.  Wink
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »

Rob, are you saying that they don't really feel the way they feel? That all 27 posters (so far), who mostly post at both places are lying about their feelings? Everyone has their reasons for either staying put here, leaving and coming to PSF or posting on both boards. Whether you think they are passive-aggressive shots or not, I think everyone has been quite polite with their wordings. Not counting the banned members from here, most who decided to leave here did not do so with warm & fuzzy feelings. You can't expect them to lie on PSF about that do you? And no one has gone overboard expressing those feelings either. As you can see over there, we do try to keep the peace and be civil with each other, but we also do not promote censorship. Folks have their say and move on to what they are actually there to do, to talk about The Beach Boys.

I am not accusing anyone of dishonesty. I'm just saying if you want to be the Warm and Fuzzy Board, then you guys should actually be the Warm And Fuzzy Board. And to do that, it would further your cause along if people laid off of Smiley, laid off on "certain posters", and cartain mods.

Myself, the attacks here on Craig remind me of the Fall 1997 attacks on a former moderator on what was then Mike Wheeler's Brian Wilson WebPage and message board. The rretreat to a new board reminded me of Brad Elliott's Surf's Up Mailing List (FYI, Brad's list lasted 2, maybe 3 years at most).

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2016, 10:09:05 AM »

I am not accusing anyone of dishonesty. I'm just saying if you want to be the Warm and Fuzzy Board, then you guys should actually be the Warm And Fuzzy Board. And to do that, it would further your cause along if people laid off of Smiley, laid off on "certain posters", and cartain mods.

Myself, the attacks here on Craig remind me of the Fall 1997 attacks on a former moderator on what was then Mike Wheeler's Brian Wilson WebPage and message board. The rretreat to a new board reminded me of Brad Elliott's Surf's Up Mailing List (FYI, Brad's list lasted 2, maybe 3 years at most).
I understand where you are coming from, but you know people, they like to express themselves, good or ill and have their say. I never said our board was warm & fuzzy, just civil. Things have calmed down a lot over the past week or so, and will completely settle down eventually. As always, folks will find their niche, will settle in, and get comfortable.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »

What did someone over there call some of us over here "liars", "racists", "sexists" and/or "bullies"?  That would be despicable right?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »

What did someone over there call some of us over here "liars", "racists", "sexists" and/or "bullies"?  That would be despicable right?

There's good and bad people over there, just like over here.

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2016, 05:13:03 PM »

and I will continue to visit all sites as I darn well wish
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2016, 05:15:30 PM »

What did someone over there call some of us over here "liars", "racists", "sexists" and/or "bullies"?  That would be despicable right?

There's good and bad people over there, just like over here.

Agreed. I might have said well-intentioned and misguided and neither should be throwing rocks from their glass houses.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:17:17 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: