-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297864 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2016, 09:00:17 PM »

I wasn't talking about only AGD.  The issue here isn't even about his ban.  I don't have issue with it and neither do the vast majority of people here. 
I mentioned the ban after seeing "your personal crusade against Andrew". Did I miss sth.? Where did you get this idea that it's "personal" if GF plenty of times repeated that the PM system itself, based on what they found out, is real troublemaker. And sorry but "people you don't like" seems like attempt to add fuel. If it's not, explain what you meant by that. Lots of the Pet Sounds posters do post here, as Smilin Ed H said 90%? Nobody shooed them away.It's voluntary. They can check in here and there.

Yeah, you missed something.  It's not worth explaining it further.

Try running the explanation by me, I'd like to hear it.

Most of the people you disagree with are gone and nobody cares about this thing you have against Andrew, justified or not.  People want to move on at this point. 

So it's now changed to people I disagree with, not people I don't like? What are you talking about? Again, you have no knowledge of the issues other than what I can only assume you've been told or led to believe. And if your explanations are any indication, you've either ignored everything that has been said or you've been duped.

Maybe you should also look at Andrew's own personal crusades, and a handful of other board members (and on other boards) who have been targeted through the years before making such statements like you actually know what's going on.

Stop acting like you are the only one who knows what the issues are.  Even if I didn't know what was going on, there's no reason for you to keep going on about how you know something and everyone else doesn't.  Either say what it is or quit bringing it up all the time. 

I don't care about his crusades, he's no longer a member of this forum.  You should be trying to keep the peace, not stir the pot every chance you get. 
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2016, 02:56:33 AM »

How about if everyone caught up in this infernal bickering acted like an adult and simply stopped joining in? Just stop----it's so gosh darn simple! Anyway, nobody knows exactly who said what anymore because of the quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes...

All this bickering is doing is dragging Smiley down----and there is a limit to how far it can go. 

One fascinating aspect about all this is posters' reactions to the new forum. It seems everyone has their own place on the spectrum, no two people think exactly alike.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2016, 07:27:37 AM »

How about if everyone caught up in this infernal bickering acted like an adult and simply stopped joining in? Just stop----it's so gosh darn simple! Anyway, nobody knows exactly who said what anymore because of the quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes...

All this bickering is doing is dragging Smiley down----and there is a limit to how far it can go. 

One fascinating aspect about all this is posters' reactions to the new forum. It seems everyone has their own place on the spectrum, no two people think exactly alike.
That board is in it's infancy and needs to find it's own way, with members and resources while it is in it's initial build-out phase.  Even if it is perceived as a "haven for the banned," that is no reason for all this disparagement. 

Doesn't mean if those who chose and are members in good standing, cannot communicate on multiple fora.  It should not be a "them v. us" situation and constants jousts among the boards. 

They are doing their own thing.   Wink

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »

I wasn't talking about only AGD.  The issue here isn't even about his ban.  I don't have issue with it and neither do the vast majority of people here. 
I mentioned the ban after seeing "your personal crusade against Andrew". Did I miss sth.? Where did you get this idea that it's "personal" if GF plenty of times repeated that the PM system itself, based on what they found out, is real troublemaker. And sorry but "people you don't like" seems like attempt to add fuel. If it's not, explain what you meant by that. Lots of the Pet Sounds posters do post here, as Smilin Ed H said 90%? Nobody shooed them away.It's voluntary. They can check in here and there.

Most of the people you disagree with are gone and nobody cares about this thing you have against Andrew, justified or not.  People want to move on at this point. 

So it's now changed to people I disagree with, not people I don't like? What are you talking about? Again, you have no knowledge of the issues other than what I can only assume you've been told or led to believe. And if your explanations are any indication, you've either ignored everything that has been said or you've been duped.

Maybe you should also look at Andrew's own personal crusades, and a handful of other board members (and on other boards) who have been targeted through the years before making such statements like you actually know what's going on.

Stop acting like you are the only one who knows what the issues are.  Even if I didn't know what was going on, there's no reason for you to keep going on about how you know something and everyone else doesn't.  Either say what it is or quit bringing it up all the time. 

I don't care about his crusades, he's no longer a member of this forum.  You should be trying to keep the peace, not stir the pot every chance you get. 

I'm not the only one who knows what the issues are and have been. It's too bad you got hoodwinked as a new fan into believing things were a certain way when they were not. All I'm looking for is a fair assessment and some honesty about the whole deal so all the cards are on the table and everyone can judge for themselves based on the full spectrum of facts.

Of course you wouldn't care about the crusades, it's only my words and actions that you find fault with because you think I f***ed you over with a ban that you've already had explained and clarified back when it happened. Duly noted and logged.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »

I'm not the only one who knows what the issues are and have been. It's too bad you got hoodwinked as a new fan into believing things were a certain way when they were not. All I'm looking for is a fair assessment and some honesty about the whole deal so all the cards are on the table and everyone can judge for themselves based on the full spectrum of facts.

Of course you wouldn't care about the crusades, it's only my words and actions that you find fault with because you think I f***ed you over with a ban that you've already had explained and clarified back when it happened. Duly noted and logged.
So maybe lay out the whole deal and get all the cards on the table (maybe in it's own thread) and hopefully end the derailing.
What's with the 'duly noted and logged' comment? From a moderator, it makes you seem like a bit of a jackass, IMO.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2016, 11:07:06 AM »

So maybe lay out the whole deal and get all the cards on the table (maybe in it's own thread) and hopefully end the derailing.
What's with the 'duly noted and logged' comment? From a moderator, it makes you seem like a bit of a jackass, IMO.

It's just a figure of speech, if you think saying it makes me look like a jackass that's your call.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »

I wasn't talking about only AGD.  The issue here isn't even about his ban.  I don't have issue with it and neither do the vast majority of people here.  

Yeah, you missed something.  It's not worth explaining it further.

Most of the people you disagree with are gone and nobody cares about this thing you have against Andrew, justified or not.  People want to move on at this point.  

Stop acting like you are the only one who knows what the issues are.  Even if I didn't know what was going on, there's no reason for you to keep going on about how you know something and everyone else doesn't.  Either say what it is or quit bringing it up all the time.  

I don't care about his crusades, he's no longer a member of this forum.  You should be trying to keep the peace, not stir the pot every chance you get.  

Again, I wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  The info I received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour.  

It has nothing to do with my ban.  AGD no longer posts here.  It's over.  Let it go.  

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:31:08 PM by The Cincinnati Kid » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »

I wasn't talking about only AGD.  The issue here isn't even about his ban.  I don't have issue with it and neither do the vast majority of people here.  

Most of the people you disagree with are gone and nobody cares about this thing you have against Andrew, justified or not.  People want to move on at this point.  

Stop acting like you are the only one who knows what the issues are.  Even if I didn't know what was going on, there's no reason for you to keep going on about how you know something and everyone else doesn't.  Either say what it is or quit bringing it up all the time.  

I don't care about his crusades, he's no longer a member of this forum.  You should be trying to keep the peace, not stir the pot every chance you get.  

Again, I wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  The info I received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour.  

It has nothing to do with my ban.  AGD no longer posts here.  It's over.  Let it go.  

I certainly wish someone who could actually respond to this would speak up.  Hello???
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »

Again, I wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything.  The info I received had nothing to do with Melinda controlling Brian or forcing him to tour. 

It has nothing to do with my ban.  AGD no longer posts here.  It's over.  Let it go. 

i strongly suggest you let it go as well.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »

I certainly wish someone who could actually respond to this would speak up.  Hello???

Something doesn't quite add up here...Especially when the statement "I wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything" is considered after these posts were made earlier:

Debbie, please check your pm inbox as that should clear things up.  If not, let me know.

I finally did get your pm.  I didn’t realize at the time of your post that you were trying to direct me to other pm’s that I had received from someone with considerable power on this Board, but thanks for making that clear.  The irony isn’t lost on me (nor the usual machinations) that I’m being boxed into silence by pm’s, the modus operandi of this sleazy little behind the scenes operation on SS:  An operation to defame Melinda Wilson, and in the process an attempt to make people believe that Brian is touring either unwillingly or “under the influence.” 

Yet, this garbage is allowed to continue on SS with the perpetrators (whom I have to assume this person in power can identify) allowed to continue merrily on.  I am beyond disgusted by what is being allowed here.  It is  an attack, not only on Brian Wilson’s legacy, but in “real time” it’s an attack on his tour.  Is this really lost on the people in power here?

I hope you're not referring to me and the other person who sent you a pm when you say you're being boxed into silence or that we're in an operation to defame Melinda.  I wanted you to read his pm because he's where I got my info from.  He and I both know now that the info we received is incorrect.   

We both now know the info we received is incorrect and that's all that matters to me at this point. 

If you received incorrect information, Kid, you were hoodwinked and duped by the source who sent all of this information you later found out was incorrect...

Why are you now backpedaling? If you and whoever else got faulty info passed off as truth or fact, you were hoodwinked!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2016, 09:42:48 PM »

Something doesn't quite add up here...Especially when the statement "I wasn't hoodwinked or duped into believing anything" is considered after these posts were made earlier:

If you received incorrect information, Kid, you were hoodwinked and duped by the source who sent all of this information you later found out was incorrect...

Why are you now backpedaling? If you and whoever else got faulty info passed off as truth or fact, you were hoodwinked!

That is a good question....of course, you weren't the only one hoodwinked. I certainly was.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2016, 09:46:28 PM »

Debbie, please check your pm inbox as that should clear things up.  If not, let me know.

I finally did get your pm.  I didn’t realize at the time of your post that you were trying to direct me to other pm’s that I had received from someone with considerable power on this Board, but thanks for making that clear.  The irony isn’t lost on me (nor the usual machinations) that I’m being boxed into silence by pm’s, the modus operandi of this sleazy little behind the scenes operation on SS:  An operation to defame Melinda Wilson, and in the process an attempt to make people believe that Brian is touring either unwillingly or “under the influence.” 

Yet, this garbage is allowed to continue on SS with the perpetrators (whom I have to assume this person in power can identify) allowed to continue merrily on.  I am beyond disgusted by what is being allowed here.  It is  an attack, not only on Brian Wilson’s legacy, but in “real time” it’s an attack on his tour.  Is this really lost on the people in power here?

I hope you're not referring to me and the other person who sent you a pm when you say you're being boxed into silence or that we're in an operation to defame Melinda.  I wanted you to read his pm because he's where I got my info from.  He and I both know now that the info we received is incorrect.   

We both now know the info we received is incorrect and that's all that matters to me at this point. 

Simple, I found out it wasn't necessarily false, but rather a small part of the equation. 
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2016, 10:05:00 PM »

I would suggest none of it is, like I said 5 threads and 6000 posts ago.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2016, 11:23:17 PM »

Simple, I found out it wasn't necessarily false, but rather a small part of the equation. 

What info wasn't necessarily false? You originally said - twice as quoted above - that the info you received was incorrect, then you backpedaled when other posters challenged you weeks ago on how you would know that and said some of the info wasn't false, now you've backtracked again and are saying the info wasn't necessarily false?

Keep in mind, you were the one who accused other posters of trolling after they asked similar questions about whatever "not necessarily false" info you seem to be referring to. So the details have changed yet again from your explanation that you found out the info was incorrect and that was all that mattered to this now being a case of some info not being false (which means you must have proof whatever it was that isn't false must be true)...

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2016, 02:27:28 AM »

Continue this "discussion" in PMs, please. This is painful to behold.

Imagine you've just had your BB "Damascene moment" and you're looking for a forum to share your new-found joy. And you see this. ^^^^^     
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:32:10 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2016, 03:02:03 AM »

Imagine you've just had your BB "Damascene moment" and you're looking for a forum to share your new-found joy. And you see this. ^^^^^     
Yes. These are exactly my thoughts, only expressed 100 times better.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2016, 05:10:47 AM »

Just hearing something doesn't mean you are hoodwinked. I hear a lot of things that I don't believe or I reserve judgement on and later find out they were false, it's even happened in this thread.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2016, 06:42:29 AM »

Yes. These are exactly my thoughts, only expressed 100 times better.

This is the "Sandbox", which was set up specifically for off-topic, anything-goes types of rolling discussions. It is clearly labeled as such, and kept separate from the music discussions and all Beach Boys related topics and groups here.

Imagine fans looking for a forum to share their new found joy, and stumbling upon the "I Wrote Some BB FanFics" thread, and reading that stuff about Carl soaking up blood with his hair and other positive imagery about the band, etc...

No outrage there, though, right? It's good fun, apparently.

Because it's in the Sandbox, where it belongs, just like other off topic posts have gone for years.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »

No problem with the subject as such. In that respect it's in the right place----agreed.

But now it's about clashes of personalities and has been for pages on end.

I'm used to it these days but prospective newbies will run a mile if this is the first thing they see.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2016, 07:13:16 AM »

No problem with the subject as such. In that respect it's in the right place----agreed.

But now it's about clashes of personalities and has been for pages on end.

I'm used to it these days but prospective newbies will run a mile if this is the first thing they see.

That could be said about any number of threads, and this is very, very mild compared to some of the stuff that happened both here in the past and on other now-defunct BB forums.

It is not clashing personalities as much as asking for some honesty and truth, or at least a clarification. And if the stories and statements don't line up, I think asking for a clarification is more than in order, especially if other board members have been accused of trolling for pointing out the same contradictions in the recent past.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2016, 07:54:42 AM »

What info wasn't necessarily false? You originally said - twice as quoted above - that the info you received was incorrect, then you backpedaled when other posters challenged you weeks ago on how you would know that and said some of the info wasn't false, now you've backtracked again and are saying the info wasn't necessarily false?

Keep in mind, you were the one who accused other posters of trolling after they asked similar questions about whatever "not necessarily false" info you seem to be referring to. So the details have changed yet again from your explanation that you found out the info was incorrect and that was all that mattered to this now being a case of some info not being false (which means you must have proof whatever it was that isn't false must be true)...

Oh, so you want me to share information sent in a pm?  The very thing you have been refusing to do this whole time? 

I accused him of trolling because he was.  I'll repeat again that he twisted my words into something I didn't say.  That's how the whole thing started.  The details haven't changed "yet again."  I was first told it was false, then later clarified that it wasn't completely false, just a small part of a bigger picture.  It's really as simple as that. 
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2016, 07:55:38 AM »

When I was a new member prior to the Smile Sessions release, I was scared to death to post here because of the tone. Instead, I just read the archives for months on end -- which was far better than simply jumping right on and asking a stupid question or referring to a busted myth, only to be jumped upon by the veteran posters. I learned a lot more a lot faster than I would have if I had simply started cluttering up threads with ignorant crap.

It should be intimidating to post here-- you should know what the hell you're talking about, and be willing to defend yourself. Now, I feel far more comfortable here than I have any right to feel, and freely post ignorant crap. Newbies get used to it.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »

When I was a new member prior to the Smile Sessions release, I was scared to death to post here because of the tone. Instead, I just read the archives for months on end -- which was far better than simply jumping right on and asking a stupid question or referring to a busted myth, only to be jumped upon by the veteran posters. I learned a lot more a lot faster than I would have if I had simply started cluttering up threads with ignorant crap.

It should be intimidating to post here-- you should know what the hell you're talking about, and be willing to defend yourself. Now, I feel far more comfortable here than I have any right to feel, and freely post ignorant crap. Newbies get used to it.
While I was not afraid to post here, I lurked and surveyed the situation for a really long time before I posted, and damn straight you had better have some facts to back you up before you post. 

It is not for the faint of heart. Glad you stayed.  Wink
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2016, 08:55:52 AM »

OK, I am confused. Part of why AGD was banned was that he is alleged to have spread libelous information about Melinda Wilson, right? But The Kid now says only *part* of what he had been told was incorrect but is now claiming that the core information is true. Which is it?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2016, 09:14:10 AM »

OK, I am confused. Part of why AGD was banned was that he is alleged to have spread libelous information about Melinda Wilson, right? But The Kid now says only *part* of what he had been told was incorrect but is now claiming that the core information is true. Which is it?

That is the confusion shared by me as well as those who were accused by The Cinc. Kid of trolling when they asked similar questions. Which is it, and how was it proven what was true or untrue to the level The Kid is continuing to make these statements? It's either a case of the information being shown to be false and that was good enough several weeks ago to move on and drop the issue, or it's a case of some of it true and some of it not...it's confusing as hell as it is being explained.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: