-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  RIP Muhammed Ali
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Muhammed Ali  (Read 9123 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »

Another great one gone...  Sad

My favorite Ali moment was watching him light the cauldron at the Atlanta Olympics opening ceremony (on TV).
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »

Worked for a car rental company back in the early 70's and on this particular day, out of nowhere, a couple of cars pull up with several big guys in perfectly tailored suits get out and come in the office. One of them was Ali. He was very subdued, polite and looked like a million bucks. His brother was with him as well. After getting the paperwork completed, he was gracious enough to shake my hand and thank me for getting him a nice car.
He spoke softly, smiled and went on his way. I felt as though I had just had an encounter with some kind of royalty.

Smiley
He was a client at my sister's law firm. She never actually represented him, but she met him a few times.  She said when he came in to the office, everyone would sort of go out to the lobby or to their doors to gawk, but they were also so respectful that it was almost like an honor guard. She said he was always really nice and friendly and every single time he came in would take extra time to chat with admirers. She said he had a lot more going on than you'd think, despite his condition. She said he was sharp as tacks.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 11:01:50 AM »

Everyone who ever had their pic taken with Ali is posting pics [...] Mike & Ali were not best friends.
Thanks for confirmation. Rob Dean asked whether these 2 were friends and I assumed they are. Cutting previous post.

Old surfer - very nice story.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »

On the other hand, Carl and Ali had something very big in common: Both refused to fight in "that crazy Asian war"...   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 11:23:58 PM »

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2016/06/the_eccentric_genius_of_muhammad_ali_s_boxing_style.html

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
bluesno1fann
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2016, 04:41:23 AM »

One shittacular year......
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 05:36:44 AM »

At this point, the best thing to do is move along.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: