gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:13:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New song influenced by Good Vibrations  (Read 3153 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »

A few months ago, I was working on a cover of Good Vibrations for the anthology. I got as far as part of the bassline, and it ended up turning into an original song. The song's called "Secrets & Lies", and it ended up sounding like something off of, I dunno, a soundtrack from maybe a film or game or something. I think it sounds alright; it's a home-recording so the audio quality isn't the greatest.

Secrets & Lies

If this link doesn't work, just go to http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:27:10 PM »

It's like Good Vibrations in a nightclub when the character in the film is on various mind-altering drugs.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »

Grin

That was actually what I was on  going for with the track;  maybe the main character in question caught his wife/girlfriend/whatever cheating and went on a drug binge, or at the very least was in the middle of a nervous breakdown; hence, the title.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »

...Interesting stuff. I like the bass riff. Well thought-out....organ sounds unusual, but fits the mood. The drums are right where they should be. I like that popping in from nowhere feeling. In short, I like this cut for many reasons...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:56:04 PM »

Thanks!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx