-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:11:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Thread for arguments with or about moderation
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thread for arguments with or about moderation  (Read 161761 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 13, 2016, 03:29:34 AM »

And Cam...if you're rehashing these issues, let's do it right and do it truthfully.

No one knew why Nicko "quit" the board publicly, but some did privately. So for Cincinnatti Kid or Mike's Beard  or anyone to make statements suggesting reasons why Nicko quit, they would had to have heard it themselves, because he never posted publicly reasons why.

*I* know why he left. Unless Mike's Beard or Cinc Kid had spoken to him, they would not know.

I also know what he tried to pull both here and on the BW board, involving alias accounts, fake names, and a whole load of bizarre subterfuge that no one except a few have any idea about. And well before I was a mod at BW, he tried to sneak on that board under an alias, but like Mike's Beard would do here, f***ed up in the execution enough that a simple question "Is that you Nicko?" after his posting style became transparent enough to spot that he first denied it, then launched into a diatribe about how bad I was, how bad the whole thing was, how i "ruined" SS...and the admin of BW board unfortunately not only banned him, but deleted the posts too. Inside of all that, our favorite fact-checker stood up and vouched for him on BW, in light of what just happened.

Further, again only a few people until now know this, he tried to come back on this board using a different name and different account, and began contacting board members here via PM telling tales and pleading his case with them. When the truth was unraveled, it was like a story told by Baron Von Munchausen or something. Just completely bizarre.

I am not the only one to know this, and what I said there can be backed up. But very few actually know anything about this.

And we also know who was involved, and how there was a similar effort years ago that led to lifetime bans on other boards when these same people started to gang up on certain posters - because they were very vocal fans of Brian Wilson - and began giving them sh*t that crossed many lines and had little to do with "it's all about the music". If they want, they can chime in and add more detail, because it was disgusting and the lifetime bans were more than warranted.

And it also spoke volumes to see the reactions after the curtain was yet again pulled back to reveal someone trying to mask their true identity to evade a ban on one forum, and get back in as an alter ego on a board where they had quit because they thought I "ruined" the board by voicing strong opinions and not agreeing with Andr...oh, never mind.

Consider the sources of so much of this have a history of disrespecting these boards and the people who are members on things as basic as who they are.

And again, if people want to hang with these people and share laughs and whatever else, you know the address.

Nicko didn't have anything to do with this. You made insinuations about him for your own off-topic reasons even though you had pointed everyone  at the time at ForHerCryingSoul by quoting the wrong thread title. By the time the misdirection was coming to light, all the damage had already been done and when the damage the confusion had caused was summarized, instead of sorting through it, there was a suspension. What infraction or rule violation was the suspension for according to the modlog?

Again, Mike's Beard has nothing to do with this, this was the Kid, you, and slightly Billie.

Also earlier you said and I missed it: "But I will not be harangued into apologizing for things that I did not do, or for someone who decided to escalate into personal things and take shots, beyond just me and including dragging Billy into it which was the clincher for that timeout."

The Kid wasn't escalating, he was responding to you (and Billie a few times), in fact he tried to deescalate by suggesting it be taken to PM and let's be clear, Billie was only mentioned because you had misdirected everyone to the wrong thread, the Kid was accurate in what he said about Billie in the thread you had wrongly directed him to and there was no foul which I believe Billie agrees with.  

Are you calling a comment on post length (which I don't remember seeing in that thread) a personal attack? If so, "armchair quarterback" surely must qualify too?

No one is being harangued into apologizing for things that they did not do, I don't think suggesting apologizing for things you did do (confusion, wrongful suspension) is out of line and my hat is doffed to Billie in that regard.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:45:13 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: