-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Thread for arguments with or about moderation
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thread for arguments with or about moderation  (Read 160315 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2016, 07:00:04 PM »

Ha ha ha ha...I don't see a problem with it myself

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

Ha ha ha ha...I don't see a problem with it myself

Well okay then!  Grin

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »

Can I become "Douchepool?"

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2016, 07:32:45 PM »

Aren't you already?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »

I always was!

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2016, 07:49:16 PM »

Aren't you already?

LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 27, 2016, 08:01:59 PM »

Ah ha! At first, I was genuinely upset that RDZ was allegedly banned because of the "asshole" post, and then I read further in this thread and learned he had flagrantly violated other rules, which led to his real banning. And it makes sense now (I'm glad I didn't immediately flame somebody for some out of context post three pages before the most recent post).

So- context does help work through some of this labyrinthine sh*t. Then again, so does being fair minded, rationale and calm.

I learned something today.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2016, 12:34:28 AM »

Ah ha! At first, I was genuinely upset that RDZ was allegedly banned because of the "asshole" post, and then I read further in this thread and learned he had flagrantly violated other rules, which led to his real banning. And it makes sense now (I'm glad I didn't immediately flame somebody for some out of context post three pages before the most recent post).

So- context does help work through some of this labyrinthine sh*t. Then again, so does being fair minded, rationale and calm.

I learned something today.
Yeah, it's a very interesting & educational thread.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #408 on: May 28, 2016, 02:32:10 AM »

I saw some of the PMs that got Andrew G Doe banned (some of the more outlandish Melinda rumors included). I'm not sure that people like Lee Dempsey would have left had the evidence come to light. I'm not sure that Bgas would've left. I'm not sure there would have been uproar and an increase in calls for questioning the moderation here had the evidence come out. Maybe I'm 100% wrong - maybe they would've left anyways. But I truly think that the evidence would've cleared up a lot of speculation amongst many members here.

Who showed you the emails? Just curious.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #409 on: May 28, 2016, 02:35:09 AM »

Why not just have a poll/referendum so that the board can vote whether he remains a mod or not?  Remain or crexit...

The day members can vote moderators in or out is the day I make this board disappear like it never existed.

The icing on the cake.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2016, 04:01:38 AM »

Why not just have a poll/referendum so that the board can vote whether he remains a mod or not?  Remain or crexit...

The day members can vote moderators in or out is the day I make this board disappear like it never existed.

The icing on the cake.

Keep in mind:

When I agreed to do this, there was no condition of a vote except among the other mods and admins to approve or not. I do not think it is fair nor justified to call for a vote on my status in general unless similar votes can be called for to determine the status of any other member on this board.

When you consider there are at least three cases in this thread alone of either long-term current or previously banned members logging in and posting under completely different accounts from their primary (and most well known) accounts and names, it isn't hard to see how taking a vote on anyone's fate on this board has the potential to be rigged in many ways. Voting in "best album" polls is one thing, but when members are signing in and posting under multiple accounts (not just changing usernames), it isn't possible to judge anything fairly by popular vote except the informal polls, and I will not be subject to it, no matter what the results may be.

This is another case where the behavior of certain members who should know better or at least have more respect for the community have affected the way things are done or could be done. I will strongly reject a vote of any kind not even involving me, considering all of the abuses of the most simple foundations of signing up and posting to this board.

When people post using multiple accounts, as proven has happened multiple times in this thread and who knows how many others, the notion of a fair and accurate vote for any issue beyond informal polls is wiped off the table.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 28, 2016, 04:30:26 AM »

I saw some of the PMs that got Andrew G Doe banned (some of the more outlandish Melinda rumors included). I'm not sure that people like Lee Dempsey would have left had the evidence come to light. I'm not sure that Bgas would've left. I'm not sure there would have been uproar and an increase in calls for questioning the moderation here had the evidence come out. Maybe I'm 100% wrong - maybe they would've left anyways. But I truly think that the evidence would've cleared up a lot of speculation amongst many members here.

Fellow board members who had received some of the PMs...members who shared them with me after I had made it known to them that I had recieved a PM from Doe regarding Melinda's story in Love and Mercy. Other board members showed me PMs during and after Billy's investigation of the matter. Specifically who I wont share for privacy sake. But if they want to come forward they can.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:34:47 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 28, 2016, 07:27:03 AM »

Fellow board members who had received some of the PMs...members who shared them with me after I had made it known to them that I had recieved a PM from Doe regarding Melinda's story in Love and Mercy. Other board members showed me PMs during and after Billy's investigation of the matter. Specifically who I wont share for privacy sake. But if they want to come forward they can.

Wouldn't all of you be guilty of the same thing AGD is accused of: sharing the so-called "potential libel" of an un-named source by PM?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:28:04 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2016, 07:59:23 AM »

If AGD knew it was false and willingly disseminated it them it's cut and dried. Providing proof of said dissemination is not in the same class.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 28, 2016, 08:15:29 AM »

Wouldn't all of you be guilty of the same thing AGD is accused of: sharing the so-called "potential libel" of an un-named source by PM?

All of us? Firstly I never got any directly libelous PMs and stated as much - or at least I clarified as much. Secondly, the people who shared them with me didn't pawn off the information enclosed in the PMs as being factual. They were shared because they knew it was bullshit information...and those people said as much. By your logic no one in a court of law could being forth evidence of libel without being prosecuted themselves.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2016, 09:21:53 AM »

Just curious to know why they'd share it with you...

Who are the other banned posters using an alter ego on this thread? Come on, fess up! All of you!  police
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »

Just curious to know why they'd share it with you...

Who are the other banned posters using an alter ego on this thread? Come on, fess up! All of you!  police

!

I am not actually a formerly banned poster
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:26:27 AM by Gigantic Douche Coupe » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »

No, because it was me who asked for it, as part of the investigation.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 28, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »

All of us? Firstly I never got any directly libelous PMs and stated as much - or at least I clarified as much. Secondly, the people who shared them with me didn't pawn off the information enclosed in the PMs as being factual. They were shared because they knew it was bullshit information...and those people said as much. By your logic no one in a court of law could being forth evidence of libel without being prosecuted themselves.

"Fellow board members who had received some of the PMs...members who shared them with me after I had made it known to them that I had recieved a PM from Doe regarding Melinda's story in Love and Mercy. Other board members showed me PMs during and after Billy's investigation of the matter. Specifically who I wont share for privacy sake. But if they want to come forward they can."

I'm not following you I guess, what PMs did you receive if not those under discussion? If you didn't share an of the secondhand (AGD attributed them as from a source, not him) allegedly potentially libelous posts which I thought you were referring to or only shared them with a mod then no it wouldn't apply to you. But those members who shared them with you it would, they shared info from an un-known source by PM just as AGD allegedly did. However, between your two posts, I am confused about what you are saying you received and shared from/with fellow board members; together they read to me as if you shared and received the PMs you didn't share or receive.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 28, 2016, 10:24:03 AM »

Rab was receiving PMs from board members for you?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:25:27 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »

Rab was receiving PMs from board members for you?

I asked him if he received any of the PMs from Andrew Doe in regards to Melinda, because of another PM I received from a different person. And no, I'm not going into any more detail because I don't want to violate anybody else's confidentiality, so you're really going to have to let this one go, especially considering we've already been through this multiple times.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2016, 10:41:01 AM »

I asked him if he received any of the PMs from Andrew Doe in regards to Melinda, because of another PM I received from a different person. And no, I'm not going into any more detail because I don't want to violate anybody else's confidentiality, so you're really going to have to let this one go, especially considering we've already been through this multiple times.

I see.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »

Hi Cam, we've covered this in another thread. If the person disseminating the information is not claiming that it's true, it's not libel. But if they did claim it's true, it can be.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »

Now I'm going to get serious on the mods:
Why do I only get sporadic notifications in my email for PMs? Huh? What's that about? I think you're biased.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: May 28, 2016, 03:30:57 PM »

Now I'm going to get serious on the mods:
Why do I only get sporadic notifications in my email for PMs? Huh? What's that about? I think you're biased.

LOL

Seriously,  though, that's a bug...just like i don't get reported posts

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: