-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Conspiracy Theories You Believe In
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In  (Read 23058 times)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »

In the quotes used, I never remember reading anywhere where Brian used the word witchcraft and ghoulish. Did he ever say that stuff or this sh*t all made up BS?
"witchcraft" is from a goofy Brian quote from Nick Kent.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 02:40:26 PM »

I am cardboard.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:50:01 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »

Looks like your opinion no longer matters either, RR.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »

bacon question got bacon answer.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:53:35 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2016, 03:18:21 PM »

I've heard that, but doubt it's a Catholic belief. Contrary to popular opinion, Catholicism has tended to be (relatively) science-friendly in recent decades. But fundamentalist Protestants certainly have all kinds of nonsensical and obviously inaccurate ideas about the history of the earth and life on it.

The Catholic Church officially has no problems with Evolution. A Catholic priest was the one who formulated the Big Bang Theory

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »

but he also doesn't like bacon, so I'm not sure what's up with that guy.

Shocked

Well if he doesn't like bacon, I'd say his credibility is questionable at best. 

Must be one of them "reptilian" people! LOL
Did I miss sth.? Why such reaction to disliking bacon? If you like it, doesn't mean everybody else have to. I hate bacon, ice cream etc. So what? Tastes differ.

There has been a "cult" of bacon in recent years in the USA. It's added to things everywhere, people talk about how great it is, it's added to strange things (including ice cream, for example). But TRBB's joke is about the idiotic conspiracy theory mentioned earlier in this thread that some people think Jews are reptiles. No bacon. Jews. Make sense?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2016, 03:39:54 PM »

It's like joking with a piece of cardboard.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2016, 03:52:32 PM »

I've heard that, but doubt it's a Catholic belief. Contrary to popular opinion, Catholicism has tended to be (relatively) science-friendly in recent decades. But fundamentalist Protestants certainly have all kinds of nonsensical and obviously inaccurate ideas about the history of the earth and life on it.

The Catholic Church officially has no problems with Evolution.

Right, that was my point. I assume the reason people think otherwise is because they're a centralized, wealthy entity (as opposed to protestantism, which is so spread out across denomination after denomination) with some very unpopular positions on things like birth control and gay marriage. But yeah, on the big bang, on evolution, they're realistic. The religion of my youth? Not so much.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »

Looks like your opinion no longer matters either, RR.

RR is confirmed reptilian member of the Knights Templar on a mission to raise Satan and Joan Rivers to rule the world as a metrosexual dictatorship.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2016, 04:03:50 PM »

OK, got it re: "bacon". 2Mr. Waves - yes, humor is not my strong suit. But in this case, I didn't know about bacon being such popular dish in the U.S. I thought it's steak.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »

OK, got it re: "bacon". 2Mr. Waves - yes, humor is not my strong suit. But in this case, I didn't know about bacon being such popular dish in the U.S. I thought it's steak.
OK, got it re: "bacon". 2Mr. Waves - yes, humor is not my strong suit. But in this case, I didn't know about bacon being such popular dish in the U.S. I thought it' s steak.
We love all meats here in America. Me, I'm partial to any and all types of sausage. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »

but he also doesn't like bacon, so I'm not sure what's up with that guy.

Shocked

Well if he doesn't like bacon, I'd say his credibility is questionable at best. 

Must be one of them "reptilian" people! LOL
Did I miss sth.? Why such reaction to disliking bacon? If you like it, doesn't mean everybody else have to. I hate bacon, ice cream etc. So what? Tastes differ.

There has been a "cult" of bacon in recent years in the USA. It's added to things everywhere, people talk about how great it is, it's added to strange things (including ice cream, for example). But TRBB's joke is about the idiotic conspiracy theory mentioned earlier in this thread that some people think Jews are reptiles. No bacon. Jews. Make sense?
I object. I have loved bacon since I was a child. Who hasn't?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2016, 09:36:05 PM »

Who hasn't?
I asked some yankees - 1 said they like bacon, 2 others don't. It's a big country, I'm sure there & around live people with aversion to it.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »

2Mr. Waves - yes, humor is not my strong suit.

Well, I probably shouldn't have said that, but I do think you have a tendency to take things too seriously.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2016, 11:43:30 PM »

They were funnin' witcha. Prolly cause ya called em yankees.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:09:02 AM by Emily » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2016, 12:30:31 AM »

They don't read this board so I doubt they were having fun with that. & afaik, yankees isn't offensive to Americans. Same as British-limeys etc. Btw, aren't you vegetarian?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:32:51 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »

Really, no one believes any conspiracies? Do anyone know anyone that does?
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »

They don't read this board so I doubt they were having fun with that. & afaik, yankees isn't offensive to Americans. Same as British-limeys etc. Btw, aren't you vegetarian?

If someone called me a "Yankee" it wouldn't offend me. However, to lots of Southern U.S. neighbors of mine, "Yankee" would be the ultimate insult!  Grin

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2016, 10:43:34 AM »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:23:18 AM by sockittome » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »

Dogs and cats have conspired to turn humans into their slaves.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »

Dogs and cats have conspired to turn humans into their slaves.

Does this mean...DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER?!? Mass hysteria!

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »

There are gremlins that sneak into my guitar cases and tie knots into my cables after I have them wrapped perfectly and packed for the next use. Happens to my mic cables too. I see it on a daily basis. What can I do to get them to stop bothering me and tangling up my cables, can I pay them to leave my cables alone and bother someone else?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2016, 11:01:15 AM »

If someone called me a "Yankee" it wouldn't offend me. However, to lots of Southern U.S. neighbors of mine, "Yankee" would be the ultimate insult!  Grin

I'd assume it was a southerner speaking, and probably not complimenting me. I've never heard anyone call anyone a yankee unless a) the person was talking about the baseball team or b) it was my idiot Alabama cousin, whom I once observed trying to "count how many yankees is in my driveway" when my family tumbled out of the station wagon on a vacation visiting his. (For the record, it was his father's driveway, not his--though he was unemployed and still lived there despite being well into his 20s, having quit or been booted from the service during basic training--and he didn't get to the final tally of yankees. It was six. Quite a guy, that cousin.)

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »

Really, no one believes any conspiracies? Do anyone know anyone that does?

My conservative family more or less believes climate change is a conspiracy theory, or (at their most charitable) that it might be sort-of real but certainly not affected by humankind.

One of my friends believes 9/11 was orchestrated by the Bush administration, that FDR very intentionally allowed Pearl Harbor to be attacked so he could enter the war, and that Oswald didn't act alone. (I don't recall who he thinks was behind the assassination, though.)

Oh, and I have an idiotic uncle--but not the father of the aforementioned idiotic Alabaman cousin--who believes basically every single moronic anti-Obama/anti-liberal/anti-Democratic/etc conspiracy theory any crackpot website posts.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »

That the NBA draft is rigged. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: