-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Conspiracy Theories You Believe In
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories You Believe In  (Read 23062 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 09:18:32 AM »

Not about the theory itself, but probably the most classic reaction to a conspiracy theorist was when Buzz Aldrin - former Air Force F-86 fighter pilot who flew over 60 missions in Korea, who holds a doctorate in engineering, and who also happened to walk on the moon - delivered a right hook to the jaw of this gadfly faked-moon-landing conspiracy theorist after he reached his limit with this clown carrying a Bible and asking Aldrin to swear on it that he lied about the moon landings. And there is video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k

Down goes the conspiracy nut.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »

Multiple people going back the decade or so that private messaging on Beach Boys related forums became available. You should have seen the photos of rotting corpses that were sent around by an angry member...actually that happened several times on several boards, if I recall.

Those pictures were posted publicly on here...I remember it well because I never banned a member so fast in my entire time as a mod.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 09:59:43 AM »

You mean that if you say something remotely negative about a song or album that Brian Wilson had anything to do with, then you're not a fan, you hate Brian and Melinda, and are on Mike Love's payroll? 

That one is a constant source of amusement. 

I received a nasty PM from a member once about exactly this. Some of the Brianistas here should consider loosening the tinfoil hats a smidge. Heaven forbid if any more blood is blocked from reaching their brains. Smiley
I don't like either the Mike Love's payroll accusations nor the assertions that if you don't like Mike Love's work you can't be a Beach Boys fan. They both are forms of suppression.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »

I don't like either the Mike Love's payroll accusations nor the assertions that if you don't like Mike Love's work you can't be a Beach Boys fan. They both are forms of suppression.

I don't really care what people on here like or dislike. Others do. That's their problem. LOL

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

KDS
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 10:09:57 AM »

You mean that if you say something remotely negative about a song or album that Brian Wilson had anything to do with, then you're not a fan, you hate Brian and Melinda, and are on Mike Love's payroll? 

I received a nasty PM from a member once about exactly this. Some of the Brianistas here should consider loosening the tinfoil hats a smidge. Heaven forbid if any more blood is blocked from reaching their brains. Smiley

I'm OK with people being critical of Mike and some of his stuff.  The thing that bothers me is when people say he was a useless member of the group and try to say he made no positive contributions. 
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »

I'm OK with people being critical of Mike and some of his stuff.  The thing that bothers me is when people say he was a useless member of the group and try to say he made no positive contributions. 

There's plenty about Michael to be critical of! Lousy vocals on Keepin' the Summer Alive, Country Love (egad!), the sh*t he did with Adrian Baker...eeek. Some godawful stuff. In the hallucinations of some, everything the man did is on that level and that's not only untrue but just ridiculous.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »

I'm OK with people being critical of Mike and some of his stuff.  The thing that bothers me is when people say he was a useless member of the group and try to say he made no positive contributions.  
I feel the same way.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »

All right, guys, let's get back to conspiracy theories.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »

Jews can't be reptiles because some reptiles shed their entire skin. Shedding and/or removing one's foreskin will not lead to eternal life, guys. Antisemitic conspiracy theories are among the snarkiest and in some cases the funniest...one is often left wondering what drugs these people are on when they dream them up.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:18:07 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »

Not about the theory itself, but probably the most classic reaction to a conspiracy theorist was when Buzz Aldrin - former Air Force F-86 fighter pilot who flew over 60 missions in Korea, who holds a doctorate in engineering, and who also happened to walk on the moon - delivered a right hook to the jaw of this gadfly faked-moon-landing conspiracy theorist after he reached his limit with this clown carrying a Bible and asking Aldrin to swear on it that he lied about the moon landings. And there is video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k

Down goes the conspiracy nut.

Clearly, the footage was faked! LOL

I'd bust someone's face in if they called me a coward and a liar as well. He deserved it.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 10:25:48 AM »

It has to be incredibly surreal to have people insisting to your face that you didn't do what you clearly remember doing. One of my father's friends believes the moon landing was faked, but he also doesn't like bacon, so I'm not sure what's up with that guy.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:44 AM »

It has to be incredibly surreal to have people insisting to your face that you didn't do what you clearly remember doing. One of my father's friends believes the moon landing was faked, but he also doesn't like bacon, so I'm not sure what's up with that guy.
Shocked
KDS
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:51 AM »

Well if he doesn't like bacon, I'd say his credibility is questionable at best.  
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 10:28:59 AM »

Must be one of them "reptilian" people! LOL

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 10:35:42 AM »

Must be one of them "reptilian" people! LOL

If you ever want to lose yourself for a few hours, just search "reptilian shapeshifter" on YouTube.
Here's a good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDSPeImdaAM
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:39:31 AM by Bubs » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »

I have to admit it's enjoyable watching people flash "Illuminati" hand signs and seeing people online looking for all kinds of these signs and who is flashing them. If you unfortunately happen to stumble on a YouTube video that has any of this in the comments, you'd get the impression Jay-Z and Eminem are elite members of the Illuminati who are ostensibly responsible for the direction of the world's affairs.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »

the world really is flat

This one is particularly interesting in that it seems to be quite popular nowadays.

Speaking of the flat earth theory, everyone should check this out: Neil DeGrasse Tyson Gets Into A Rap Battle With B.o.B Over Flat Earth Theory.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2016, 11:28:44 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uas5tm_78PY
 LOL LOL LOL
KDS
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »

I'm not sure if this qualifies. 

But one of my favorite Catholic beliefs (that I think has been mostly dismissed because I never heard it when I was Catholic) was that Satan put the dinosaur fossils into the ground to have people believe that the Bible was not true. 
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »

But one of my favorite Catholic beliefs (that I think has been mostly dismissed because I never heard it when I was Catholic) was that Satan put the dinosaur fossils into the ground to have people believe that the Bible was not true. 
New one for me. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
KDS
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »

New one for me. Smiley

I'd never heard about it until Alice in Chains put out an album five years ago called The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. 
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »

I've heard that, but doubt it's a Catholic belief. Contrary to popular opinion, Catholicism has tended to be (relatively) science-friendly in recent decades. But fundamentalist Protestants certainly have all kinds of nonsensical and obviously inaccurate ideas about the history of the earth and life on it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
KDS
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »

I've heard that, but doubt it's a Catholic belief. Contrary to popular opinion, Catholicism has tended to be (relatively) science-friendly in recent decades. But fundamentalist Protestants certainly have all kinds of nonsensical and obviously inaccurate ideas about the history of the earth and life on it.

Probably. 

I grew up Catholic, and I'd never heard that.....I'm not even going to call it a theory. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »

Fundamentalist creationists, I'm sure.

ay-ay-ay.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »

In the quotes used, I never remember reading anywhere where Brian used the word witchcraft and ghoulish. Did he ever say that stuff or this sh*t all made up BS?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,