-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Rules to the Sandbox Discussion
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rules to the Sandbox Discussion  (Read 8076 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2006, 10:28:36 AM »

Too many times I've seen people attacked because of unpopular ideas or beliefs.

Like racism and sexism?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:07:01 AM by Joe- » Logged

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »

Just want to point this out for ya, Ian.

I get bored pretty much every time I visit.

I start serious dialogues when I see something amiss. I haven't strted anything out of the blue, for no reason. Anyone can attest to that. If I have a beef, I state it, if someone engages me in it, I'll continue the conversation, that's all. No hidden motivations. My feelings about past things on this board are common knowledge. What's to hide?

I am a reactor, more about response than actions. You have decided the course of any contact we have had.

Also, what happened with not resurrecting old problems? Or did I just dream that? And if you get bored everytime you come here, then why do you visit the board? Is it because you are infact trying to instigate a fight? Come on Ian, let us have it! That quote up there, your words! Back em up.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 10:55:09 AM »

Also, what happened with not resurrecting old problems?

I didn't. Charles did.

Or did I just dream that?

Wit yer dick in yer hand.

And if you get bored everytime you come here, then why do you visit the board?

Once you catch a few seconds of Survivor, it's hard to turn off the TV, ya know?

Is it because you are infact trying to instigate a fight?

Nope, but when some skull of Richard says something that really bugs me, I'll say it. Then I'm done with it, until whoever it is starts a fight. If you start a fight with me, I ain't gonna back down, Simple as that.

Come on Ian, let us have it!

You couldn't handle it.

That quote up there, your words!

Read em, love em, recite em and send money to me in envelopes. Tens and twenties, preferably.

Back em up.

I back up the eighteen-wheeler and tear down the rusty shack frequently.

Anyway, as I told Chuck in PM, I agree with him, if I think this place sucks so hard, I'll do something about it and be the true believer and scholar I am in the regular sections of the board. Look for me round these parts, but not the 'Box so much. Dig my smiling face.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 10:57:12 AM by I. Spaceman » Logged

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:56:18 AM »

Skull of Richard?Huh What the hell? At least change it to Skull of Charles!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 11:00:37 AM »

Heh. I added that word filter yesterday. Dick=Richard    and    Head=skull

Figured it'd be funny, and at least is in English.  LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 11:06:14 AM »

LOL

You're so clever, Ian! Nobody here started a fight with you buddy-boy, Charles was just reiterating some points and you're starting sh*t again! It's typical fandom...you just love us dont ya Ian? You love us so much that you can't resist to come here and see what we're up to. That's ok, we sort of love you too, only when you're not being such a dick. Pretty soon you can start your own Sandbox gossip column! :D

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 11:18:26 AM by Joe- » Logged

--
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 11:24:35 AM »

You're so clever, Ian!

First correct thing you've said.

Nobody here started a fight with you buddy-boy,

I was called out by Charles, and you. That's a fight.

Charles was just reiterating some points and you're starting merda again!

The points were wrong. I'll start whatever I want. Don't like it? Ban me, numbskull. I'll be back eventually anyway.

It's typical fandom...you just love us dont ya Ian?

My realtionship to this place far outlives your involvement or usefulness. Charles runs this board in a typical Republican administration fashion. he calls the shots and appoints a dumb figurehead president to "be in charge". You're that figurehead, congratulations. I'll be around well after you have three dumb kids, Joe. I've been around long before you. So stop trying to convince me your existence means anything whatsoever. You're a bug on my windshield.

You love us so much that you can't resist to come here and see what we're up to.

I have friends here, and I used to love this board, sure. before you were here. See above.

That's ok, we sort of love you too, only when you're not being such a dick.

Yep, no changes, none whatsoever. That's me, that's you, jump off a bridge, get married, whatever. Makes no difference to the world.

Pretty soon you can start your own Sandbox gossip column!

First headline:
"Joe: The stupidest moderator ever?"

Ahh, hypocrisy...I love it when people are all talk.

Test me, Head of Charles.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 11:38:13 AM »

Teehee, this is so much fun!

First correct thing you've said.

Sarcasm, but you obviously knew that! Smiley

I was called out by Charles, and you. That's a fight.

I called you out? Please, show me!!! Before you claim such things, make sure you have the evidence to back up your claim. Please, show me before you go any further.

The points were wrong. I'll start whatever I want. Don't like it? Ban me, numbskull. I'll be back eventually anyway.

LOL Like a good obedient puppy! That's so freaking adorable, Ian! Ofcourse you will be back, because you have nothing better to do!

My realtionship to this place far outlives your involvement or usefulness. Charles runs this board in a typical Republican administration fashion. he calls the shots and appoints a dumb figurehead president to "be in charge". You're that figurehead, congratulations. I'll be around well after you have three dumb kids, Joe. I've been around long before you. So stop trying to convince me your existence means anything whatsoever. You're a bug on my windshield.

LOL You're admitting to the fact that you'll never become anything in your life. You'll always be that kid behind your computer on messageboards and mailing lists. I'll eventually move on and do something with myself, while you'l be 46, no life, no friends, with a blazing fast internet connection to keep up with your posts and replies! You have it all figured out for yourself, and for that I commend you. I hope your future years of internet bullying and useless banter makes you as happy as you aim to be.

I have friends here, and I used to love this board, sure. before you were here. See above.

AWWWWWWW! Its because of your friends on the messageboard! No wonder you're so adament about making a presence on here. Its not because you're trying to cause a ruckus, you're just trying to impress your E-friends.

First headline:
"Joe: The stupidest moderator ever?"

Awww, stop it! You're making me blush.

Test me, Head of Charles.

Well, lets see, you claim that youre a 'reactor' that youre about response and not actions. You claim that you dont start anything out of the blue, right? I mean, thats what you said. So when Charles comes here and just reiterates some points, not trying to start a fight, you come in and instigate. YOURE the one whos calling people out, not us. If its THAT important to you, you know the rules...just private message Charles. But instead, you call him out on here, in the public forum? Why? Oh thats right, because youre a hypocrite. You claims such things but you dont follow through.

Text book case, and dont worry. This is my last reply to this. Say what you want, I'll just abuse my powers and delete it. Mwhahahahaha!

--
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 11:42:23 AM »

I really want to see proof where Charles and I called you out here. Once you do, Ill end the whole argument. Seriously, before you go off and change the subject or argue other points I made, the first thing I want to see is where we called you out.

Im posting again because its THAT important to me. LOL

--
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 11:46:02 AM »

Sounds like, not only does Ian disagree with my opinion, he disagrees with  Joe's "Sandbox rules:"

Heated debates are welcome, but please keep to the point of the subject matter and don't ever get personal.

Ian, seriously, since this simple rule isn't to your liking, how should Joe and Billy run the place?

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »

Ian, can I make one comment here?

In this particular round of debating going on, there have been NO instances of racism or sexism.  I understand that you thought that Rerun's joke was racist, but by now that has been debunked.  No one has currently been spouting off garbage.  So what point exactly are you trying to make here?  We know you don't like Chuck or the way the board here is run, and usually you are trying make sure that the priorities that matter to you are upheld.  But frankly I don't see any attack on those priorities in the last few days.  Why not just say you misunderstood Rerun, you still don't like him, and let's go on with life?  If you see an instance of racism or sexism in times to come, that will be the time to push forward with this debate, but right now, what are you accomplishing here?  I know I am lost as to the significance.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 11:58:35 AM »

Jeff, I am lost too.

I really want to see proof where Charles and I called you out here. Once you do, Ill end the whole argument. Seriously, before you go off and change the subject or argue other points I made, the first thing I want to see is where we called you out.

Im posting again because its THAT important to me. LOL

Sorry, Joe, but I did say the next person who started anything was going to get a suspension.So you gotta wait a week for your answer.  Grin That's because of:

I'll start whatever I want. Don't like it? Ban me, numbskull. I'll be back eventually anyway.

Goddammit Ian...I've sided with you on just about everything here, and you had to keep at it. I didn't want to give you a 7-day suspension, but since I laid down the law previously, I gotta stick to my word.

Since this comes from *me*, not Joe, and certainly not Charles, you should know (you'd better know) that this is nothing personal. Sorry, bud...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:06:58 PM by Joe- » Logged

--
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »

Good catch; that's exactly why I went ahead and did it.

As for trying to reason with him, well...

LOL...internet=serious business...visit 4chan much?  LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 12:13:45 PM »

Anyway, this is going to be pinned, as rules are very important.

Something like that anyway.

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »

BTW, I need to correct myself.  Previously I was absolutely wrong when I said Ian asked me to unban him from this board, or else he would leave and take others with him.

What I realized this afternoon is that he was already unbanned, EXCEPT for the Sandbox.  He had said then, and has said several times since then, that the Sandbox should be abolished.  So I allowed him entry to all the other parts of the board, except for here.  I figured, if he hated this part of the board so much, why would he object to not seeing it?  When I explained my reasoning, I was advised I was possibly a "sociopathic."

BTW, whatever happened to Jeff Treadway?  And Mike Thornton?

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »

Good question. I wonder too.

As for the other stuff...just let it be. It's done.

edit...

Newest member: Jeff Treadway.

My God you are psychic...

I don't know Jeff at all, but I just think its funny that you mentioned him and now he's here. Quick! What are the winning lotto numbers for Wednesday?  Grin
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 06:11:12 PM by Dirty Water » Logged

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 11:33:04 AM »

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:14:29 AM by donald » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 12:05:37 PM »

Yeah, can't complain to that.

--
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 07:09:30 PM »

Well....i can.  I'm getting a little tired of coming across pictures of scantily clad models, or open-mouthed girls, in a thread that has nothing to do with sex.  I would appreciate not having to see this without warning, frankly.  Please, Donald - or anybody else who posts this sort of picture - let me know so i don't have to happen across these pictures.  I don't want to see them.  Nothing personal, you understand...i'm just not interested.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 07:44:05 PM »

He was just trying to lighten up the mood around these parts. Sorry it made you upset though, Im sure it wasnt done intentionally.

This just further proves no matter how hard you try, you cant please everybody.

Afro

--
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 07:58:39 PM »

Well....i can.  I'm getting a little tired of coming across pictures of scantily clad models, or open-mouthed girls, in a thread that has nothing to do with sex.  I would appreciate not having to see this without warning, frankly.  Please, Donald - or anybody else who posts this sort of picture - let me know so i don't have to happen across these pictures.  I don't want to see them.  Nothing personal, you understand...i'm just not interested.

She has a point, guys. Replace the women with a guy in speedos and I guarantee there'll be a few complaints, so yeah...

I'm happily married to a wonderful beautiful woman, so I just scroll down, but I can see why some may take offense.

Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »

I'm not upset, Joe...i AM a grown-up, after all...i just would like the option of seeing or not seeing these pictures.  A little warning.  A thread for pictures of beautiful women in sexy poses.  Something that tells me that there's about to be a picture that has nothing to do with the thread - or that the thread contains such pictures. "Let's Go to Heaven in My Car," for instance, is not a thread that is titled in such a way that i'll know what i'm going to see when i open it...and that is my objection.  Not the content - the lack of warning.

I know Donald isn't trying to upset or offend - it's not his style.  He likes the pictures - no problem.  But how about keeping them in well-labeled threads?

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »

Standards must be upheld

Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 08:25:11 PM »

HAHAHAHA!  Yes!!  Dog in a suit!  Now we're talking...

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: