-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:32:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What's your least favorite condiment?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's your least favorite condiment?  (Read 11000 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2016, 08:42:15 PM »

I have some controversial picks.

In third place is ketchup. To be fair, it has has some uses: you can put them on french fries, and... uh... that might be it. Just potato-related stuff, I think. If you put it on anything else, you're wrong. I have memories of being a mere scamp, sitting poolside, and scraping ketchup off a hot dog with a napkin. Some ne'er-do-well put it on all the hot dogs they brought. Throughout the years afterward, I've had countless arguments with a friend, who I once deemed "hot dog Satan" because he relentlessly applied ketchup to his hot dog. I don't eat hot dogs anymore, but I still scoff at those who use it.

The runner-up is steak sauce. If you're eating a steak that needs steak sauce, just stop eating it, and throw it away.

In first place is ranch dressing. Ranch dressing is like training wheels: once you reach a certain age, you gotta stop. That's beginner's sh*t. It's time to move on to red wine vinaigrette or Italian dressing or something that isn't ranch dressing. If you dip your pizza in it, you disgust me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:53:29 PM by Bubs » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:51:16 PM »

Wow...mark the day on the calendar, as I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!

Ketchup on burgers make me want to punt kittens in anger

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »

Ketchup is what I'm used to. It's cheap & goes well with any food. I didn't visit many cafes & restaurants to taste various exotic unique dishes with condiments. Mustard is good but only with meat bits.
The worst is mayonnaise: plain, sour milk, with olive oil, made of quail eggs. Yuckety yuck.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »

I love mayo with my fries

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »

Redaction. police
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 09:41:04 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »

Oh, I saw it. Mashed potatoes on pizza.

I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 10:43:11 PM »

Tastes differ. If bake pizza, every ingredient gets crispy, mashed potatoes too. Edit because 1) it was pizza talk in condiments thread; 2) I said before definition of perfect pizza. it's old news.

KDS
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 05:16:49 AM »

I like ketchup.  The only use of ketchup that makes me cringe is when somebody puts it on steak.  I was at a Super Bowl party at a bar once, and they brought out small cuts of filet mignon during halftime.  And I saw somebody drown their piece in ketchup.  I almost cried. 

For me, it's blue cheese dressing.  It tastes OK at first, but then you get that awful moldy aftertaste.  I once had a buffalo chicken wrap that was soaked in blue cheese sauce, and I almost threw up at the table.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 06:38:09 AM »

Sauerkraut.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:42:17 AM »

When my steak is over cooked I'll use condiments to make it more palatable.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:42:46 AM by Emily » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:29:58 AM »

Ketchup is what I'm used to. It's cheap & goes well with any food. I didn't visit many cafes & restaurants to taste various exotic unique dishes with condiments. Mustard is good but only with meat bits.
The worst is mayonnaise: plain, sour milk, with olive oil, made of quail eggs. Yuckety yuck.

Feel the same way about mayo. It made me feel ill as a kid, but now put a very thin layer on a turkey sandwich or turkey club. I have to turn away from people slathering on gobs of the stuff.  Thud

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »

I like catsup, mustard and mayonnaise, but only lightly spread on whatever I am eating. As a kid, I always ate "Wish" sandwiches. Called such as it was only mayonnaise spread between 2 slices of bread. Wishing I only had something to lay in between. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
KDS
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 08:10:31 AM »

Sauerkraut.

I'm with you on sauerkraut.  That makes me a bad German. 

But I like the smell.  Reminds me of the holidays. 
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 11:02:43 AM »

New Mexico green chili is my favorite. I hate peanut butter and catsup.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:04:11 AM by Peter Reum » Logged

If it runs amuck, call the duck
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »

Sauerkraut.

Y'know, I was really starting to warm up to sauerkraut. I possibly started too get too cocky about it, and I ordered a sauerkraut dog from Wienerschnitzel.

I've haven't gone near the stuff since.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »

Mustard makes me gag. Especially that ungodly smell...

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 03:17:06 AM »

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 07:19:07 AM »

Is sauerkraut a condiment?  I supposed it is.  I don't really care because I do not like it.  I also do not like pickle relish, although I do force myself to eat it when I have a Chicago style dog.  Same with mustard.  I do like ketchup on fries or maybe a burger.  I used to put it on hot dogs or bratwursts when I was younger, but no longer.  My girlfriend puts it on scrambled eggs.  No, thank you, please.  Mayo (not Miracle Whip) is okay in small amounts.  I love salsa or pico de gallo.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »

I have some controversial picks.

In third place is ketchup. To be fair, it has has some uses: you can put them on french fries, and... uh... that might be it. Just potato-related stuff, I think. If you put it on anything else, you're wrong. I have memories of being a mere scamp, sitting poolside, and scraping ketchup off a hot dog with a napkin. Some ne'er-do-well put it on all the hot dogs they brought. Throughout the years afterward, I've had countless arguments with a friend, who I once deemed "hot dog Satan" because he relentlessly applied ketchup to his hot dog. I don't eat hot dogs anymore, but I still scoff at those who use it.

The runner-up is steak sauce. If you're eating a steak that needs steak sauce, just stop eating it, and throw it away.

In first place is ranch dressing. Ranch dressing is like training wheels: once you reach a certain age, you gotta stop. That's beginner's sh*t. It's time to move on to red wine vinaigrette or Italian dressing or something that isn't ranch dressing. If you dip your pizza in it, you disgust me.

Agreed with 2 and 3. However I love ketchup on hamburgers.

Probably my most least favorite condiment is horseradish sauce. Some people love this stuff, I just can't get into it.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »

Is sauerkraut a condiment?  I supposed it is.  I don't really care because I do not like it.  I also do not like pickle relish, although I do force myself to eat it when I have a Chicago style dog.  Same with mustard.  I do like ketchup on fries or maybe a burger.  I used to put it on hot dogs or bratwursts when I was younger, but no longer.  My girlfriend puts it on scrambled eggs.  No, thank you, please.  Mayo (not Miracle Whip) is okay in small amounts.  I love salsa or pico de gallo.
Well, we may not be in sync on analogies, but we are on condiments.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »

Don't like any cheesy dressing. Ranch dressing? Yuck.

Strange, I like pickles, but not on hamburgers. However, do like a little relish on hot dogs.
Hate yellow mustard - think the color turns me off. But like what we call "creole mustard" down here, brown, coarse, spicy mustard.

Have never liked ketchup on hamburgers or, horror, hot dogs.

Like salsa, sauerkraut (in small amounts), and especially olive salad (used in our local mufaletta sandwiches, and a good topping for other salads/sandwiches as well).

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »

Well, we may not be in sync on analogies, but we are on condiments.

Common ground.  Wink
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »

Oh my, can't believe that I forgot the most important condiment - hot sauce!

Love the Tabasco brand green sauce. Great on scrambled eggs.
Crystal brand hot sauce is great in gumbos, red beans and rice and other bean dishes. Not too hot, with a lot of flavor.
Tabasco hot sauce is okay but not so flavorful.

Don't like hot sauce that's so hot that it has no flavor and overpowers the dish.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »

Pickle relish, ranch dressing, salsa etc. - I'd like to degustate them. ketchup and mustard barring, the shops don't sell anything.

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 07:23:09 PM »

Nayonaise, the vegan mayo.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: