-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Billy the Mod
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Billy the Mod  (Read 23516 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 12:34:11 AM »

It's ok, Jay,  you've helped in other ways and for that I'm eternally grateful!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 07:03:50 AM »

Hey, thanks for the added contributions, folks! So hard to pay attention to yesterday's news, but in reality this isn't something that was fixed the day it was posted.
Billy's got limited time to get his current situation sorted so he can stay in his place until he moves. Let's help his family and say 'thanks' for the work he does here!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »

Got the money...and they're evicting us anyway unless we come up with NEXT month's rent too, before 2 June.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 06:18:18 PM »

Up to $1355 now...I'm just hoping all of this isn't for nothing ;(

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »

I've been spreading this link out on Facebook. Come on guys...let's kick this into high gear.  Cool

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2016, 12:03:11 PM »

Everyone, I'm so pleased that we reached the initial goal. It gives me faith in this community - the struggles among the members are like siblings fighting, but in the end we can pull together. I'm really happy and thankful.

Most of all, let's consider this a big THANK YOU to Billy.

The fundraiser is not closed and Billy's family is still struggling, as he said above, with their current residence. If they can get through this hurdle, they will be ready to move into a new situation, but that will be hard with an eviction on their record. If you haven't contributed, your contribution will still be a great help.

Thanks again!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »

I'm glad that the $1,500 goal was met.  Grin Just out of curiosity, if any more donations are made, will they show up on the page?

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2016, 11:36:24 PM »

I'm glad that the $1,500 goal was met.  Grin Just out of curiosity, if any more donations are made, will they show up on the page?
Yes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2016, 10:56:52 AM »

Up to $1550 now.

Stressing...court date is on Thursday. I'm hoping that it goes well; I mean, we have the money for the May rent, they just wouldn't accept it unless we pay June as well. I'll make sure and say *that* in court, for sure. First time we tried to pay, earleir in the month, they rejected it because we didn't have the money for the late fees or the water bill. Then when we managed to get that together, they changed the script on us.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »

Sounds like a low life slumlord to me.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2016, 11:11:45 AM »

Yeah, that's putting it mildly. Everything was cool until we got new owners; as mentioned previously when our lease it up we're moving, but we can't afford to move until then.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2016, 11:11:34 AM »

Been looking around at different apartments in the same area...either no vacancies, or rent higher than what we're paying now. Really don't want to move at all , but if we have to we want to stay in the same area. I do *not* want Jaymie to switch schools again!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »

Well, we lost the hearing today. Have 6 days to get out or pay the entire money owed (this month and next month)....i.e. one day before next payday.  Tuesday is the deadline to file an appeal, but in order to do that we have to pay twice what is owed. Alternately, we can file something called a pauper's affadavit, but we have to file by Tuesday. Part of me wants to just say f*** it but there aren't any vacancies around here, and even  if there was it still wouldn't matter because there is now an eviction on our record. I thank you guys for helping us...I just wish it would've worked out.

I am setting up another YouCaring page, but this is going to be for them in case something happens with me which is looking increasingly more likely . All I know right now is I'm this close to throwing in the towel. Thank you guys again, though, for reminding me that there are indeed a few good people in a world of evil. Thank you guys.

https://www.youcaring.com/castillofamily
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:44:36 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 09:35:30 AM »

Seems to me moving IS your best option -- especially to a jurisidiction that doesn't allow this stercus tauri.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 10:48:22 AM »

Hi all,
As you've seen above, Billy's added a link to his new campaign to help his family.
I've paid out to him about 2/3 of the first campaign and will give him the balance this weekend.
I'm going to be traveling so will be unable to manage the campaign I set up with regularity.
Thanks so much for helping! I'm so glad to know that there's so much generosity in this community to help someone in need.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:58:53 AM by Emily » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 10:55:33 AM »

Billy, don't worry too much. Stupid to say, right? How can you not? But please stay optimistic and healthy and focused. Things can be better once you get through this patch.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »

Will do so...I have no idea what the future holds, but I'm extremely grateful to have friends that care about me, and vice versa for sure.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »

Just an update...we filed the appeal, process takes about a week. Looking for another place to live...only thing that is making it hard is it's harder with an eviction on record.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »

Just an update...we filed the appeal, process takes about a week. Looking for another place to live...only thing that is making it hard is it's harder with an eviction on record.

Just do like guitarstool and twist the truth.
Tell your potential landlords you've been living with family for the last few years, so you don't have a record...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »

I hate to interrupt your regularly scheduled board meltdown, but one of our own is in a pretty rough situation. Can we all try to put aside the negativity and help out?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2016, 11:28:18 PM »

A lot has happened since my last update...

We'd been paying rent to the court while we wait on our appeal, which is this coming Monday. However, things took a turn as I began having health issues that started causing me to miss work (long story short, I'm having issues with my heart and I'm now being referred to a cardiologist to see just how bad it is). Because of this, we were unable to pay the latest payment, so I'm expecting a writ of possession to be issued soon (it may already have...I checked the mail today and there was a notice for a missed certified letter....that might be it). We were unable to find another place to live...no apartment wants to take us with an eviction on our record; in order to clear that, we have to 'settle things' with the landlord. Well, to top it all off, we're also being sued for not only back rent, but attorney fees, court costs, and 'damages' (since the complex was unable to rent out the apartment while we have been living there). As we were unable to afford movers, we're having to move everything ourselves (which is going to prove very difficult for the reason listed above) into a storage unit. Until we pay what we owe, we will not be able to get another apartment (and even afterwards it can take several months for our record to be cleared enough for us to be able to be rented to)

Thank you to everybody who has helped out and supported us (in every way, not just financially). I honestly don't know what is going to happen...if it is indeed the writ of possession, we'll have 24 hours (less, actually, and it depends on when it was issued) to vacate.

https://www.youcaring.com/my-family-579512

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2016, 06:03:31 AM »

Come on guys, one of our own needs us. Even if it's only a few dollars, it still matters and helps in the long run!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: