-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Movie I saw on TCM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Movie I saw on TCM  (Read 2761 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:51:22 PM »

Ok, this is driving me crazy. Last month when I was in the hospital I saw a movie on the Turner Classic Movies channel, back in June of this year. Unfortunately, the tv's in this hospital don't let you access info, so I couldn't find out the name of the movie or when it was made. I'm hoping somebody here can help me figure it out. It was a movie based on a Jane Austen book. It was an older movie in black and white. I would assume it was sometime between the 1930's or 1940's. It had an all British cast.  I didn't catch the beginning of it, so I'm a little fuzzy on some details. When I started watching it, it was during a courtroom scene. I believe two young boys were accused of stealing. There was a pretty funny scene where the people in the jury box went into a room to decide the verdict, and came right out the other door in one fluid motion, in a circle. I remember part of the plot had to do with some kind of magic stone that switched the personalities between a grown man and a little boy, so the grown man spends much of the movie acting like a child. Does anybody know what the name of this movie is? Does it sound familiar at all?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »

Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing.

I dunno...I have nothing lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:48:23 PM »

Well. I accessed the June schedule of Turner Classic Movies but couldn't get it to work. Then I googled strings of everything in your description and in the end arrived at this 1948 black-and-white movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_Versa_(1948_film)

It's also on YouTube (in sections):   

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vice+versa+1948

If this isn't it, perhaps you'll have better luck with the TCM June schedule...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 03:27:20 PM »

Vice Versa! That's it! Thank you, John k! They were having some kind of Jane Austin marathon the day I saw it, so I assumed the movie was an adaptation of one of her stories.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »

Vice Versa! That's it! Thank you, John k! They were having some kind of Jane Austin marathon the day I saw it, so I assumed the movie was an adaptation of one of her stories.

Glad I could help.

After googling Jane Austin to within an inch of her life I moved on to various permutations of the "magic stone" and "grown man/little boy" aspects. An hour in, I'd almost given up when bingo!----there it was. :=) 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »

Glad I could help.

After googling Jane Austin to within an inch of her life I moved on to various permutations of the "magic stone" and "grown man/little boy" aspects. An hour in, I'd almost given up when bingo!----there it was. :=) 
I tried to access the tcm schedule for the month of June, but it would only show the name of a few movies, which wasn't much to go on. Turns out the movie has nothing at all to do with Jane Austen.  LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: