gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:34:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where did that website with Beach Boys vocal charts go?  (Read 4125 times)
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »

Hello everybody!

Does anybody know whatever happened to that great website containing vocal transcriptions for a whole lot of Beach Boys songs?
Or does anybody perhaps have a backup of those pdfs? Smiley

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

with kind regards,

Yorick
Sjöman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »

Do you mean "OK, Everybody, Sing"? – sorry, only a very incomplete archive at the Internet Archive:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,21997.msg552203.html#msg552203

You can use the link provided by atroxi in that thread, but filter by pdf instead of mid.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:06:28 AM by Sjöman » Logged
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »

Sadly, Alan Deane, the guy who made all the charts, died a few years back and the site URL lapsed.  I have some saved, and yeah some are on the way back archive... Are you looking for something in particular?
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:33 AM »

Ah that's very sad to hear. He made some great charts and hosted a very useful website. Mostly everything that was on there would be welcome, especially the Pet Sounds material. Would you be willing to e-mail me what you still have saved? That would be greatly appreciated! My emailaddress is info@yorickvannorden.nl.

Yorick
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »

Would it be legal to gather everyone's saved files and upload them somewhere else? This was done with Francis Greene's chord charts on surfermoon.com, but maybe it's a different matter with sheet music?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »

This is a great idea-- if a few of us saved a lot, we might be able to patchwork it back together.  I don't see any reason why we couldn't post it, but I'm not a lawyer.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx