gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:20:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess I'm Dumb B side  (Read 1926 times)
MBE
« on: July 16, 2006, 11:50:56 PM »

Is That's All Right the Elvis song?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 12:22:01 AM »

I found this on the Sound Of Free site: http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/~face/bb5/index.html (go to 1965). 2 scans of the single, the B-side mentions A. (Autry) Inman as the composer.

The lyrics (I think, don’t have the single, and haven’t heard the song):
That's Alright Lyrics (Autry Inman)

I gave my heart, I gave my all
You built me up then you let me fall
You wore my ring upon your hand
But then you changed your mind.

But that's all right I looked around
And found true love.

You made me laugh, you made me cry
I wished that day that I could die
You never dreamed that by and by
I'd be glad you changed your mind.

Yes, that's all right I looked around
And found true love...

Googling further I found this: http://www.dagmar-anita-binge.de/ccd321-324.htm
Next to Hank Williams Sr., the late Autry Inman was certainly one of the most multi-talented Hillbilly artists of the 1950s. Although he played bass and steel guitar himself with Cowboy Copas and George Morgan he employed top Nashville musicians like Don Helms and (probably) Tommy Jackson & Hank Garland on this album. Inman also was a great song-writer. Several evergreens are still recorded nowadays. The duets are in the vein of the country duo Johnnie & Jack with great Dobro work. A real country classic CD and a must for every serious record collector.

The guy had hits with “Ballad Of Two Brothers” and “That’s All Right” in the fifties

More on Inman at: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7092885&pt=Robert%20Inman (a bit morbid maybe…)

To conclude: no, it’s not the Elvis song (which was written by Arthur Crudup).

EDIT: apparently the uploadfolder is full, I can't attach the picture of the b-side...sorry, but you can find it on the Sound Of Free website (mentioned above).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:28:06 AM by smile-holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 05:43:48 AM »

Thanks a lot was always curious about this.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx