gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:00:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound Opinions: Pet Sounds  (Read 1064 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »

The May 13 episode of WBEZ's Sound Opinions (Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot) focuses on Pet Sounds. Go to approx. 11 minutes for the beginning of the "dissection."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/546-the-beach-boys-pet-sounds/id94793843?i=1000368640589&mt=2

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »

Bumping this one, I was reminded of this show since I just heard that my radio station of choice WXPN 88.5 is airing this at 5pm today, even though it's from last week.

For anyone who doesn't do iTunes or hasn't listened to this yet, the full episode is now available free of charge streaming on the Sound Opinions website too. Click and listen, as mentioned it comes in at 11 minutes or so into the program. You may have to sit through talk about the Stairway/Spirit lawsuit first...

Sound Opinions usually nails it pretty much spot-on when discussing Brian's music, I'd recommend listening to this program!

Direct link to "Show 546": http://www.soundopinions.org/show/546

Enjoy!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx