gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:17:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help witch Beach Boys tattoo  (Read 7472 times)
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:21:03 AM »

Hi fellow Beach Boys fans!

I'm reading here for quite some time now, but now I finally registered because I need some help.
I'm planning a tattoo and for this I am looking for a picture of Brian, 63-65 Brian,  that shows him with his very characteristic half side smile. I searched for a while now, also in the other picture threats, but I can't seem to find the perfect photo. Maybe one of you can help me.
Thank you
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:16:12 PM by bearandmaidenfair » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »

Hi fellow Beach Boys fans!

I'm reading here for quite some time now, but now I finally registered befasse I need some help.
I'm planning a tattoo and for this I am looking for a picture of Brian, 63-65 Brian,  that shows him with his very characteristic half side smile. I searched for a while now, also in the other picture threats, but I can't seem to find the perfect photo. Maybe one of you can help me.
Thank you
I have a couple of those. I will scan my collection and get back to you.  Smiley
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 08:50:23 AM »

Thank you so much, that would be great
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:52:12 AM by bearandmaidenfair » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:07 AM »

Oi bearandmaidenfair, do any of these help? Some are from '63 and '66, though..

And a bonus picture:

angel
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »

Thanks a lot. This helps really helps me....such great pictures <3
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:09:42 AM »

I'm far from a tattoo expert, but I've been looking at *a lot* of tattoos lately (the girlfriend is considering another one), and my advice would be that unless you're dead set on getting Brian's face, I'd go with something other than a human face for a BB-related tattoo.

I've seen a lot of what are supposed to be "photo realistic" face tattoos, and it's easy for them to look kind of off, even some of the good ones. And there are also a lot of bad ones out there. I've noticed other things (animals, comic book/cartoon faces, even made-up faces like the Heath Ledger Joker, and other graphics) tend to look better and allow for a larger margin of error.

The few other BB tattoos I've seen out there (the Wild Honey stained glass bee, the Smiley Smile cabin) have come off well.

But whatever you choose, best of luck, and post some pics when it's done!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 08:45:40 AM »

Haha, no don't worry, I have a few tattoos already, and I will get a neo traditional one. Also not a human face, but something a little bit different. But thanks for your advice, I think, some realistic portraits are quite impressive, nut I would worry too much, how it may hold up...I myself am more on the "bold will hold" team.
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:35 AM »

And by the way, for me it was quite hard, too come up with a Beach Boys concept for a tattoo, the album artwork (with the exception of Wild Honey) is mostly not very inspirational and as much as I love all three Wilson brothers, it would kind of creep me out, to run around with their faces on me
But in the end, I think my artist and I came up with a fun concept 😊
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:52 AM »

Sounds intriguing! Looking forward to pictures of the finished thing. Wink
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 09:26:22 AM »

I will post a picture here...my appointment is in august
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »

Not that I'm attempting to hijack this thread or anything.....

I am also wanting a beach boys tattoo - I've been very impressed by the stained glass bee of another member and may be a copy cat but I'd rather have something original. My favourite most influential favourite album is Love You - the tapestry cover is tempting but not sure how it would work as a tattoo.

Ideas please people! - A moog? A roller skating child? An airplane flying over dots?

Lets hear your thoughts....

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »

I can tell you the ideas I had, but that I won't use
The Radiant Radish logo
A piece of brokkoli (or any other vegetable) with a banner that says "My favorite"
A Pin Up with the striped shirt on holding a surf board
The flowers from the Wild Honey cover
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:04:48 AM by bearandmaidenfair » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »

I am also wanting a beach boys tattoo - I've been very impressed by the stained glass bee of another member and may be a copy cat but I'd rather have something original. My favourite most influential favourite album is Love You - the tapestry cover is tempting but not sure how it would work as a tattoo.

Ideas please people! - A moog? A roller skating child? An airplane flying over dots?

I wouldn't be afraid of using someone else's ideas. Again, having looked a zillion tattoos over recent weeks, most any idea you think of has probably already been done, unless you start getting really weird (Brian smoking a corn cob pipe, wearing a hazmat suit, driving a bulldozer down the 405).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »

I wouldn't be afraid of using someone else's ideas. Again, having looked a zillion tattoos over recent weeks, most any idea you think of has probably already been done, unless you start getting really weird (Brian smoking a corn cob pipe, wearing a hazmat suit, driving a bulldozer down the 405).

That's the one! That's the tat for me!  LOL LOL LOL

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »

Sooo, had my tattoo done today. I freakin' love it. Unfortunetly I have no idea how to post a pic here 🤔
bearandmaidenfair
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:54:23 AM by bearandmaidenfair » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx