gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680791 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:21:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Little Something  (Read 3864 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:10:34 PM »

Any info on this track? I hear Brian on this obviously, and it sounds like the late 70s.

Who's singing with him? I keep hearing "Stan" , but I don't believe that it could be Stan love.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:13:38 PM by Dirty Water » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 11:19:34 PM »

I think - but am not sure - it dates from circa 1977-78. Other voices are possibly Rocky (sure sounds like him) and, yes, Stan Love.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:49:54 PM »

Never heard of this track what is it?
Jason
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »

It is definitely from 1977-78, participants are Brian, Dennis, Stan Love, and Rocky Pamplin. It's part of a MUCH longer tape. The tape was a run-through session for some new songs intended for Rocky to sing, since Brian obviously wanted him to be a singer in the worst possible way. Rocky sang on a 1977 version of California Feelin' featuring the Honeys and would also demo a version of To Sir, With Love earlier that year with Brian on piano. All three are to be feared.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:03:48 PM by Jason » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 02:39:16 AM »

Hmmm. Rocky's take on "CF" isn't too bad. However, "To Sir With Love" is a disaster, leading me to believe that neither he nor Brian had ever heard of the song before, and they're both sight-reading.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 03:00:03 AM »

Can anyone let the rest of us know where these tracks can be found?

“We live in divisive times.”
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 06:03:07 AM »

I really like the Rocky 'California Feeling', more than Carls version, or Brians (In the minority I know).

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 07:40:03 AM »

i hear ya matt...let alone having the american spring ladies helping on backup...though i do like bruce's on the BB version...and i love jeff and taylor's vocals on Brian's

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx