gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:23:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your spending limit for a BB rarity?  (Read 10125 times)
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »

hi Sheriff, yeah, I guess all things lead down that road eventually.  I have a lot of BB/BW goodies also that I know are invaluable.  
Some unopened, signed, rare etc etc, and like you, they are only sitting around collecting dust really, but I love that I have them.
I have a bunch of original LP's unopened, reel to reel tapes unopened, some Brian signed and Mike n Bruce signed things also.
It is probably easier to sell the collection as a whole, but if you wanna get your $$ out of your items, you need to sell them individually.
Put them in an auction or 'buy it now' or whatever, with some kind of combined shipping is always appealing.
Selling them as a whole is a loss for you, and a mega bargain for someone else.
More work, but it is financially better for you, and it establishes each item uniquely also.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:56:48 AM by bringahorseinhere? » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 05:56:43 AM »

I also paid $40 for the Brian Wilson and Friends Blu Ray from PBS, which included a Brian Wilson autograph and a copy of the 13 track NPP. 

And I'll have to buy BW & Friends again to get the CD of the show.  So, I'll likely wind up spending between $50-$60 on the BW & Friends live release. 

Received that last week… worth it for Blondie's contributions, easy, though the band sounds, if anything, over-rehearsed and (dare I say it) bored in places… god does Wild Honey just drag on and on…   Oh for a bunch of early 70s gigs in a sweat and grime embossed box!

“We live in divisive times.”
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 05:58:40 AM »

Well, it appears that a NEW copy of my holy grail slimline double sold for 500 bucks, next step up is 700+, so 159 is probably as cheap as I am likely to find it. I have pretty much made up my mind now, but saving up that amount will be very difficult, as I have a lot of fixed expenses. Basically, I blow all my income in a given month.
KDS
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »

I also paid $40 for the Brian Wilson and Friends Blu Ray from PBS, which included a Brian Wilson autograph and a copy of the 13 track NPP. 

And I'll have to buy BW & Friends again to get the CD of the show.  So, I'll likely wind up spending between $50-$60 on the BW & Friends live release. 

Received that last week… worth it for Blondie's contributions, easy, though the band sounds, if anything, over-rehearsed and (dare I say it) bored in places… god does Wild Honey just drag on and on…   Oh for a bunch of early 70s gigs in a sweat and grime embossed box!

I really think its (about to open Pandora's box here) the production.  After seeing Brian's band live twice last year and comparing it to the live DVD, the live DVD doesn't have a fraction of the energy that a show has.  The same problem exists on the C50 DVD.  The vocals sound great though. 
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 06:03:28 AM »

hi Sheriff, yeah, I guess all things lead down that road eventually.  I have a lot of BB/BW goodies also that I know are invaluable.  
Some unopened, signed, rare etc etc, and like you, they are only sitting around collecting dust really, but I love that I have them.
I have a bunch of original LP's unopened, reel to reel tapes unopened, some Brian signed and Mike n Bruce signed things also.
It is probably easier to sell the collection as a whole, but if you wanna get your $$ out of your items, you need to sell them individually.
Put them in an auction or 'buy it now' or whatever, with some kind of combined shipping is always appealing.
Selling them as a whole is a loss for you, and a mega bargain for someone else.
More work, but it is financially better for you, and it establishes each item uniquely also.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I'm not actively, but kind of passively - I got my eyes and ears open - looking for somebody who is really into ebay, somebody I can trust, and maybe offering them a fee or commission or something, and just turn the collection over to them and see what it brings. I would be monitoring the transactions, of course.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »

the thing is, you spend so much $$ on this stuff in your life, especially the rare and hard to find stuff, you don't want to 'give it away'.
you obviously have some 'goodies', and you should be compensated by the collectors out there who are willing to pay for it.
sometimes on ebay the 0.99c auctions go way more than having a 'reserve'.  go figure  Undecided
I don't know the secret of selling, as I am a wees bit off from doing that, but I hope if you get to that point, you get what you deserve financially.
I was joking about trading 'kenny' for 'SIP' of course.   LOL
One day I will be approaching the same situation.  I hope my things get to go to a good home also.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx