gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:45:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your spending limit for a BB rarity?  (Read 10127 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »

Heck even McCartney dropped an F-bomb......and it was on a song.

....and the "Jones the bar builder" joke he posted on his web site:

https://www.youtube.com/user/desperate4secretshow

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 02:06:45 PM »

Brian dropped a F bomb *during* a concert I saw in 2000, and he did so joyously and enthusiastically. "How loud can you yell?" "I said, how loud can you f***in' yell?"

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 02:41:34 PM »

I'm willing to spend whatever the price is to pre-order the next Brian or NEW Beach Boys release.  [Like there'll ever be another one of those 'grandpa chasing the little girls on the beach with dirty old uncle Mike' albums!!! Wink]  Whether I can order new material with Amazon or even if I have to wait until release day and get it at Walmart with my debit card...THAT is the price I'll pay.  But then they will only be rarities to MY ears.

I don't need a rancid bag of chips from some past promotion.  Nor do I need to own the socks Michael Edward wore to the induction [reduction] ceremony at Yawn Weiner's Hall of Shame 'do'.  To get the one and only existing Japanese version of the album which misspells the two letter name Al on the Surfin USA  back cover...which is only really interesting 'cause Al wasn't on THAT lp...is not something that attracts even a flicker of interest from me.  I'll leave all of that for YOU guys.

All I want to do is hear the music.  Songs I've never heard are of interest but they will arrive for my listening pleasure sooner or later.  When it comes to the Boys...I am all about the music...and listening to it.  I purchase a second copy only when the first one wears out.  I have 4 copies of Friends.  [2 vinyl.  2 cds.]  Compilations are ONLY of interest to me if they include previously unreleased material.  Otherwise...NO thanks.

I have some backstage passes from shows I've MC'd.  Good enough.  I was there.  I'll bet that drinkin' [and drivin'] dink Stamos has a copy of the record he attempted to sing on.  But then those are just called keepsakes.

I would be willing to spend as much as $75.00 [Canadian] for any BAND MEMBER'S wallet containing more than $800.00 [American]  I'd be willing to do that indefinitely.  The more wallets ... the merrier.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »

The bluebeard is populated by rather pantywaisted losers who are triggered by baaaaad words.

Piss up a rope.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »

My limit depends on what I want and how bad that I want it. I'd like to think that the the occasional good deal balances out with the impulsive over spend.
For example, if any reader has the original acetate single lp  of "In Concert" I'd be willing to pay into the four figure territory.  Wink
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 05:41:59 PM »

Probably the lack of a mainstream market for such stuff. We're the only types who'd ever buy it. And given how many "fans" complained about the On Tour DVD ("BRIAN, SUCH LANGUAGE! WHY MUST YOU CURSE WHILE MY KIDS WATCH YOUR DVD?!?" - no bullshit, people really bellyached on the blueboard about Brian's baaaaaad words) I doubt we'll see much more.

Seriously? 

I haven't picked up that DVD.  What did he say if I might ask? 

He casually and conversationally dropped an F-bomb at one point.

Is that moment available on YouTube?

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 07:09:54 PM »

The most I've ever spent: $300 for a mint original copy of The Kenny & The Cadets single, black vinyl.

On a good day I could probably double my money.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 11:23:09 PM »

Not gonna include box sets like SMiLE/MIC as rarities as you buy them when they come out usually.

I don't think I could bring myself to spend more than 70/80 euro on a single item like an lp or 7". The most I spent was probably on the see for miles lp version from Spring (I had the US issue already)...Sound of Free/Lady is one Id love to get sometime but not gonna pay insane price.

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 12:16:55 AM »

about 300 bux on a sealed copy of a duophonic 'surfin safari'.....
and about the same for 'SIP' on vinyl  Roll Eyes
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »

The bluebeard is populated by rather pantywaisted losers who are triggered by baaaaad words.

Piss up a rope.

Grin I think that response proves TRBB's hypothesis

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 05:41:33 AM »

£50 for a DCC Gold Pet Sounds CD.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 05:44:30 AM »

The most I've ever spent: $300 for a mint original copy of The Kenny & The Cadets single, black vinyl.

I paid $400 for the Kenny & The Cadets "Barbie/What Is A Young Girl Made Of" single (Randy Records, black vinyl, VG+) about 30 years ago. What's the best way to sell it?  
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »

Maybe, but it was a price to pay to avoid getting a bad duophonic copy from a Amazon seller that didn't know better. But you really scored with that "spring" record! Could you needle drop it for us? Cool

I suppose I could do that. Maybe the early part of next week.
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 03:50:01 PM »

I paid 120.00 way back when for the Carl Wilson Japanese Cd . Not the reissue from a few years ago, but the original release. I found his other cd in Golmine , buried in one of those large ads with the very tiny print. 35.00. Those were the days .
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 05:51:49 PM »

Piss up a rope.

Grin I think that response proves TRBB's hypothesis

I was expecting someone to prove me right; luckily our little corner of the interweb rarely disappoints. LOL

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 06:03:08 PM »

I paid $400 for the Kenny & The Cadets "Barbie/What Is A Young Girl Made Of" single (Randy Records, black vinyl, VG+) about 30 years ago. What's the best way to sell it?  

Probably ebay.  Make sure yours has a light pink label with blue ink.  Boots have white labels and black print.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 05:01:05 AM »

Probably ebay.  Make sure yours has a light pink label with blue ink.  Boots have white labels and black print.

I pulled it out of storage to check. Yes, it is original. Thanks for the info.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 05:03:00 AM »

i'll give ya a 100 bux sheriff, i'll even pay for the postage. forget about eBay, nobody looks there anymore. I'm your man  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:03:54 AM by bringahorseinhere? » Logged
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 05:04:28 AM »

i'll give ya a 100 bux sheriff, i'll even pay for the postage  Roll Eyes

LOL
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »

a sucker has to try  Grin
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 05:22:26 AM »

i'll trade you a MINT condition of 'summer in paradise' on Cd.  Now that's a bargain for YOU  Wink
beautiful artwork! plus it comes with a vocal by John Stamos! 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:23:22 AM by bringahorseinhere? » Logged
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 05:40:01 AM »

Recently paid £300 for a Rumbo French pic sleeve. I think that's the most I've paid for a Beach Boys-related record (recently, at least). If Shane or Sheriff John Stone want to sell their Kenny & The Cadets 45s, I'd be keen to make a reasonable offer. Feel free to PM.
KDS
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2016, 05:42:15 AM »

I also paid $40 for the Brian Wilson and Friends Blu Ray from PBS, which included a Brian Wilson autograph and a copy of the 13 track NPP. 

And I'll have to buy BW & Friends again to get the CD of the show.  So, I'll likely wind up spending between $50-$60 on the BW & Friends live release. 
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2016, 05:46:21 AM »

Recently paid £300 for a Rumbo French pic sleeve. I think that's the most I've paid for a Beach Boys-related record (recently, at least). If Shane or Sheriff John Stone want to sell their Kenny & The Cadets 45s, I'd be keen to make a reasonable offer. Feel free to PM.

Quite the collectable. However, I bet the US version is worth a mint!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2016, 05:48:38 AM »

i'll trade you a MINT condition of 'summer in paradise' on Cd.  Now that's a bargain for YOU  Wink
beautiful artwork! plus it comes with a vocal by John Stamos! 

Seriously, I have been thinking about selling my collection. I'm getting older, I rarely even "look" at the records (I don't play them); they're just sitting in a closet. But then, like last night, I'll pull out the collection and sentimentality sinks in. It's hard to part with it, brings back a lot of memories. I remember the time and effort it took to collect all the stuff - the letters (yes, it was long ago), phone calls, frequenting record shows, trips to the post office, and driving several miles just to look at an item. It was exciting and a lot of fun, though.

I'm apprehensive about selling the collection because I don't know how or the best way to do it. Do you sell an item at a time or the entire collection at once? I buy things on ebay but I'm apprehensive about being a seller. Plus, I'm out of touch with the collecting market. I have no idea how much old records are even going for...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx