gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680776 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 03:26:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: '73-'75 sessions box set  (Read 1896 times)
shangaijoeBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2016, 07:14:04 AM »

To me, besides the SMiLE period, it's the most fascinating and obscure period of the whole Beach Boys' history. They should really think about releasing a box set of those "lost years" of demos and unheard songs! And while we're at it, include an extra "Beachago" live album! Cool Guy

The lineup could include:

(Heard of boots, etc.)

Had To Phone Ya
My Love Lives On
Ding Dang
String Bass Song (Rainbows)
10,000 Years
Good Timin'
Holy Man
It's OK
Barnyard Blues
Battle Hymn Of The Republic
Rollin' Up To Heaven
Child Of Winter
California Feelin
Lucy Jones
River Song
Pacific Ocean Blue
Back Home
Carl's Song (=Angel Come Home)
Mike's Song (=Everyone's In Love With You)
In The Back Of My Mind (1975 version)

(Unheard stuff)

Dr Tom
Baby, I Need Your Lovin'/I'm A Man
Clangin'
Canyon Summer
Pattycake
Just An Imitation
Why Don't You Try Me ?
untitled Carl demo
Carl guitar demo
Carl moog demo
Earthquake Time
Honeycomb
Don't Let Me Go
You're Riding High On The Music
Our Life, Our Love, Our Land
Slow Blues (Dennis)
Come Go With Me
Don't Want Much, Just A Country Or Two, Maybe A Planet Before It's Through (Dennis)
Grateful Are We For Little Children
Helen Keller (Dennis)
Marble Sittin' On A Kitchen Table (Dennis)
Come To The Sunshine
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:20:20 AM »

I would love for something like this to be released.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 09:33:44 AM »

I just wonder how much of this stuff is even listenable....and how many of them are working titles of stuff that actually was released. ("Old Movie," anybody?)

Kinda like Lei'd In Hawaii. Many of us fans were dying to hear it, screaming for its release...until the two shows finally got bootlegged. Then we understood.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »

Stuff from this era would work well as bonus tracks on "Deluxe" editions of "15 Big Ones", "Love You", etc.

But considering they've *never* released a boxed set of all unreleased material from any era of the "Brother Years", and seem to have some amount of aversion to releasing a ton of that era of material even on boxed set compilations, a "1975-76" boxed set seems highly unlikely.

Even among hardcore fans, I would imagine if we could get a boxed set focusing on one or two years of unreleased material, more fans would go for "1970-71" or something like that.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 01:17:06 PM »

*cough* http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17621.0.html
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »

I don't know how much of this stuff would actually be of much real interest beyond what's already been released. I'm certainly not dying to see Lucy Jones get a wider release, let alone The Battle Hymn of the Republic. I also wouldn't be surprised if many of the titles are just that, and no recordings exist.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »

Indeed, the "Proposed Brother Bonus Tracks" seem to fall into a few categories: A few have since been released ("Sound of Free", WIBNTLA", etc.), some are very slight alternates that aren't strong enough to warrant inclusion on a standalone release but would make solid "bonus tracks" on multi-disc individual album releases (alt. mixes of "Lookin' at Tomorrow", "When Girls Get Together", some of the "Love You" alternate mixes), and some potentially very strong material.

Those "proposed bonus tracks" were just that; apparently proposals for bonus tracks that would be on individual album CD reissues. So while an alternate long version of "This Whole World" or demo of "'Til I Die" sound mind-blowing and could stand on a single or multi-disc "Rarities" set, some of that stuff was perfect for individual album reissues, where more minute mix differences could be appreciated.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx