-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Scott Bennett discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Bennett discussion thread  (Read 160930 times)
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »

The difference is in the perception people may have. Mine changes, knowing a mod here is a moderator of an Official board. Especially when this board has a very Mike vs Brian population. Again, moderating is a thankless task, and a necessary one. I certainly am not saying this creates a pro Brian bias, but it could. I dunno, it would be interesting to hear how most people feel about it.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »

The accusation being levied is that since GF is a mod on the Bloo, then he must be on Brian's payroll. A reverse twist on the "Mike's payrool"  claims levied against AGD.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »

Man, if it was only that easy...I am barely on my job's payroll these days.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2016, 05:06:05 PM »

http://www.claremoreprogress.com/news/former-member-of-brian-wilson-s-band-convicted-of-rape/article_2a4a2438-1898-11e6-9b81-abf58b6671f9.html?platform=hootsuite

Back on topic, from the Claremore (OK)  Daily Progress, here is an article written by someone who attended the trial.

Adds some 🎼 to your day
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »

The accusation being levied is that since GF is a mod on the Bloo, then he must be on Brian's payroll. A reverse twist on the "Mike's payrool"  claims levied against AGD.
Come on, just not true. It's more about how the moderator behaves there versus here. It's Brian's board there, so less is tolerated, especially of the negative variety. I think the big issue here is that Craig forces his pro-Brian stance on us, but doesn't carry that over to Mike or the rest of the guys. Mods need to be consistent. The other issue is he takes sides in arguments. For us, we are never really sure when he is being a mod Craig or a regular member Craig. If you take on the mod role, then every time you are in here you are on mod duty, hence mods shouldn't take sides.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2016, 05:17:54 PM »

The accusation being levied is that since GF is a mod on the Bloo, then he must be on Brian's payroll. A reverse twist on the "Mike's payrool"  claims levied against AGD.
Come on, just not true. It's more about how the moderator behaves there versus here. It's Brian's board there, so less is tolerated, especially of the negative variety. I think the big issue here is that Craig forces his pro-Brian stance on us, but doesn't carry that over to Mike or the rest of the guys. Mods need to be consistent. The other issue is he takes sides in arguments. For us, we are never really sure when he is being a mod Craig or a regular member Craig. If you take on the mod role, then every time you are in here you are on mod duty, hence mods shouldn't take sides.

Jason took sides all the time. Where was the outrage from your quarters there?

Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »

http://www.claremoreprogress.com/news/former-member-of-brian-wilson-s-band-convicted-of-rape/article_2a4a2438-1898-11e6-9b81-abf58b6671f9.html?platform=hootsuite

Back on topic, from the Claremore (OK)  Daily Progress, here is an article written by someone who attended the trial.

Thanks for that... so he was drinking on stage, AND took Vicodin. Certainly hope he wasn't driving or anything either.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »

The accusation being levied is that since GF is a mod on the Bloo, then he must be on Brian's payroll. A reverse twist on the "Mike's payrool"  claims levied against AGD.

Good point.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »

And Jason resigned when he knew people weren't happy with him. Look, we all have our biases. All I am asking for is to be consistent. If you are gonna be strick about Brian, then be strick about the same things with Mike, Al, etc.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: May 14, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »

And Jason resigned when he knew people weren't happy with him. Look, we all have our biases. All I am asking for is to be consistent. If you are gonna be strick about Brian, then be strick about the same things with Mike, Al, etc.

Well, sh*t, Jason called pro-Brian people sociopaths. I haven't seen GF call pro-Mike people that (nor should he)

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

Guitarfool is a great guy and even better moderator.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »

Are we really sharing conspiracy theories about the moderators of this forum?  Don't we have anything better to do?  LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »

Apparently not LOL

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »

Well Billy is secretly batman. Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »

LOL

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2016, 07:52:42 PM »

You guys need to loosen the tinfoil hats a bit...it's going to cut off whatever blood still flows to your brains.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Tab Lloyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2016, 08:52:39 PM »

Bullshit. NOBODY is immune to any criticism. I call it like I see it, always have and always will.  If it was off limits to criticize Brian, don't you think the Bubs/Dudd thread would've been shut down?

To stoke the conspiratorial fires, I believe the Bubs/Dudd thread was indeed locked a few days ago.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2016, 08:59:56 PM »

Bullshit. NOBODY is immune to any criticism. I call it like I see it, always have and always will.  If it was off limits to criticize Brian, don't you think the Bubs/Dudd thread would've been shut down?

To stoke the conspiratorial fires, I believe the Bubs/Dudd thread was indeed locked a few days ago.

Just checked and you're right.  I didn't realize it was locked.  That's very disappointing. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2016, 09:09:59 PM »

Bullshit. NOBODY is immune to any criticism. I call it like I see it, always have and always will.  If it was off limits to criticize Brian, don't you think the Bubs/Dudd thread would've been shut down?

I didn't lock it, and neither did GF.  I actually didn't know that it was locked until earlier. Gonna reopen it.

edit...

I just reopened it, and went to check the mod log to see who locked it. Sure enough...there was no indication it was locked...until 11:10 PM central time. Which is the time I re-opened it. What the actual f***?!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:12:37 PM by ♩♬ Beef Skittles ♯♫♩ » Logged

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »

Yup, without apology. Of course, it was part and parcel of being a FAN first and a moderator of a message board a very distant second. Last time I checked I also didn't ban or censure members for insulting or disagreeing with me (gotta take whatcha dish out, y'know). Your argument, I dare say, has negligible merit.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2016, 09:20:57 PM »

Yup, without apology. Of course, it was part and parcel of being a FAN first and a moderator of a message board a very distant second. Last time I checked I also didn't ban or censure members for insulting or disagreeing with me (gotta take whatcha dish out, y'know). Your argument, I dare say, has negligible merit.

Actually it has considerable merit, because GF is the same way (fan first, and also hasn't banned or censured members for insulting or disagreeing), and is catching sh*t for it when he really shouldn't be. Just because someone is a mod doesn't mean they all of a sudden stop being passionate. That was Andy's point!

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 14, 2016, 09:22:09 PM »

I misread him. My mistake.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2016, 10:39:38 PM »

I locked my thread, and I would ask that it stay that way.
Additionally, is it possible to get rid of Ognir Rrat's post? I ended my thread the way I wanted it to end.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:40:54 PM by Bubs » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:00 AM »

Ok..mystery solved
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 01:06:42 AM by ♩♬ Beef Skittles ♯♫♩ » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: