-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Scott Bennett discussion thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Bennett discussion thread  (Read 160947 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2016, 04:12:19 PM »

Apparently there is still a lot of legal stuff going on with regard to this case particularly with regards to Scott's defence so I would suggest that discussion ceases on here about the case, at least until the 14th June when the court reconvenes.

First post. Interesting...coincidence perhaps?

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »

Oh, wow. Not what I wanted to hear today.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »

I agree that is there is to be discussion about this matter it should be after June 14th,

I will write this though. IMO it is entirely inappropriate to speculate on whether Scott Bennet has behaved this way before. That surely comes close to libel.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2016, 04:35:49 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:47 PM by zatch » Logged
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2016, 04:37:11 PM »

Terrible and shocking news.

Obviously a real blow for Brian & his band, the wider circle, and Scott's now former fans/appreciators.

If anyone is so inclined, consider reaching out financially or voluntarily to local services/organisations that provide direct support or assistance to victims of rape and sexual abuse, or to agencies that work towards addressing the culture behind this horrible behaviour.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »

I agree that is there is to be discussion about this matter it should be after June 14th,

I will write this though. IMO it is entirely inappropriate to speculate on whether Scott Bennet has behaved this way before. That surely comes close to libel.

The court has made a decision so I think discussion is permitted.

Agreed on point 2 though.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »

Anyone in here going to the Bristol show on the 15th?

I am.

Bit off topic though? Smiley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »

I am in total shock, I have met Scott loads of times over the last 14 years even had a few beers with the guy (hell he has even bummed a few cigarettes off of me) all over the U.K./Europe and the U.S.A. - Feel really disappointed, saddened and to quite a degree personally let down.
Don't really know what to fucking think, however ultimately I hope Brian (and the rest of his Band, and the BB's band) have put this behind them and moved on.

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »

Yep, I will be at the Bristol gig
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2016, 05:29:49 PM »

I am.

Not really off topic. I am hoping for a report on how this news has affected the band's performance.  Sad
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »

Apparently there is still a lot of legal stuff going on with regard to this case particularly with regards to Scott's defence so I would suggest that discussion ceases on here about the case, at least until the 14th June when the court reconvenes.

Maybe Rocky has re-registered under a different name  Cool Guy

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2016, 06:00:52 PM »

Maybe Rocky has re-registered under a different name  Cool Guy

Can't be, too coherent and no  Smiley Smiley s

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »

Horrifying. To think the victim had no idea, and it was only the video that showed what happened. Sexual assault is devastatingly common. I think the statistic in the U.S. is that one in five women is sexually assaulted during college ALONE. That's a lot of rapists walking around out there. Violent criminals blend in and can seem perfectly wonderful and charming. And many rapists get away with it because authorities don't believe the victim, and/or the victim is too traumatized to tell anyone until there's no evidence left. And many victims are blamed because they wore revealing clothing or drank too much, putting the responsibility on them not to get raped, rather than the rapist not to rape.

I'm shocked about this, but sort of not shocked at the same time, sadly. My heart goes out to the victim.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2016, 06:48:15 PM »

Nothing will get in the way of my enjoyment of Brian's work with Scott. Nothing will get in the way of my enjoyment of Chuck Berry's music. Good or great artists are, alas, capable of pretty shitty stuff.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2016, 06:57:33 PM »

Disappointed big time!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2016, 07:02:51 PM »

I am.

Not really off topic. I am hoping for a report on how this news has affected the band's performance.  Sad

I think they're pros and are fine and will be fine in terms of performance. They've done the tour so far without Bennett, have done gigs in the past without him.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2016, 07:13:19 PM »

From BW.com:

What has happened between my former keyboard player Scott Bennet and the Rogers County District Court in Claremont, OK is a matter between them.
I have no further comment.
- Brian Wilson

This seems to be fairly formulaic and to the point. I'm sure there is a feeling that with Scott's attorney talking appeal, it would be impossible to say more. It would have been nice to hear some empathy for the victim, but maybe something more official is forthcoming.

This has to be absolutely devastating for Brian and his bandmates.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25:59 PM »

I...am just beyond shocked...at first I thought it was a cruel joke but then I saw the mug shot...wow. I feel dirty for loving TLOS. I took a couple of songwriting classes with his childhood best friend, who later gave me a CD that he recorded that Scott produced....I...just....yikes.

And I'll never, ever understand why people do this sh*t when too many people know who they are.

And usually I'm very innocent-until-proven-guilty, but FFS, they have him on camera being forceful with her. They have his DNA.

Good God...this....wow.....

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2016, 07:32:20 PM »

Extremely shocked and saddened... 

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2016, 07:40:08 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear Brian speak of this again. Whether one feels Brian should have to speak of any of this again is probably where it veers into sandbox territory.

But as I said, they will be fine musically without Bennett. I hope they continue to do a kickass tour and move on, and I sense they already have.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:40:48 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2016, 07:44:27 PM »

I think so. And I think Brian needs as much love and support now as he can possibly get.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »

I think (and hope) that the statement on bw.com will put the kibosh on any media inquiries.  

I hope that the victim receives all the help she needs to work through this and recover, and that it helps her to know that justice will be served. 

What the hell was he thinking?  What the hell is anyone who sexually violates another person thinking?  There is no excuse, ever, under any circumstances.

What horrible news.  I mean, we've been with this band for close to 20 years - they're like our musical family.  Even though I welcome Billy Hinsche to the fold, it's just going to be weird to not see Scott there and to know why.  For me, TLOS isn't tarnished so much as the Smile concert film.  I enjoyed watching that, but it's going to be different from now on.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:51:30 PM by Margarita » Logged

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2016, 07:55:43 PM »

Terrible stuff to read about today.  What a downer! What a way to ruin his reputation now and for the rest of his days.
This wont detract me from the listening experience of his work.  As others have said, a lot of musicians have done really terrible
things in the past also, they are still human and do really F@cked up things.  Chuck Berry, John Phillips, Sam Cooke, Rolf Harris, Johnny Cash and many
more have had their shares also.  Most of us still find a way to enjoy their gift musically.  It's also a thing we see professional artists today and they have to be more than human and be fault free than what they are. 
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »

Coming in 2028: The reissue of THAT LUCKY OLD SUN. Now with solo Brian Wilson writing credits!

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2016, 08:13:02 PM »

NOT Sam Cooke.  He was falsely accused, framed and murdered.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: