gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:15:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ‍  (Read 4799 times)
zachrwolfe
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:55 PM by zatch » Logged
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:20 PM »

I'll take that one.  Good job, and live.  When does the tour start?

You really caught the Beatles feel with this number.  I'm not too familiar with his music, but I know he is very popular in the UK.  I have a friend over there who raves about him.  I should listen to one of his albums sometimes.

Great vocals.  I love the tone of the piano.  I've been meaning to ask you about the old organ you are playing on some of the songs.  Tell us about that.  I used to know a family that had one from the thirties.  Neil Young plays one - guess you've seen that, everybody's a fan of his... 

You should stick this over in Bubbly's Middle 8 thread - then you would be on the main board.  Might help to get folks to come over here more often.  And your comment on the like button is noted.  I've seen several people mention it.  I think it works very well out on the net-world.  It's positive, and makes everybody feel good from both sides.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:51:19 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:51 PM by zatch » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 07:33:15 AM »

I raved this artist before who I found last year. "Clair" might be the sweetest song since dinosaur age. Back to vid, what you did with the song was good. I hear slight changes in the vocal dept, they sound rather jazzy. Actually, the piano chords are kind of different too. The orig. is less dissonant and you know beforehand what'll be next. Thus, well done.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:44 PM by zatch » Logged
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 10:15:24 PM »

Zach,  This continues to be one of my very favorite covers that you have done.  So this is where I'll say, the cake is on fire!

Happy Birthday!  ...the crowd throws streamers.  Have a Fun day.
                                                 the crowd throws streamers                                                                                                 the crowd throws streamers                         the crowd throws streamers
Have you got something new?  Any new requests?  You probably hate requests.  I thought of one tho, while listening to The 5th Dimension's first album, Up, Up, and Away.  They do a version of the classic Johnny River's track "Poor Side of Town."  Do you like that song?  Think about it.  You would have to decide if it fits your style, but you seem to do a lot of different types of songs.  It's  a favorite song of mine.  Reminds me of the Four Seasons when I hear Rivers do it, but the Dimension make just about everything on their first album sound like the Mamas and the Papas.  Give the song a listen and get back to me.

Stay busy, Zach.  It helps the rest of us. -Will

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:17:33 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
zachrwolfe
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 06:51:12 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:40 PM by zatch » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »

Just saw and heard this - Top-notch work as usual!

Now for a bookend to this one, how about tackling Alone Again Or by Love? I heard Calexico do that live on stage when they played before Brian's live set in Philly at 'XPN last May, it's a great, great song that I think you'd knock out of the park.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
zachrwolfe
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 10:44:02 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:32 PM by zatch » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 04:21:44 AM »

It's included in the best 200 60s songs by Pitchfork; good taste. I like its rhythm the best. Invite 2 friends who sang "Darlin'" with you. Could be interesting stack of vocals. But gather you work solo.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:27 PM by zatch » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 02:22:12 AM »

Goodness knows how I missed this first time round. Most appropriately I gave it a listen at the tail end of Christmas Day when all other folks were in bed. Zach (or zatch) does it again!

He seems to have moved on----luckily his videos are still around, although he's been quiet of late on YT as well, hopefully for no bad reason.

Anyway----thank you for the fine music, sir, and go well. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
zachrwolfe
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 02:26:13 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:24:03 PM by zatch » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:13 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:23:27 PM by zatch » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: