gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:39:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yes we love Pet Sounds, but 2017 will be the 40th anniversary of Love You!! :O  (Read 16424 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2016, 08:35:27 PM »

Syncopate it a little more! Get angry!*

*Murry was a meaniehead

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »

Syncopate it a little more! Get angry!*

*Murry was a meaniehead

Dr. Landy was kind of a jerk

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2016, 02:21:02 AM »

back to the OP, I think we would all love to see this acknowledged, but will it?
No. Why? Because it's Capitol Records, and they are too heavily drilling the behind out of the Pet Sounds stuff right now.
The Beach Boys have never been represented to their full potential post 66/67.  There is so much in their cannon they could use to dare I say, 'exploit' the band that it is disheartening when you consider what 'Columbia/Sony' have done over the years to the Bob Dylan archives, or FTD with the 'Elvis' tapes,
and look at all of the stuff the 'Stones' have had available over the years.  We still only have a couple of live DVD's of The Beach Boys available.
They still have not even released a 'complete' Capitol albums boxset.  Like Seriously?  This is one of the biggest American bands of all time.
BMG have finally done Elvis, Apple have done 'the beatles', Columbia has done 'Cash' etc etc
Damn, even the 2012 releases were incomplete and scattered.  Frustrated Fan here  Angry
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2016, 05:04:00 AM »

I'd love to see the backing tracks released in one form or another. I'll Bet He's Nice in particular! It sounds so Switched-On Bach even with the boys singing.
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

I'd love to see the backing tracks released in one form or another. I'll Bet He's Nice in particular! It sounds so Switched-On Bach even with the boys singing.

Agreed! I think it's amazing and often-overlooked how innovative Brian's use of moog synthesizers was in 77.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »

Agreed! I think it's amazing and often-overlooked how innovative Brian's use of moog synthesizers was in 77.

And even earlier than that!

But yeah, in 1977, here they were doing a proto-new wave album with a very punk DIY ethos.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2016, 09:41:37 PM »

And even earlier than that!

But yeah, in 1977, here they were doing a proto-new wave album with a very punk DIY ethos.

I  hope the album will one day get the recognition it deserves. Kanye West has been heralded for his albums 808s and Heartbreak and Yeezus, in which he isolated himself and used different instruments to develop a new sound to his music. I believe Brian was doing exactly that with these tracks...almost 50 years earlier.

I like to compare the song 'On Sight' to 'Let Us Go On This Way'...they're protest songs against the artists' former formulas and they use synths to create a familiar-but-innovative new sound to accomplish this.

On Sight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMdUsEtaS-c

Let Us Go On This Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7u_ZkA7GUY
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx