gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:42:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rascals  (Read 1580 times)
mel91679
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »

Hey everyone
Been awhile since I last posted. I was wondering if any of you went to any Rascals Once Upon A Dream concerts in 2013? Does anyone know why they have broken up since they cancelled shows at the end of 2013 and havent played since. If any of you went, did anyone purchase a book sold at the shows called The Rascals Visual Biography by Joe Russo? I am looking to buy one but cant find one anywhere. Any other stuff floating out there among collectors? Cheers everyone.
Joey
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:23:30 PM »

Hey everyone
Been awhile since I last posted. I was wondering if any of you went to any Rascals Once Upon A Dream concerts in 2013? Does anyone know why they have broken up since they cancelled shows at the end of 2013 and havent played since. If any of you went, did anyone purchase a book sold at the shows called The Rascals Visual Biography by Joe Russo? I am looking to buy one but cant find one anywhere. Any other stuff floating out there among collectors? Cheers everyone.
Joey
Didn't get to see any of the reunion shows - they never made it to the NW. I have seen Felix Cavaliere's Rascals a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been in Joe Russo's facebook page for a couple years, and nothing has really been spelled out other than there was a disagreement about what musicians were to back up the guys onstage. I'm guessing Felix wanted to use the guys from his band - he probably felt bad about them losing out on work with him during the reunion. They really waited too long to reunite anyway. They are sort of a forgotten band. There's been next to zero presence of the Rascals in recent years - no major cd projects, dvd's, books, etc. Just Felix touring with his band. Dino and Gene had their own band for awhile, the New Rascals, but I don't think they were able to get much work, although I did see them on one of those PBS specials.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »

It's a damn shame guys like this can't make a bigger dent in the music industry, I remember a couple years ago when they were doing that tour you're talking about, they were really playing it up on XM (SiriusXM, I guess)... I always listen to the 50's and 60's channels and the dj's on there were talking about the Rascals constantly. 

It's such a strange human condition we have, where many people have a yearning for good music and lament that they don't make as good music anymore, but you've got bands like the Rascals and many others who are perfectly capable of great music... and nobody listens or buys it. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:36:38 PM »

Bands like the Rascals are limited these days to the oldies channels who only play a few of their many hits, and never delve into the albums. The last time I saw Felix and his band, it was a free show at a county fair, good size crowd, and they just tore that place up! He still sounds as good as he did back in the 60's, and still plays awesome organ stuff. His band was tight, they made that music come alive. I don't care how old the songs are, the best music is timeless. Too bad Felix, Gene, Eddie and Dino didn't stay together, but I was surprised they got together at all. They had so many differences through the years.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx