gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 06:49:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reviewing Every Album  (Read 8594 times)
KDS
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 05:32:24 AM »

Brian mastered the Wall Of Sound, you've mastered the Wall Of Text  LOL. I kid, great read!

Haha, yeah! It's certainly quite a handful of text. Thanks!

Going through all the albums again, I realized there's very few places where I can hear Bruce's voice in the harmony stack. The tags of "California Girls" and "God Only Knows", "Bluebirds Over the Mountain" (his voice doing the "baby" at the end), "Add Some Music to Your Day" (his solo), ...well, that's all I can think of, other than the songs he sings lead on. He really was the phantom Beach Boy.

Yeah, I get you. In addition to the songs you mentioned, I can hear him on the tag of "I'll Bet He's Nice," the super-high part of the "columnated ruins domino" part of "Surf's Up" (I think?), and some of the ultra-high parts of the countless "Heroes and Villains" sections (I remember "Mission Pak" being pointed out as Bruce at his highest). There are a couple I'm more than likely forgetting, but even with those songs added to the list, that's a really short list! I suppose the concerts were where it was at for him in the stack, at least up until 1972.

LB,

I've been enjoying reading your reviews.  It's always nice to get fresh takes on the music. 

If I could offer one piece of constructive criticism it would be.....

Spacing, especially between paragraphs or to separate individual songs. 

Just makes it easier to read.

Smiley
Lean Back Now Listen
Smiley Smile Associate

To Wind Chimes.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 01:29:46 AM »

Brian mastered the Wall Of Sound, you've mastered the Wall Of Text  LOL. I kid, great read!

Going through all the albums again, I realized there's very few places where I can hear Bruce's voice in the harmony stack. The tags of "California Girls" and "God Only Knows", "Bluebirds Over the Mountain" (his voice doing the "baby" at the end), "Add Some Music to Your Day" (his solo), ...well, that's all I can think of, other than the songs he sings lead on. He really was the phantom Beach Boy.

Yeah, I get you. In addition to the songs you mentioned, I can hear him on the tag of "I'll Bet He's Nice," the super-high part of the "columnated ruins domino" part of "Surf's Up" (I think?), and some of the ultra-high parts of the countless "Heroes and Villains" sections (I remember "Mission Pak" being pointed out as Bruce at his highest). There are a couple I'm more than likely forgetting, but even with those songs added to the list, that's a really short list! I suppose the concerts were where it was at for him in the stack, at least up until 1972.

LB,

I've been enjoying reading your reviews.  It's always nice to get fresh takes on the music. 

Smiley

Thank you!

Yeah, I realize the spacing is pretty ugly. I typed up all of these reviews in a word processor and copy-pasted them here. When I insert them into individual album review boards, I'll tidy up the spacing and make it all look much better. That'll have to wait until June, though, since my time is pretty taken up here in Japan! I do look forward to reading through everyone else's reviews, especially since I haven't read those boards in a few years.
KDS
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 05:06:36 AM »

LB,

Smiley

Thank you!

Yeah, I realize the spacing is pretty ugly. I typed up all of these reviews in a word processor and copy-pasted them here. When I insert them into individual album review boards, I'll tidy up the spacing and make it all look much better. That'll have to wait until June, though, since my time is pretty taken up here in Japan! I do look forward to reading through everyone else's reviews, especially since I haven't read those boards in a few years.

So, you're in Japan, not "Somewhere Near Japan"?

Smiley
Lean Back Now Listen
Smiley Smile Associate

To Wind Chimes.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2016, 06:55:54 AM »

Haha, yes! Currently in Kyoto. I've been to more than a few stores that sell either records or CDs, and there has been plenty of Beach Boys representation. I've seen some crazy greatest hits compilations as well as plenty of studio albums. Multiple copies of Smiley Smile (CD) at Tower Records Kyoto-- that was cool! Of course, just lots of great music in general, and all in fantastic condition. They keep their belongings in great shape over here, yet used merchandise goes for much less than in America. The best possible scenario for me!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx