gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:48:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Levitation CANCELLED  (Read 5694 times)
zosobird
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2016, 05:03:25 PM »

All,

Just found out that Levitation in Austin this weekend is cancelled due to the crazy weather. The details are in the link below.

http://levitation-austin.com/
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/levitation-2016-has-been-cancelled-due-to-dangerous-weather-conditions/

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »

There is a small window I see according to the site.....

POTENTIAL DOWNTOWN SHOWS

We’ll be working around the clock to book as many shows as we can at inside venues in downtown Austin this weekend, so stay tuned. We expect that some artists will still be able to perform this weekend in Austin. These shows will be subject to capacity and tickets will need to be purchased separately, pursuant to each individual venue’s ticketing procedures. Tickets purchased for Levitation will NOT be honored for any subsequent shows artists play or at any other venue.

Real downer for the fans but safety has to come first.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:14:39 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 05:38:25 PM »

Am I the only person who thought this thread was about Mike Love and how he said that people could levitate with enough meditation?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 05:46:08 PM »

Am I the only person who thought this thread was about Mike Love and how he said that people could levitate with enough meditation?
LOL Yep, I thought it was about Mike Love too.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:10:05 PM »

Wasn't going anyway due to cash flow issues (read: lack of cash) but am disappointed for those who were going. That said, I understand why, cause the weather we have been having for the past month has been a motherfucker ...here in Houston we have still more thunderstorms coming tomorrow; hadn't even dried out from the last ones!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

Thats a real bummer for the people going Undecided But can I just say how relieved I am that its just cancelled because of Weather conditions rather than anything else? I worry far too much sometimes!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:43:48 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »

That said, I understand why, cause the weather we have been having for the past month has been a motherfucker ...here in Houston we have still more thunderstorms coming tomorrow; hadn't even dried out from the last ones!

Obviously just the gods making a statement about AGD's banning

Are you freaking kidding me? You know people have died here because of these storms, right?

Not funny in the least.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:02:47 PM by ♩♬ Speed Turtle ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 08:05:18 PM »

Wow. I'm really disappointed.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »

LOL Yep, I thought it was about Mike Love too.

now, now.  don't go getting near the gutter, guys.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »

That said, I understand why, cause the weather we have been having for the past month has been a motherfucker ...here in Houston we have still more thunderstorms coming tomorrow; hadn't even dried out from the last ones!

Obviously just the gods making a statement about AGD's banning

Are you freaking kidding me? You know people have died here because of these storms, right?

Not funny in the least.

Oops, Sorry Billy.  I didn't see this post before making my own joke.  I grew up in Louisiana, and know how bad these storms can get.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
skabandit22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 11:16:26 PM »

Just got in from Cleveland. Beyond disappointed. Especially since the shows in and around Ohio are all sold out.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 04:26:46 AM »

That's the problem with playing at outdoor venues, at least in the Eastern/Central part of the US.

Our JazzFest is facing some bad weather for this weekend as well. If it's really bad most of the local outdoor acts get cancelled but they try to keep the national headliners (and there are many this year) in, playing shorter sets.

Shame about Levitation - wasn't that the first PS show announced? So there would have been a lot of people coming down to see it. But this rain has been wacky this past month in the south central US. And not just the rain but lots of lightning; someone in suburban New Orleans was killed yesterday morning after being struck by lightning during flooding rains.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 07:15:46 AM »

Damn, I thought we'd talk about the Lovester's failed levitation.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 07:30:33 AM »

There is a small window I see according to the site.....

POTENTIAL DOWNTOWN SHOWS

We’ll be working around the clock to book as many shows as we can at inside venues in downtown Austin this weekend, so stay tuned. We expect that some artists will still be able to perform this weekend in Austin. These shows will be subject to capacity and tickets will need to be purchased separately, pursuant to each individual venue’s ticketing procedures. Tickets purchased for Levitation will NOT be honored for any subsequent shows artists play or at any other venue.

Real downer for the fans but safety has to come first.

I'm curious if they'll try to re-book Brian's show. I wonder if, even though Grand Prairie is a three-hour drive from Austin, they might forego booking an impromptu Austin show and advise Levitation ticket holders that are Brian fans to buy tickets to the Grand Prairie show. But I dunno how many tickets are left for that show, either.

Might be kind of a bummer if the re-booked shows simply go on sale to the general public; I wonder if there would be a way to let Levitation ticket holders at least have first crack at the re-booked shows.

Reading more into it, and I would guess it's somewhat unlikely Brian's gig will be re-booked. It looks like they're looking to book some of the other acts into clubs. Also, it was a multi-day festival apparently and so they're re-booking acts throughout the weekend. But Brian's in Grand Prairie the next day, May 1st, so they'd have a narrow window and maybe not a big enough venue to book Brian.

Then again, it would obviously be cool to see Brian do PS in a small club!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:35:06 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »

we'll head out to see, and we'll perfect our chemistry, and by and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 07:09:49 PM »

I thought about going even though I am already going to the Grand Prarie show the next day.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 07:15:15 PM »

Looks like they booked some of the indie type bands in clubs, but no Brian listed on the list of rebooked shows.

Weird there's no mention of the cancellation on Brian's FB page.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Reverberation
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »

Sucks that it was canceled but at least I got to see the Golden Dawn Thursday night. I just bought tickets for the Grand Prairie show tomorrow
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »

Al Jardine mentioned it on his FB page.

From the pictures I've seen from the ranch it's a good thing it was canceled. People could have been injured or worse with the weather that went through. And it looked like there would be no way to repair everything to get it ready for today's shows.

That nasty weather is hitting us now as I type and assume that the New Orleans JazzFest had to shut down at least for the time being. Think this nastiness will be over in an hour or so and maybe some national acts might be able to have shortened shows. A friend of mine who lives right next to the Fest was to have a BBQ in her yard then relax and listen to Stevie Wonder. Oh well, she might just have to fire up the old record player instead.

Update FYI - JazzFest has cancelled for the remainder of today.  So the ducks and geese will have the grounds for themselves to frolic in the muddy, puddly mess. Tomorrows going to be a quagmire over there!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:54:14 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx