gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:13:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Meet & Greets and contacting the touring band management  (Read 3369 times)
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:47 AM »

I have tickets for the May 14 Beach Boys show in Kansas City. The ticket I bought includes a meet & greet, but the venue has zero information. They suggested I contact the Beach Boys management and I'm hoping someone on this board can send me a private message with this information.

I'm essentially trying to figure out how early I need to get to the venue (I'm traveling quite a distance to attend the show) and what the meet & greet entails. I would love to bring my guitar already signed by Brian and Al, but, again, the venue couldn't give me any information as to whether I could bring something to get signed and/or if there were restrictions on items.

I'm hoping someone can help!?!?!?!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:29:04 PM by Marty Castillo » Logged
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »

Great question Marty...My only Meet and Greet was the C50 Cleveland show in June 2012.  Seems to me I received all the docs one week prior to the show. It was "Live Nation" I believe for the C50 tour.  The docs spoke of your timing issues.  Correct ID,  timing and where to get in line.  I do recall we couldn't get anything signed.  But at other shows I've been at, I have seen where people did get stuff signed.....Good Luck !
Shark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »

Did you buy your tickets directly through the venue?  Do you have any information on what else you get (merch, sound check, early entry, etc.)? Typically, a third party handles these meet and greets.  I've seen one that Mike and Bruce had last year and they basically came in and greeted everyone by walking the line and signing things.  Then they posed for pictures in front of a step and repeat with everyone.  More interaction than I've seen with other artist meet and greets for sure.  It wasn't the cattle call that many are.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »

I don't know any specifics about this meet and greet, but I've always found Mike and Bruce to be great about signing things.  If I were you, I'd take the guitar along.  Chances are you'll be able to get it signed one way or the other.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:18:49 AM »

If you can get down to the front of the stage or don't mind waiting at the stage door after the show, you should have no problem getting it signed.

I got Mike and Bruce's autograph on my C50 meet-n-greet photo with the help of Scott Totten, but I got David Marks' on it simply by getting to the edge of the stage for the encore, handing the photo up to Bruce who passed it on to David...then Mike intercepted and signed it a second time  Roll Eyes LOL

I picked up Al's signature on the photo by waiting outside after the venue and working my way into the center of the mob around him. Brian is the only one I still need on it...and I don't think it's going to be nearly as easy as the others. In fact, I don't even know if I'll be able to get it without buying a package.

Anyway- the one thing I would NOT do, is wait for them before the concert. I just happened to be arriving at the venue when Mike was last summer and he did not say a word to anyone. There were about a dozen people waiting to get autographs and security rushed him right in.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »

Great question Marty...My only Meet and Greet was the C50 Cleveland show in June 2012.  Seems to me I received all the docs one week prior to the show. It was "Live Nation" I believe for the C50 tour.  The docs spoke of your timing issues.  Correct ID,  timing and where to get in line.  I do recall we couldn't get anything signed.  But at other shows I've been at, I have seen where people did get stuff signed.....Good Luck !

Yes, this show is promoted by AXS. The C50 meet & greets seemed to be pretty strict and basically a photo with the guys. The meet & greet I did with Brian and Al last year was a photo and one outside item to be signed. The Mike and Bruce meet & greets I've read about generally include a photo and the ability to get something signed. I'm just trying to get clarification and the start time is critical.

Did you buy your tickets directly through the venue?  Do you have any information on what else you get (merch, sound check, early entry, etc.)? Typically, a third party handles these meet and greets.  I've seen one that Mike and Bruce had last year and they basically came in and greeted everyone by walking the line and signing things.  Then they posed for pictures in front of a step and repeat with everyone.  More interaction than I've seen with other artist meet and greets for sure.  It wasn't the cattle call that many are.

Yes, I purchased the tickets directly from the venue. Apparently, more information was provided when the tickets were initial offered for sale, but the detailed information vanished by the time I bought the ticket. My ticket has my seat location and meet & greet printed right on the ticket. I'm pretty frustrated that the venue couldn't give me any details, other than to say that I should receive an e-mail a couple of days before the concert (not an issue if I was local, but I'm coming from quite a distance).

I don't know any specifics about this meet and greet, but I've always found Mike and Bruce to be great about signing things.  If I were you, I'd take the guitar along.  Chances are you'll be able to get it signed one way or the other.

That is my understanding, too, especially Mike. My apprehension is that they state "one small item" like they did with the Brian Wilson meet & greet I attended and I had to take the pickguard off the guitar to comply with those rules. I still have the pickguard detached, but due to space limitations, I would like to get it put back on and have Mike and Bruce sign the body of the guitar.

If you can get down to the front of the stage or don't mind waiting at the stage door after the show, you should have no problem getting it signed.

I got Mike and Bruce's autograph on my C50 meet-n-greet photo with the help of Scott Totten, but I got David Marks' on it simply by getting to the edge of the stage for the encore, handing the photo up to Bruce who passed it on to David...then Mike intercepted and signed it a second time  Roll Eyes LOL

I picked up Al's signature on the photo by waiting outside after the venue and working my way into the center of the mob around him. Brian is the only one I still need on it...and I don't think it's going to be nearly as easy as the others. In fact, I don't even know if I'll be able to get it without buying a package.

Anyway- the one thing I would NOT do, is wait for them before the concert. I just happened to be arriving at the venue when Mike was last summer and he did not say a word to anyone. There were about a dozen people waiting to get autographs and security rushed him right in.

Yeah, if it was just an LP or cd jacket, I wouldn't be as concerned, but if I'm going to lug this guitar around, I want some assurances that they aren't going to balk at me bringing it in the venue. I'm fine with following the rules, again, I already have the pickguard off the guitar and could just bring that, but it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have the two of them sign the white body of the guitar. I'm all for following the rules, I just need to know what the rules are?Huh
Betty C.
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:25:30 AM »

Marty,

Email mikelovesocialmedia@gmail.com directly and they should be able to help you.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 05:46:38 AM »

Marty,

Email mikelovesocialmedia@gmail.com directly and they should be able to help you.

Thanks! I just sent an e-mail.
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »

I know I'll sound like an old fart saying this, but it meant more to me to get backstage when it was free. It is a nice tour feature now, but EXTREMELY overpriced!

If it runs amuck, call the duck
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx