-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Wine
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wine  (Read 14227 times)
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2006, 01:24:14 PM »

Any wine drinkers on here? Got any recommendations? I have a couple...

Red: Fleur du Cap - Pinotage (2002). Who knew that a GREAT Wine can come out of South Africa? Tried this wine at a special dinner last year and it was in-credible. We left with two extra bottles because it was THAT good.

White: Conundrum ( http://www.conundrumwines.com/ ) A blend of 5 grapes and it's honestly one of the most delicious whites I've ever had. Price aint too bad either!

As for the 'usual suspect' we always pick up the Marques de Caceras Reserva 2002/03 (Cab Sav). A delightful spanish wine that goes with pretty much anything. I also got to try their latest Gran Reserva and it was absolutely delicious!

Check these out if you're into wine check these out... the Marques should be easy to find. 3D

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 01:27:30 PM »

I hate the taste of wine. I do like the occasional Heiniken, Fosters, or a certain herb, but sorry dude, no wine.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »

Ahh Beer, yes! The necter of the gods...we can have a beer conversation as well...there are so many good ones, it sucks because some of em are a bit too hard to find here. Oh well!

--
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

I'm somewhat of a wino, I like Notting Hill and any wine from Chili, Bulgaria and even California is good.

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »

I can definitely dig California wines, its funny that you mention Chile. I was totally against Chilean wines because I was never a fan. Ironically, the other day I tried a Chilean Chardonney and it knocked me off my feet. Great flavor and aroma and it felt a lot stronger than other white wines.

Ive seen Notting Hill, but I havent tried it. And Ive never seen any Bulgarian wines but now that you mention it I think I'll give it a whirl.

--
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 01:41:37 PM »

Be sure to give the Bulgarian red wines a try, glad to hear you like the Chilian wine also I think South Africa and Australia are great producers of wine.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »

I have found many, many good Spanish red wines--usually various mixed-grape table wines. I find them tremendously drinkable and inexpensive. I'd also be glad to discuss beers. I'm a fucking drunk.

In fact, I'm drunk right now. Thank Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

Yes! We picked up a 12' of Summer Ale for our 4th of July festivities. I freaking LOVE Sam Adams beers...all of their specialities. Their best is definitely the Winter Lager with the Summer Ale and Octoberfest in a close second. Other beers that are great: Paulander, Blue Moon, Stella Artois, and Cusquena. Cusquena is a Peruvian beer that tastes good, is light, and high alcohol content. Good stuff.

Marques de Caceras is 9.99 (can be found for 7.99) a bottle, and it'll get the job done!

--
PeteS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

I had some great local Pinot Noir when I was in Oregon - unfortunately, I didn't catch the name of the winery it came from - although there are several in that area - Sadly haven't found any from that region over here in the Uk. I can buy Sierra Nevada at my local food store though which is my favourite beer (along with our own Marston's Pedigree!!!). Cheers!!!
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 02:07:47 PM »

I love Samuel Adams it's by far my favorite American beer next to Miller Genuine Draft.  Last night I drank a can of Old Milwaulkee, I nearly yakked!

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »

Old Mil, Pabst Ribbin, and Coors light are all fraternity beers. Cheap, easily disposible, and gets ya drunk!  Drinking Buddies

--
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »

We're talking about wine, aren't we?

But anyway, speaking of Pabst...I've found it to be hilarious that it's such a popular hipster beer. Countless horn-rimmed glasses-wearing Rivers Cuomo lookalikes gulping it down. Every bar with bands that I go to.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »

Oh, as for favorite beers: Boulevard Wheat beer is delicous.

BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

We're talking about wine, aren't we?

But anyway, speaking of Pabst...I've found it to be hilarious that it's such a popular hipster beer. Countless horn-rimmed glasses-wearing Rivers Cuomo lookalikes gulping it down. Every bar with bands that I go to.

A lot of Indie rocker types go for the crappy cheap old man beers I find.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »

LOL thats freakin hilarious...all the 'scene' hipsters here drink Miller High Life (The Champagne of Beers) before they goto any event. Its ok, but if Im gonna drink any Miller beer I'd rather it be MGD...

Luther, if you like wheat beer check out Blue Moon and Paulander, theyre freaking delicious! And, if you have one, cut up an orange and eat it while drinking your beer. Wheat beers and oranges/lemons go very well together.

--
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »

I'm awfully familiar with both. I'm afraid (and it is no boast so much as a confession) I've probably drunk everything a person could find in Minneapolis. I do like Blue Moon, by the way.

Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 05:04:18 PM »

How about a nice Lambic?  Belgium raspberry concoction that's beer-like, but fermented and fizzy...and REALLY good!!!

Regular drink = Miller lite.  Love = IPAs, nice lagers...darker ales, but i can't drink them anymore.  They're just too heavy.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »

thats freakin hilarious...all the 'scene' hipsters here drink Miller High Life (The Champagne of Beers) before they goto any event. Its ok, but if Im gonna drink any Miller beer I'd rather it be MGD...

Urrrrgh...I hate Miller.

Hell, Joe, you'd drink anything that'll get you drunk! Why, I coulda swore I heard you yammering about drinking 3 Blue Raspberry  MD 20/20s earlier!  LOL j/k

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »

Thud

--
Jason
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 07:19:31 PM »

Funnily enough, wine is the only alcohol that gives me headaches. I also don't like much of the way most wine tastes. It's just blechhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hard liquor, now let's talk about that.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 10:54:49 PM »

I can count the number of times that I've been drunk on two hands.  Cheesy

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 07:45:41 AM »

I'm a really big fan of Spanish wines, especially Riojas.  I have in my small collection now Campo Viejo, both their Crianza, a great buy at $8.99, and their Reserva.  Montecillo, their Reserva, and Grand Reserva.  Another good one that's a great buy is Faustino de Crianza.  My favorite is Torre Muga, it's a little pricey but it will remind you of a good Bordeux at twice the price.  I also like Coppola's Wines, their  Rossa is a spectacular buy at $7.99 a bottle, and their Claret is a really good Californian Cabernet.  For Beer the Micro Brews I like are Dog Fish Head the 90 Minute IPA is amazing, if you can find it on tap you must try it, also I like their Indian Brown Ale very much.  Stone Brewery's Arrogant Bastard is really good especially on Tap, Magic Hat's Blind Faith IPA, and Harpoon IPA are excellent too.  The picture in my avatar is of me and my family, in front of me is a really well poured Guinness at a local place here in the Bronx, they also feature a great Irish Ale, Smithwicks.  My favorite every day beer is Ballantine Ale it has a distintive flavor which most mass produce brews don't have, and you can feel the bite of the Cascade hops that they finish the beer with, not bad for $18.00 a case.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:06:16 PM by Mike » Logged
Jason
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 07:39:54 PM »

Congratulations. Where are my medals? I need to pin one on you for being such an accomplished alchy.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 08:00:34 PM »

http://www.freakingnews.com/entries/500/545RXaW_w.jpg
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:34:01 AM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 08:34:49 PM »

Congratulations. Where are my medals? I need to pin one on you for being such an accomplished alchy.

I think you misunderstood my post.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: