-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  "Locky" Pamplin
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Locky" Pamplin  (Read 11678 times)
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:01:03 PM »

Ok, I know that all Rocky related threads were locked down. And surely for good reason. Still, I wanted to say it was a hell of a ride for 6 months, and it was a bit like your favourite show being abruptly cancelled. You know I was hoping for the 'Goodbye' written in stones visible from the helicopter, or Suzanne Pleshette in Newhart's bed. We kinda got the 20 seconds of black at the end of The Sopranos. Banana Banana
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »

I haven't missed him even for a second.  What a buffoon!!! Roll Eyes

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:05:09 PM »

Hey, were you on WRBC?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:54:26 PM »

Hey, were you on WRBC?

Not I.  That was the American Lee Marshall...voice of Tony The Tiger...not to mention Lee working at various radio stations along the way and he was also heard via several TV outlets due to his being the announcer for AWA Wrestling for a period of time.  Sadly... he passed away April 26, 2014, He was 64 and almost 5 months in age on that date.  I'd be the Canadian version and am at the present time, about 1 1/2 months younger than the 'numbers' Lee hit.  Marshall was actually HIS first name to start....Marshall Mayer.  Marshall has always been my surname.

He'd have been at WRBC when he was just 18.  I didn't begin my career 'til I was 20.  [T'was because of my attending college.  I did campus radio when I was 19 but I don't count it as there was no salary involved]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:31:41 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 12:52:21 AM »

Not to derail the thread but... (the American) Lee Marshall started an AM oldies station in Ventura, California in the last few years of his life.  They played the most awesome mix of well-known and not-so-well-known 1950s and 60s rock and roll, R&B, and doo wop.  The whole thing seemed to be Marshall's baby, possibly his semi-retirement project.  I used to love hearing it whenever I would take a vacation to Southern California.  One of my favorite moments was pulling into the parking garage at the beach just as "Surfin' USA" hit the airwaves.  I miss that station!
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »

The interesting thing about Rocky's book thread, is that although locked for weeks, the views just keep on rising. He'll hit his 100k views soon.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »

Thats probably Rocky himself. LOL
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:30 PM »

You might be right - he might not have realised it's been locked.

“We live in divisive times.”
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 06:14:51 AM »

LOL LOL LOL "MIGHT???"  LOL LOL LOL
He thinks his computer is broken and he's been pounding on it for weeks.

You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »

LOL LOL LOL "MIGHT???"  LOL LOL LOL
He thinks his computer is broken and he's been pounding on it for weeks.
LOL LOL LOL
He tried punching the screen but that only made it worse!

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »

Just 25 more views away from that coveted 100,000! If only Rocky were here to witness it himself!

EDIT: And we did it! 100,001, I'll bring out the champagne!  Afro 3D angel Razz Cool
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:17:26 PM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 10:54:41 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »

Just 25 more views away from that coveted 100,000! If only Rocky were here to witness it himself!

EDIT: And we did it! 100,001, I'll bring out the champagne!  Afro 3D angel Razz Cool
Lol don't you mean HE did it....
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »

Lol don't you mean HE did it....
LOL

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »

Probably for the best Rocky got locked; this'll give him time to work on getting the Vice-Presidential spot at the Republican convention next month.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »

Probably for the best Rocky got locked; this'll give him time to work on getting the Vice-Presidential spot at the Republican convention next month.
I'm so glad you said that. I really needed the laugh.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:40:50 PM by Emily » Logged
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »

I googled Rocky out of the blue to see if there were any updates on his book getting released, and found out he was just inducted into his high school’s hall of fame. I got excited when I saw that the event was livestreamed, but it turns out Rocky was a no-show to the ceremony. I had to do a lot of fast-forwarding around, but in case any wants to see his induction, it’s at about 1:25:27 in this video: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/newark-memorial-high-school-newark-ca/7a4bf53f21.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »

In case any of the ladies of SmileySmile are interested  Grin

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 03:14:09 PM »

I googled Rocky out of the blue to see if there were any updates on his book getting released, and found out he was just inducted into his high school’s hall of fame. I got excited when I saw that the event was livestreamed, but it turns out Rocky was a no-show to the ceremony. I had to do a lot of fast-forwarding around, but in case any wants to see his induction, it’s at about 1:25:27 in this video: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/newark-memorial-high-school-newark-ca/7a4bf53f21.

Thanks, BD. Whatever else, it's a fascinating glimpse into another world. "Rocky ... basically ended up being a bodyguard for the group The Beach Boys" (1:29:35).   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 01:47:46 AM »

In case any of the ladies of SmileySmile are interested  Grin

Whoah. Like 99% of Locky's fb friends are women! Did he think he made an OkCupid account by mistake?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:48:59 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 05:47:14 PM »

Update from the hell that is Rocky Pamplin’s Facebook page: He claims that he signed a publishing contract for his book and that he has booked an appearance on Ellen (yeah the f*** right). Apparently the book is due in two months? We’ll see. Apparently the movie adaption is coming along as well. Fantasy land.

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 09:02:23 AM »

Ha that thread is over 150k views now,,crazy.
Rock was getting into some pretty intimate details of the Love family at the end there..was there an external request that the tread be shut down, I wonder?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: