gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680879 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:01:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson - Musical Parts (Unreleased Demos) introduced by Steve Aspin  (Read 4764 times)
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2016, 11:49:24 AM »

Hi SS! Hope you are all doing RAD!
Have you seen this dude Tim K's Youtube page?! It's filled with tons of rare BBs stuff with like no views on all the videos. You have all probably heard most of these but there are some standouts I've found, including this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVGB1UOfmT4&nohtml5=False

It's a clip of someone playing some Dennis Wilson studio segments and explaining them. It's so awesome! Who is Steve Aspin?

Here is the channel please post any other things of note that might be in there!

https://www.youtube.com/user/1atozafit/videos
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »

Hi SS! Hope you are all doing RAD!
Have you seen this dude Tim K's Youtube page?! It's filled with tons of rare BBs stuff with like no views on all the videos. You have all probably heard most of these but there are some standouts I've found, including this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVGB1UOfmT4&nohtml5=False

It's a clip of someone playing some Dennis Wilson studio segments and explaining them. It's so awesome! Who is Steve Aspin?

Here is the channel please post any other things of note that might be in there!

https://www.youtube.com/user/1atozafit/videos

Guy has an account here, neat stuff for sure.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »

Yeah great guy to be here! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »

I think Steve Aspin = Stephen Desper
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »

I think Steve Aspin = Stephen Desper

Not sure if Steve Aspin is Stephen Desper but it is Stephen on he videos i believe.  If I remember correctly, from a lecture he gave some years ago. Very cool stuff!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »

That is indeed Steve Desper. He played me that stuff back in 1985.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:40:11 AM »

That's Desper introducing the DW fragments at one of the late Les Chan's early BB conventions at the Berkeley Marina Marriott in '90 or so. The tempo is speeded-up but the sound quality's relatively good.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 06:17:53 AM »

Tim K's stuff (aka The_Beach on this board) on YouTube is neat.  There is more discussion of his YouTube channel over in the Media section of this board.  There are a number of factual errors in the descriptions (i.e. "Steve Desper" being misheard as "Steve Aspin") where someone with a rudimentary knowledge of Beach Boys history should know better, but Tim is usually quick to correct them if pointed out in the YouTube comments.

Lee
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:14:29 PM by LeeDempsey » Logged
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 07:48:53 AM »

Video is no longer accessible. Brother Records has intervened! Cry
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:41 AM »

f***... i snitched... sorry The_Beach Sad
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »

f***... i snitched... sorry The_Beach Sad

Maybe SWD intervened!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »

Video is no longer accessible. Brother Records has intervened! Cry

Hopefully this is just a sign that the material is being shepherded carefully in consideration of imminent release. Yeah, that's the ticket!

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »

Hi Thank you for all of the kind words!  Cheesy I have been posting some extra rarities the past few days that I hope all you guys check out! Yes Brothers records blocked this video and another Dennis Wilson video the same day when this got posted (I doubt it is a coincidence since that video was up for about a half year)   but the good side of that is Brother Records must watch these boards and consider what we want released of the Beach Boys! Maybe we can get Brother Records to released some goodies in the vaults if they see how much we want it and keep talking about it! If all the stuff had been released I would have no desire to post up some of these rare videos! Also bootleggers would have no desire to try to sell it either!   police
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:07:40 AM by The_Beach » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »

Hi Thank you for all of the kind words!  Cheesy I have been posting some extra rarities the past few days that I hope all you guys check out! Yes Brothers records blocked this video and another Dennis Wilson video the same day when this got posted (I doubt it is a coincidence since that video was up for about a half year)   but the good side of that is Brother Records must watch these boards and consider what we want released of the Beach Boys! Maybe we can get Brother Records to released some goodies in the vaults if they see how much we want it and keep talking about it! If all the stuff had been released I would have no desire to post up some of these rare videos! Also bootleggers would have no desire to try to sell it either!   police

Too true
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »

Too true

If only Brother Records would look at it that way!  Undecided
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 05:24:11 PM »

Thanks a lot, Chaki. That was our only burlesque house.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx