-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273937 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2016, 05:40:55 PM »

Wow, I hadn't read those AGD messages until now!  What a nutcase.   

I can't believe he seriously thought Smile Brian was Melinda Wilson.  LOL

A true case of para(agd)noia. He needs a shrink wrap in the worst way. Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 18, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »

john, it isn't necessarily the board issues that posters decide to leave it. It's better than being banned, may get back with new account. I just don't like this speculation in case of halblaineisgood that he went due to "drama". It isn't true.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 19, 2016, 04:08:09 AM »

How many long standing members have been banned in the past six months? (I've lost count.) How many of them were perceived as "Love supporters" being insufficiently respectful to Brian and/or Melinda? (I've lost count.)

Why not consider WHY those members were banned, rather than who they support?

I requested many months ago that some of the more prominent bans be detailed and discussed - because now there is a false narrative from people on the BS forum that they got banned because they support Mike Love. It should've been on record and evidence put forth as to why people got banned in the first place. I'm not saying we need a laughable sub-forum section on bans like the BS forum does, but a simple locked thread in the Sandbox for reference would go a long way.

One guy compared Brian fans to suicide bombers, a couple people constantly harassed an enthusiastic member who supports and has a history with Brian, one person insinuated that someone who works with Brian should commit suicide, another launched a childish tirade against a good friend of Brian's, another guy continuously passed on false information about the person Brian Wilson is married to, (noticing a pattern yet?). I'm sure that Billy and Guitarfool have plenty more they could share about the bans here. But this stuff should've been written about and documented by the mod team. To be fair though, it's easier said than done - knowing one of the banned members has a penchant for threatening people and their families and another creepily attempted to collect the address of a fellow poster here. I totally understand wanting to leave it all behind and move forward. But when people are making false claims about why they were banned it becomes necessary to correct the record.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 19, 2016, 04:11:49 AM »

Time for "love and smile Brian" Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 19, 2016, 05:38:17 AM »

There are several annoying "narratives" going on in the wacky world of BB fandom.

1) "Brianistas". That it could ever become a sort of insult is absurd in itself. We all owe to Brian a world of music rating among the best ever, done overcoming problems one would not wish upon their worst enemy. He has delighted legions of people, and consistently been a beneficial infuence on many of our lives. While I am comfortably typing this, he is out in the world working his a** off for us fans, again overcoming stage fright, anxiety, fatigue, and his pains. On top of all, he comes out as humble and unassuming as possible.
Do we "Brianistas" think that Brian can do no wrong? No. That he walks on water? No. That all the other Beach Boys are artistically negligible? No. Brian has been and is discussed in depth, here and elsewhere, and not everything is praise, even by the so-called "Brianistas".
But yes, we love Brian, and with reason. He is not only a musical genius. He is a HERO... our hero.

2) "Mike haters". WE DON'T HATE MIKE LOVE. I don't think anybody in this board hates Mike, not even OSD and Smile Brian: their anti-Mike attitude seems more like a put-on to me, a voluntary exaggeration bordering at times on self-parody. After all, some of the reasons I listed for loving Brian are also valid for Mike, up to a point. And "hate" is a big word, which I reserve for those who effectively damage and ruin other people's lives, like UE bureaucrats for example.
Let's rather say that even many ex-fans of his (like me) can't stand any more his relentless self-serving, his attempts to rewrite history, his always harping on Wilson drug abuse and sundry other things, his going after Melinda.
Said that, there's a current thread here about Mike's best vocal moments, started by Century Deprived, who is surely considered a "Brianista". Most of the "regulars" here have contributed. That's how we hate Mike. 3D

3) The bans. A handful of people have been banned, yes. 3381 members, and growing, haven't. First as a lurker then as a member, I have followed the "history" before those bans, and feel free to say that they had it coming. In some cases they were practically asking for it. Sometimes there were specific, very serious, reasons for the ban. In other cases, there was a history of years of trolling and sistematic board disruption.
Sure, the mods have become harsher lately. Imho, if anything they had been too lenient before. There is a self-defence argument too: namely, this board and its mods have been subjected to rather nauseating campaigns against.
Be as it may, with the "new" policy the board is healthier and friendlier than ever before.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:03:49 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Quincy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 19, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »

Thumbs Up
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 20, 2016, 04:36:48 AM »

Thanks Quincy!
I made that long post to try and resume, in just one place, what I think on those matters. Though now I'm sorry I did, as it was totally redundant. Either people alread get those things (like most here), or they are delusional, or they have agendas, or both of the latter.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:42:15 AM by thorgil » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 20, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »

Thorgil, do not be sorry for posting that - it was a perfect summary that some people need to read.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 20, 2016, 09:02:27 AM »

Thanks, Rab, but I convinced the already convinced. Smiley

MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 21, 2016, 03:01:17 PM »

Just found this thread today... It's kind of shocking to learn about how much of a scumbag AGD turned out to be. It's kind of pathetic, really, given the glee with which he has crapped all over Beach Boys fans these past few years. AND YET he still has the nerve to play the aggrieved party. He must have no shame whatsoever.

So-- anything that AGD has posted on this board should really be taken with either a grain of salt, or the entire Cargill mine. Sickening 
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 22, 2016, 04:48:44 AM »

edit
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:32:46 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 22, 2016, 05:47:57 AM »

There are several annoying "narratives" going on in the wacky world of BB fandom.

1) "Brianistas". That it could ever become a sort of insult is absurd in itself. We all owe to Brian a world of music rating among the best ever, done overcoming problems one would not wish upon their worst enemy. He has delighted legions of people, and consistently been a beneficial infuence on many of our lives. While I am comfortably typing this, he is out in the world working his a** off for us fans, again overcoming stage fright, anxiety, fatigue, and his pains. On top of all, he comes out as humble and unassuming as possible.
Do we "Brianistas" think that Brian can do no wrong? No. That he walks on water? No. That all the other Beach Boys are artistically negligible? No. Brian has been and is discussed in depth, here and elsewhere, and not everything is praise, even by the so-called "Brianistas".
But yes, we love Brian, and with reason. He is not only a musical genius. He is a HERO... our hero.

2) "Mike haters". WE DON'T HATE MIKE LOVE. I don't think anybody in this board hates Mike, not even OSD and Smile Brian: their anti-Mike attitude seems more like a put-on to me, a voluntary exaggeration bordering at times on self-parody. After all, some of the reasons I listed for loving Brian are also valid for Mike, up to a point. And "hate" is a big word, which I reserve for those who effectively damage and ruin other people's lives, like UE bureaucrats for example.
Let's rather say that even many ex-fans of his (like me) can't stand any more his relentless self-serving, his attempts to rewrite history, his always harping on Wilson drug abuse and sundry other things, his going after Melinda.
Said that, there's a current thread here about Mike's best vocal moments, started by Century Deprived, who is surely considered a "Brianista". Most of the "regulars" here have contributed. That's how we hate Mike. 3D

3) The bans. A handful of people have been banned, yes. 3381 members, and growing, haven't. First as a lurker then as a member, I have followed the "history" before those bans, and feel free to say that they had it coming. In some cases they were practically asking for it. Sometimes there were specific, very serious, reasons for the ban. In other cases, there was a history of years of trolling and sistematic board disruption.
Sure, the mods have become harsher lately. Imho, if anything they had been too lenient before. There is a self-defence argument too: namely, this board and its mods have been subjected to rather nauseating campaigns against.
Be as it may, with the "new" policy the board is healthier and friendlier than ever before.

I completely agree about Brianistas. It may have taken on a meaning (for some) of being delusional about Brian and the other Beach Boys. For me, it just means someone who supports Brian. I had a T shirt done with this word in rhinestones. I believe in nailing my colours to the mast on this one. The reasons so many support Brian are IMO self explanatory. It is harder to understand why Mike gets the level of support he does from some of his most loyal fans.
Hating Mike? Occasionally I feel strong dislike. For example when reading the wording of the 2005 lawsuit.

As for the banning, I agree with thorgil. Most of those surely had it coming.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »

I go away for a few months, and then I miss out on all the drama bombshells  Sad  But damn, this is some crazy stuff.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
delete this account
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 18, 2016, 05:03:47 PM »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:23:24 AM by Statistic No. 129 » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: October 18, 2016, 05:56:47 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 18, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »

Oh my god! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 18, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »

I was amazed at the number of pictures of ADG on his facebook page, I would guess he's a big mirror collector Wink

Bahaha, I'm glad someone else noticed this.  LOL

It's fairly obvious that he and myKe luHv have something so disgustingly in common. They have, for no reason whatsoever, gigantic, overblown egos.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 18, 2016, 07:11:33 PM »

I was amazed at the number of pictures of ADG on his facebook page, I would guess he's a big mirror collector Wink

Bahaha, I'm glad someone else noticed this.  LOL

It's fairly obvious that he and myKe luHv have something so disgustingly in common. They have, for no reason whatsoever, gigantic, overblown egos.  Roll Eyes

His hair is pretty majestic though.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: October 18, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »

So was mine, once upon a time...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 18, 2016, 07:38:40 PM »

Somebody photoshop AGD's hair onto a picture of Billy ASAP! Cool Guy

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: October 18, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »

Oh God no LOL

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 18, 2016, 07:51:30 PM »

Somebody photoshop AGD's hair onto a picture of Billy ASAP! Cool Guy

And make kokodoe bald!!  Evil

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: October 18, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »

LOL

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 22, 2016, 09:56:06 AM »

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: October 22, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »

Bahaha, I'm glad someone else noticed this.  LOL

Dennis influence?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:19:04 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: