-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273933 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 30, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »

I STILL don't know what happened with Brad Elliot. Is everyone that does research on the BB's alleged to be crooked?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=21369.0
PapaNez22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 30, 2016, 10:44:14 PM »

Wut?
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2016, 07:46:58 AM »

Plastics.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2016, 08:27:42 AM »

There are times i really miss Green Acres.

I’m sure Andrew will buck up, will continue to contribute to the saga as only he can. He has seen worse.
I am reminded of a soirée years ago. He was in officer’s uniform, glass of Maker’s Mark in hand, light and shadow
stressing his tilted jaw, and letting it be known—to a circle of maidens no less—that his cousin Prince Vassily
was in town for a spell, bunking with Andrew himself. One lass called him out—suggesting that Vassily had
in fact recently passed on—whereupon Andrew broke into a falsetto take on the bridge from “No Go Showboat.”
The girls positively swooned. He can maintain his balance.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

This entire thread (and incident, for that matter) is breathtaking.

Imagine yourself being accused of a crime or some other hideous act. The authorities take action by having you jailed or removed from the premises. Then, the prosecutors proceed to publicly wage a campaign of innuendo, ladling out vague tidbits that paint a picture of guilt, and at the very least dishonorable behavior. More so, they allow for  speculation to continue via their own public forum from commenters that possess only basic, limited information.

It seems that's what has happened here, and the main players are unable to see the forest from the trees.

Meanwhile, the accused has been awarded no due process. All he can do it sit idly and watch his personal reputation be trashed with no ability to respond.

I have never met AGD and know him only from his website and his comments on this forum. While I believe he can be a bit curt at times, he is still a human being and a fellow BB fan.

This manner in which this banning has been undertaken, and the public display that has accompanied it, is sickening.

The moderators should be ashamed. I hope I am not banned and publicly flogged for finally speaking out.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:11:38 AM by John Malone » Logged
jdavolt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:25 AM »

Huh?

I will sue this blog and the owner
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »

Imagine yourself being accused of a crime or some other hideous act. The authorities take action by having you jailed or removed from the premises. Then, the prosecutors proceed to publicly wage a campaign of innuendo, ladling out vague tidbits that paint a picture of guilt, and at the very least dishonorable behavior. More so, they allow for  speculation to continue via their own public forum from commenters that possess only basic, limited information.

It seems that's what has happened here, and the main players are unable to see the forest from the trees.

Meanwhile, the accused has been awarded no due process. All he can do it sit idly and watch his personal reputation be trashed with no ability to respond.

You are missing one step, and wrong about another.

In between AGD being hauled off by the brown shirts, and the fascist leaders destroying AGD's reputation, you forgot to mention people taking their long-term campaign against the moderators to other forums.  So, let people bring their grievances here.  And let the moderators address those grievances here.

Also, "the accused," as I have already said, is welcome to send a message to me, which can then be posted, completely unaltered and unchanged, in this thread. 

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2016, 10:07:53 AM »

Plastics.

Welcome back Jeff.   What brings you back after almost three years being gone?

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »

I hope I am not banned and publicly flogged for finally speaking out.

No one, NO ONE, has ever been banned from this message board for "speaking out" or voicing their opinion on any topic.  To suggest such a thing shows a gross misunderstanding of the nature of this message board, and hopefully is not an attempt to make others misunderstand the nature of this message board.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2016, 10:14:49 AM »

Agreed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2016, 10:27:41 AM »

In between AGD being hauled off by the brown shirts, and the fascist leaders destroying AGD's reputation, you forgot to mention people taking their long-term campaign against the moderators to other forums.  So, let people bring their grievances here.  And let the moderators address those grievances here.

Also, "the accused," as I have already said, is welcome to send a message to me, which can then be posted, completely unaltered and unchanged, in this thread.  

I believe this thread was locked and an attempt at another thread was also locked at the time, wasn't it, when discussions were begun at the Hoffman board?

I think the objection is it appears AGD wasn't given an opportunity to address his accusers or their accusations regarding the alleged potential libel before the banning and before they were exposed to the public. Is that incorrect?  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:29:00 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2016, 11:40:16 AM »

Imagine yourself being accused of a crime or some other hideous act. The authorities take action by having you jailed or removed from the premises. Then, the prosecutors proceed to publicly wage a campaign of innuendo, ladling out vague tidbits that paint a picture of guilt, and at the very least dishonorable behavior. More so, they allow for  speculation to continue via their own public forum from commenters that possess only basic, limited information.

In between AGD being hauled off by the brown shirts, and the fascist leaders destroying AGD's reputation, you forgot to mention people taking their long-term campaign against the moderators to other forums.  So, let people bring their grievances here.  And let the moderators address those grievances here.

I believe this thread was locked and an attempt at another thread was also locked at the time, wasn't it, when discussions were begun at the Hoffman board?

I think the objection is it appears AGD wasn't given an opportunity to address his accusers or their accusations regarding the alleged potential libel before the banning and before they were exposed to the public. Is that incorrect? 

As has been said more that once,  this thread was reopened because discussion began showing up on other forums.

As has also been said more than once,  the banning was NOT solely due to the confirmed- NOT alleged - potential libel, but also bullying/harassment pms, which had been addresses many time previously,  and had resulted in numerous suspensions

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 01, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »

Imagine yourself being accused of a crime or some other hideous act. The authorities take action by having you jailed or removed from the premises. Then, the prosecutors proceed to publicly wage a campaign of innuendo, ladling out vague tidbits that paint a picture of guilt, and at the very least dishonorable behavior. More so, they allow for  speculation to continue via their own public forum from commenters that possess only basic, limited information.

As has been said more that once,  this thread was reopened because discussion began showing up on other forums.

As has also been said more than once,  the banning was NOT solely due to the confirmed- NOT alleged - potential libel, but also bullying/harassment pms, which had been addresses many time previously,  and had resulted in numerous suspensions

Yes, as was said, both threads were closed at the time.

I understood about the "bullying"; the confirmed potential libel was AGD relating something identified by him as from a second party source as I understand the explanation?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: May 01, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »

I understood about the "bullying"; the confirmed potential libel was AGD relating something identified by him as from a second party source as I understand the explanation?

Allegedly, yes. Let me also stress that there weren't just one or two recipients of these messages.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2016, 12:52:18 PM »

Allegedly, yes. Let me also stress that there weren't just one or two recipients of these messages.

Sent directly from AGD or passed around by second/third/fourth parties? 

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »

The former, definitely ...I have no way to corroborate the latter.

Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2016, 01:45:25 PM »

This seems to be getting ridiculous.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2016, 02:27:57 PM »

This seems to be getting ridiculous.

I agree! It has been fully explained repeatedly why he has been banned. His "friends" simply refuse to accept it and argue unendingly.

Lock the thread, time to move on!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2016, 06:00:06 PM »

*DEEEEEEEP BREATHHHHHHH*

Phew!

Ok. I am ready to move on now.  police
PapaNez22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 01, 2016, 10:34:22 PM »

Hey Andrew G:
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2016, 02:09:49 AM »

What were you wearing when AGD was banned?

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »

A thousand yard stare.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »

A thousand yard stare.
An amazing response you received there, Cam. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 04, 2016, 11:08:36 AM »

I haven't had an opportunity to read all 23 pages of this thread, but on page 1 there are people who banned AGD because he is not a Brianista!?! That is I sure! Personally speaking I had no issues with AGD even though he was rude to me a few times. I thought maybe it was his twisted sense of humor. But I can see how others won't put up with that behavior. While some claim the mods were too patient with AGD, others claim they weren't patient enough! I am so glad I am not a mod! Must be like being Toby Flanderson on The Office! But my opinion of the Smiley board is that there is more thoughtful conversation here than any other board I've been to!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
modestmaus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:07 PM »

It's sad that it came to this but, I also find it sad that in many communities/fandoms the more 'elite' members "can practically get away with murder" as they say (the Doctor Who fandom kind of comes to mind here).

I never had any run ins with AGD that I recall (and I'd like to believe even if I had I would keep feelings about that separate from this) and I want to stress as much as possible that I don't celebrate the banning of AGD, at least not on a personal type level but, I do applaud the mods for not putting an uber-fan ahead of the rules. Not enough boards and fandoms are willing to do that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:26:50 PM by modestmaus » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: