-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273957 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »

Chuck showing up in Hoffman out of the blue. He rarely comes here besides showing up in there. Just sayin'....

Coincidence?  I think not.  Just saying.
Of course! You rarely come out to play. But really, for people to post stuff about somebody who cannot defend them self is not right. You see Hoffman closed that thread real quick.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »

I still don't know why this thread is even open. "What's the point of beating a dead horse?" he asked, before clicking "Post."

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »

Of course! You rarely come out to play. But really, for people to post stuff about somebody who cannot defend them self is not right. You see Hoffman closed that thread real quick.

I agree, not being able to respond on the Hoffman thread was frustrating.

If AGD would like us to post his thoughts about the banning, he can get it to me directly, either by email or on Facebook, and I will seriously consider posting it in this thread.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »

Well said.

I feel bad now, though, because if I had known Mikie had threatened you and your family, I never would've let him on here.

I guess I got off really well then only being cyber-stalked for 10 days and publicly psychoanalyzed by Mikie here (even though he's never met me).  Happily, I wasn't even involved when he decided to publicly self-destruct on SS later to assure his lifetime ban.  The mods took care of it all because they're responsible people who aren't particularly into public lies. 

But you all can apparently still chat with the guy since he's on the Hoffman boards - and it's clearly full of all the rejects from this board - the racists, the misogynists, the cyber-stalkers - they're all there if you miss them so much.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »

it's clearly full of all the rejects from this board - the racists, the misogynists, the cyber-stalkers - they're all there if you miss them so much.

I don't qualify for any of the above, so I think an apology is in order. Mods?
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2016, 02:17:00 PM »

it's clearly full of all the rejects from this board - the racists, the misogynists, the cyber-stalkers - they're all there if you miss them so much.

Yeah, I won't be apologizing over that comment.  I didn't reference you personally, nor did I say the entire board was made up of such people.  But I'm seeing the banned creeps all there, now that someone tipped me off to look.  If you're there too, congratulations.  Have fun.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »

Yeah, I won't be apologizing over that comment.  I didn't reference you personally, nor did I say the entire board was made up of such people.  But I'm seeing the banned creeps all there, now that someone tipped me off to look.  If you're there too, congratulations.  Have fun.

Well, you can grow a pair and apologise to me, then.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2016, 02:20:18 PM »

Smiling Ed's a good guy...not like the group referenced.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #383 on: April 27, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »

Thanks, Billy. As ever, I appreciate it.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »

The Hoffman board has a membership of over 55,000 members (for a frame of reference, it appears the Smiley Smile board has a bit over 3,300), so to generalize in any way about that board because of a few former members of this board is unfair.

I have mixed feelings about the Hoffman board (I pretty much ignore a lot of the audiophile wankery; and some of their moderating is very much more questionable and subjective), but there are a ton of intelligent fans and experts and industry people on that board. 99.999999% of that board has nothing to do with the Beach Boys, let alone a few former SS posters.

While I want the Smiley Smile Board to thrive (it's the only BB board still going folks) and the Hoffman board rarely offers an insight into the BBs that Smiley Smile hasn't already offered, I would encourage folks to check that board out for a myriad of music related topics (both on the audio side of things and just general music discussion), as well as film/TV/photography, and so on.

I'm guessing (and I have no info on the subject) that the thread in question over on the Hoffman board was deleted because it was almost entirely a thread simply pissing and moaning about *another* unrelated message board, with a bit of inflammatory paraphrased bits of alleged info from PMs thrown in for good measure. I'm surprised that thread lasted as long as it did, and it's also a bummer for whomever it was that started that thread, which was started about some unrelated thing to do with a Beach Boys fan twitter feed or something.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:28:46 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2016, 02:37:54 PM »

I still don't know why this thread is even open. "What's the point of beating a dead horse?" he asked, before clicking "Post."

+1

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 27, 2016, 02:48:47 PM »

Well, you can grow a pair and apologise to me, then.

Being female, I don't especially care to grow a pair.  If you took my comment personally, I have no idea why.  Please explain?  If there was a direct insult, of course, I'll apologize.  Unless you're one of the guys I mentioned, how were you personally insulted?
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »

I’m sure Andrew will buck up, will continue to contribute to the saga as only he can. He has seen worse.
I am reminded of a soirée years ago. He was in officer’s uniform, glass of Maker’s Mark in hand, light and shadow
stressing his tilted jaw, and letting it be known—to a circle of maidens no less—that his cousin Prince Vassily
was in town for a spell, bunking with Andrew himself. One lass called him out—suggesting that Vassily had
in fact recently passed on—whereupon Andrew broke into a falsetto take on the bridge from “No Go Showboat.”
The girls positively swooned. He can maintain his balance.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »

I don't want AGD back in any form. How many chances does this guy get?
Obviously not as many as you get.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

I’m sure Andrew will buck up, will continue to contribute to the saga as only he can. He has seen worse.
I am reminded of a soirée years ago. He was in officer’s uniform, glass of Maker’s Mark in hand, light and shadow
stressing his tilted jaw, and letting it be known—to a circle of maidens no less—that his cousin Prince Vassily
was in town for a spell, bunking with Andrew himself. One lass called him out—suggesting that Vassily had
in fact recently passed on—whereupon Andrew broke into a falsetto take on the bridge from “No Go Showboat.”

My lip is quivering as a single tear rolls down my cheek.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »

I'm still trying to make sense of this story, but I know one thing-- I like it
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »

At this point, the whole thread is a pressure trip on Billy.,, Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2016, 03:15:46 PM »

So did any moderator have any discussion about any of these matters with AGD before banning?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2016, 03:40:28 PM »

So did any moderator have any discussion about any of these matters with AGD before banning?

Actually, I did, on Facebook,  specifically about the 'bullying'  PMs. As I saw them with my own eyes , I let him know that there was no question. I am the one who contacted him. I'd had discussions with him previously about this...in fact, all of his previous bans/suspensions were done by me. When I reinstated him the last time, I told him that this had to be the last time, that I couldn't make any exceptions any longer.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: April 27, 2016, 03:40:49 PM »

At this point, the whole thread is a pressure trip on Billy.,, Roll Eyes

Certainly feels like it

Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 27, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »

And to follow up on Cam's thought; which one of you were in the Book Depository and which one of you were on the grassy knoll? Because you know, there has to be a conspiracy going on here.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:42:52 PM by Doo Dah » Logged

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: April 27, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »

And to follow up on Cam's thought; which one of you were in the Book Depository and which one of you were on the grassy knoll? Because you know, there has to be a conspiracy going on here.

I'm the one who shot the Kennedys (being a time traveler helps), faked the moon landing, cost the Bills the Super Bowl 4 years running, and created climate change.

But i didn't shoot the deputy!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 27, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »

And new coke/crystal Pepsi. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: April 27, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »

Hey crystal pepsi was awesome.

I don't remember what New Coke tasted like, though I can't imagine it would be any worse than Tab *shudder*

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 27, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »

I shot tupac. I didn't kill him, though.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: