-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 275883 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2016, 11:00:45 AM »

Reopening and moving to the Sandbox

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »

Reopening and moving to the Sandbox

Groovy!

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »

I just learned about this and it's difficult to process - it just doesn't sound like something AGD would do, at least not if he was in his right mind.  I'm not doubting he did whatever he is being alleged to have done, and deserved banning, but something is just not right about the whole situation.  I noticed someone upstream mentioned they knew of at least one "insider" who was deliberately feeding AGD misinformation.  Could this have been a deliberate "set up" from those who wanted him ousted from the Brian circle?  I know a conspiracy theory is pretty far fetched, but the lack of logic in the whole situation (from AGD who was always so particular about logic and grammar and interpreting what exactly is meant by what someone says) is so bizarre and atypical of AGD, at least the AGD I knew and met and spent some brief time with.

On the other hand, I feel deprived that I never received any of these slanderous and scandalous PM's!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »

I noticed someone upstream mentioned they knew of at least one "insider" who was deliberately feeding AGD misinformation.  Could this have been a deliberate "set up" from those who wanted him ousted from the Brian circle?

My understanding is one of the people who has been giving him info 'switched sides' himself, if you follow me.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 27, 2016, 11:21:17 AM »

Could this have been a deliberate "set up" from those who wanted him ousted from the Brian circle?
Given his personality and willingness to spread the info around, I'd say he probably managed to get kicked out of Brian's camp on his own.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:21:52 AM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 27, 2016, 11:23:49 AM »

And his bunk "I know something you don't" act when he really didn't wore thin.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 27, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »

Ok, here's an idea, question. What if Andrew were to write out a "statement", or explanation for everything he's accused of? Would a mod be willing to post it, or let it be posted by another member?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 27, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »

If this has been reopened then maybe AGD should be allowed to come in and defend himself. Amazing that as soon as a thread is closed at Hoffman this then reemerges.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »

Ok, here's an idea, question. What if Andrew were to write out a "statement", or explanation for everything he's accused of? Would a mod be willing to post it, or let it be posted by another member?

I would love to read such a statement.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 27, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »

I don't want AGD back in any form. How many chances does this guy get?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 27, 2016, 11:34:38 AM »

I don't want AGD back in any form. How many chances does this guy get?

At least one more to explain himself.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: April 27, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »

If this has been reopened then maybe AGD should be allowed to come in and defend himself. Amazing that as soon as a thread is closed at Hoffman this then reemerges.

I was asked to reopen it before Hoffman was closed...took me a bit because I didn't read my PMs until after the fact

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: April 27, 2016, 11:58:43 AM »

How many chances does this guy get?

That's the thing...he was on #3, but really could've (and should've...) been more.  Something like that will not happen again, regardless of who it is.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 27, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:44:26 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 27, 2016, 12:19:50 PM »

I was asked to reopen it before Hoffman was closed...took me a bit because I didn't read my PMs until after the fact
Come on Billy, that cannot be a coincidence. Also seeing Chuck there and maybe another mod just before the thread gets closed. Something smells rotten in Denmark.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 27, 2016, 12:25:30 PM »

How many chances does this guy get?

That's the thing...he was on #3, but really could've (and should've...) been more.  Something like that will not happen again, regardless of who it is.

Just to make it fair, then, give SmileBrian and OSD lifetime bans also.
There'll be a few protests but really no loss to the board other than the lack of crap postings and backslapping for OSD posts
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2016, 12:30:35 PM »

I've felt the sting of AGD's ire, but I harbored no ill will. He was just too informative and entertaining to write off for his... "personality flaws." They bugged me, and I wished he would have toned it down, but he was as much a target on this forum as Mike Love is, and grew increasingly frustrated-- along with many of us-- over the C50 Wars. Yes, he became rude and dismissive, because he kept having to deal with a bunch of idiots spouting the exact same crap back and forth day after day after day. He was forced into a corner.

Now, my question is: where does scholarly research end and a man's opinion begin? Is it AGD's fault that we expected him to be a perfect, neutral arbiter of facts, and to avoid the sort of public gossiping and guessing games that many of us take part in?

How certain are we that this info he allegedly passed on was, in fact, false? How certain are we that AGD himself did not actually believe the purported information to be true, and was therefore knowingly misleading people, as alleged? If AGD was knowingly misleading people, why was he doing it?

I know at least one moderator has reported that he confirmed that at least one bit of information that AGD allegedly disseminated was a falsehood. However, I'm ignorant of the contents of these messages, so I don't know if the bit that was debunked was "Brian Wilson killed Zeppo Wilson and Melinda hid the body" or if it's "Brian is finally sick and tired of 'Be My Baby'." Was this alleged falsehood so twisted that AGD's reputation would never recover, or was it something far less damning but false nonetheless?

Are message boards democracies? Do the moderators or site owner owe us anything at all, other than promises to abide by the rules they made?

Either way, I think this situation was going to be ugly no matter what and it's been handled with a respectful degree of openness, while still abiding by board rules. My sincerest hope-- and Billy's post are reassuring on this point-- is that this action was taken because the situation was just so messed up, and there was no hope of salvaging AGD's place on this board. Unfortunately, the rancorous relationship between AGD and Guitarfool has made some posters choose sides, which is unfortunate, because it's bad enough to lose AGD without everyone digging in deeper in the foxholes of discord.

Ummm, anyone can feel free to PM me? Since that's what all the cool kids have been doing all along, apparently. I'm never the cool kid, not even on a Beach Boys message board...
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2016, 12:32:22 PM »

Also, I vote that the mods should delete all posts that don't contain actual words and ban anyone who posts more than three of said messages.

(Just in case message boards are really democracies)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »

I can confirm that the thread over on the Steve Hoffman board (which was actually a thread initially started about something unrelated to anything to do with this board) was still active at the time this thread was reopened. I saw this thread reopened on the main board page where it lists all of the most recent posts across all of the different forums, and then went to the Hoffman board where "that" thread was still up and active.

I can't speak to much of anything else, but if there is an accusation that this tread was reopened after the Hoffman thread was closed, that is verifiably incorrect.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2016, 12:55:20 PM »

Why would the Hoffman thread be closed?  Unless posters were repeating the slanderous accusations that AGD was apparently making.  Too bad because Bellagio could have responded to the situation in some way over there.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »

I can confirm that the thread over on the Steve Hoffman board (which was actually a thread initially started about something unrelated to anything to do with this board) was still active at the time this thread was reopened. I saw this thread reopened on the main board page where it lists all of the most recent posts across all of the different forums, and then went to the Hoffman board where "that" thread was still up and active.

I can't speak to much of anything else, but if there is an accusation that this tread was reopened after the Hoffman thread was closed, that is verifiably incorrect.
I don't think timing has to perfect. Even within hours on the same day is not a coincidence. Chuck showing up in Hoffman out of the blue. He rarely comes here besides showing up in there. Just sayin'....

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »

Chuck showing up in Hoffman out of the blue. He rarely comes here besides showing up in there. Just sayin'....

Coincidence?  I think not.  Just saying.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2016, 01:15:09 PM »

Thank you.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »

Let me say this:  people don't get temporarily or permanently banned from this message board for nothing.  The reasons may not always be to everyone's liking or understanding, but a lot of investigation, discussion, and soul searching takes place before such actions.  

One example: Mikie.  I personally objected to him being on this board, as 1) he had been banned from Susan's board, and 2) he threatened me and my family.  But, I did not push the point, as I trust the moderators here, and they allowed him to be here.  Until, apparently, he did something, or enough of something, to get banned.  

Even the worst of troublemakers gets every chance to clean up their act.   When they don't, moderators moderate.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: April 27, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »

Well said.

I feel bad now, though, because if I had known Mikie had threatened you and your family, I never would've let him on here.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: